Ok I give up with weights!! - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)
Including NEX-EA50UH / EA50EH / EA50H / EA50UK / EA50EK / EA50K

Old March 31st, 2014, 01:50 AM   #46
Inner Circle

Re: Ok I give up with weights!!

Is this the one Chris?

DSLR Rig Support Rod|Shoulder Mount|Waist Belt

I will order today - they've given me a good price!
Peter Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2014, 05:21 AM   #47
Inner Circle

Hi Pete

Yep, that's the new model that I also ordered as it has the ball joint on the belt and a flexible pin at the top so it works better than the older type .. I ordered one last week and mine should be here pretty soon.

Their engineering tolerances are sometimes not the best and I found the support tubes were a bit sticky cos they are powder coated not anodised so if the coating is not uniform the tubes don't slide as smoothly as they should ...simple to rectify of course..just some 1200 grit wet/dry abrasive paper and gently rub down the outer surface and it's smooth as silk!!!

You will be quite amazed that your camera goes from being painfully front heavy to almost "weightless" .. I wear the belt all the time at weddings and just click in the support when I need it... It works really well for long shots of the bride coming down the aisle too.. really rock steady!

Let me know if you have any questions?

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2014, 05:25 AM   #48
Inner Circle

Just have to also mention that my good friend Don Bloom first put me onto this rig when I had my shoulder mount Panasonics about 3 years ago and he saved my back too!

A special thanks to Don for telling me where to go and find a solution!!

Chris
Old March 31st, 2014, 05:25 AM   #49
Inner Circle

Just ordered it Chris - sounds just the job - is it possible to attach anything else to the belt such as a lens or filter pouch?

Pete
Peter Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2014, 05:46 AM   #50
Inner Circle

Hi Pete

I don't see why not?? My old belt was just ballistic nylon with a front pad and pouch so that certainly could have anything you like hanging from it. The new belts appear to be wider (more comfort) so whether it will thread thru a lens pouch or not I guess depends on the loop at the back of the pouch ..I'm just guessing now but from the pics the newer belt looks at least 3" wide compared to the older ones that were narrower.

My wife gets a sore back when cleaning so she has taken my old belt and puts it on back to front so the support pad sits in the small of her back and gives support .. there is a use for everything!!!

Chris
Old March 31st, 2014, 01:02 PM   #51
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Harding View Post
Just have to also mention that my good friend Don Bloom first put me onto this rig when I had my shoulder mount Panasonics about 3 years ago and he saved my back too!

A special thanks to Don for telling me where to go and find a solution!!

Chris
Heh, No worries Chris. I'm always being told where to go so I just pay it forward whenever I can. ;-)

When I sold my DV Multirig I also included the belt so for the ENGRig I only have the clip on pouch left. That belt worked great. MY back is fine, my shoulder...not so much. Torn rotator cuff but NOT from hefting the camera (at least I don't think so).
Anyway, always happy to help a friend even if he's on the other side of the world. Have a "Fosters" on me!
Old March 31st, 2014, 08:30 PM   #52
Inner Circle

Thanks Don

My current support also has just a pouch and sometimes it's tricky to get the rod into the pouch as it's a tight fit. The new ones have a plate that slides into the pouch with a ball on it so hopefully that might provide more flexibility at my waist as the pouch seemed a little restrictive. Just busy yelling at the supplier as they decided in their wisdom to use a different courier instead of FedEx who are super quick!!

The aches and pains are all due to our age but all considered we are still doing pretty good!

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)