Recommend a EA50 camera bag - Page 5 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)
Including NEX-EA50UH / EA50EH / EA50H / EA50UK / EA50EK / EA50K

Old May 8th, 2013, 09:22 AM   #61
Regular Crew

Re: Recommend a EA50 camera bag

The wheels can be removed with 2 screws each, if you really needed them off.

I cant imagine getting a 1560 on a flight, I often have trouble with my 1510 if I am not in the first few groups on board. FYI if the mic holder on the EA50 was removable the little 1510 would be so nice with the camera upright.. as it is now it must lay on its side taking up a good bit of the space.

I find the upside to lugging Pelican cases around is that once you are at an event its easy to work from them and keep stuff secure enough to walk away from, I often have a few with me and just cable them together so they dont walk off.
Attached Thumbnails
Recommend a EA50 camera bag-pelican1.jpg  
Ray Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2013, 11:10 AM   #62
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Lee View Post
I cant imagine getting a 1560 on a flight,
I've flown many times with my 1560. Small regional jets will need to gate check it--you can put a lock on it if you wish, but larger jets like a 747 is all good as it will BARELY fit (with wheels) in the overhead bin. It's like .5 inch of being legal size for carry-on luggage. It will also fit underneath the seat in front of you, however, being 6'6" tall, I only did that once because I need leg room.
Old November 17th, 2013, 06:05 PM   #63
Regular Crew

Thinking of the Petrol PC206, as I want something where I don't have to remove the viewfinder and mic.

B&H also recommends the PortaBrace CTC Mini. Has anyone tried that bag?
Old November 17th, 2013, 07:09 PM   #64
Regular Crew

I just got the Petrol PC206 two weeks ago. Camera fits (with everything attached) like a glove. Absolutely incredible bag. I owned many camera bags in my career, and I will proudly say, THIS is the finest that has come my way. At $200 dollars, it's a steal. Like my metabones speed booster, the best money I've spent in decades.
Jon R. Hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2014, 04:13 AM   #65
Regular Crew

Get This

Sound advice on the Peli - thanks. I found a 'Genova' Trolley that fitted everything including my laptop, it was 89 euros! I was made up - got to the airport after owning it for half an hour and the handle wouldn't raise. By the time I did my trip one of the feet came off in a customs Xray machine and left a screw sticking out. I took it back and the guy in the shop accused me of busting it on purpose to get my money back haha. In the end he obliged. Don't buy Genova bags!

Has anyone found a decent carry-on trolley that fits the Ea50 yet? My back is killing me. ;)
Dave Vickers is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)