Just update my fs100 firmware - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS100 CineAlta

Sony NXCAM NEX-FS100 CineAlta
An interchangeable lens AVCHD camcorder using E-Mount lenses.

Old April 29th, 2012, 07:59 AM   #16
Inner Circle

Re: Just update my fs100 firmware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Weaver View Post
I bet peaking would have badly distracting in the higher mag settings, so they decided to drop for all.
Yeah, this can be the rationale behind it - but still, if you find peaking distracting (which may happen even in normal view), you should be able to deactivate it at will...
Old April 29th, 2012, 09:36 PM   #17

Why can't these manufacturers do everybody a favour and make world cameras, that are all PAL/NTSC switchable, world wide warranties, and world wide service and support. Totally disgraceful IMO.
Lee Mullen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2012, 01:12 AM   #18
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalan Salur View Post
Why can't these manufacturers do everybody a favour and make world cameras, that are all PAL/NTSC switchable, world wide warranties, and world wide service and support. Totally disgraceful IMO.
With the V2 firmware, the FS100 becomes just that: 50/60i switchable; unfortunately each time you switch between the 2 modes, a reboot is required - plus you'll need to either format your SD card, or replace it with one recorded with the "'right" format...

This is another V2 quirk - I was hoping to gain access to the 24/60 slow motion (in PAL area it's just 25/50), but with the way it's implemented, switching is too much hassle...
Old May 1st, 2012, 12:48 AM   #19
Regular Crew

My usage hours reset to zero after firmware v2
Also peaking works in expanded mode (4x/8x under v2)
Junior Pascual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2012, 02:12 AM   #20
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Pascual View Post
My usage hours reset to zero after firmware v2
Also peaking works in expanded mode (4x/8x under v2)
Are you 100% sure, Junior? That would be weird - many people confirmed there is no peaking in V2 Expanded Focus views...
Old May 1st, 2012, 07:12 AM   #21
Major Player

I just checked my camera. I get peaking with 2x expanded focus, but not seeing it with 4x.
Old May 1st, 2012, 09:49 AM   #22
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Troiano View Post
I just checked my camera. I get peaking with 2x expanded focus, but not seeing it with 4x.
Jeff - you mean you had peaking with 2x expansion with the V1 firmware V1, but now with the V2 you don't have it anymore with 4/8x expansion, right? This is the only way I can understand what you wrote :)

Some other observations... When the SD card is full, you cannot just delete the clips and preserve your SETTING directory with profiles:

- formatting the card also deletes the profiles
- it's possible to delete clips in the player mode, but no shortcut to select them all - marking each of them one by one is so tedious !

Unless I'm missing something obvious, the new firmware has not been thoroughly thought over...

PS. Has anyone checked if deleting the STREAM directory contents (all clips) on a computer leaves the SD card in a working condition when inserted back to the camera?
Old May 16th, 2012, 02:01 AM   #23
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samer Aslan View Post
here you go
Sony Support Centre

Samer
I can't open the link to the firmware on this site. It gets in a loop, you don't get to the firmware.

The micro site Dan Asseff refers to only gives the U versions, not the E (europe).

On no other European/Dutch sony site I find any reference to the firmware upgrade.

Can anyone help?
Cees van Kempen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2012, 05:30 AM   #24
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cees van Kempen View Post
I can't open the link to the firmware on this site. It gets in a loop, you don't get to the firmware.

The micro site Dan Asseff refers to only gives the U versions, not the E (europe).

On no other European/Dutch sony site I find any reference to the firmware upgrade.

Can anyone help?
the link works,i just tried it and it gave me the direct link to sony Europe with new firmware..
try this one:http://support.pro.sony.eu/software/...el=NEX-FS100EK
hope it works for you
Samer
Old May 16th, 2012, 05:33 AM   #25
Regular Crew

or this:Sony | Micro Site NXCAM & AVCHD
Old May 16th, 2012, 05:54 AM   #26
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samer Aslan View Post
the link works,i just tried it and it gave me the direct link to sony Europe with new firmware..
try this one:http://support.pro.sony.eu/software/...el=NEX-FS100EK
hope it works for you
Samer
Thanks Samer. But did you actually click on the link of the firmware? When I do I get a message like "Too many redirects occured trying to open .....etc." and then the thing stops.

And the Sony | Micro site only shows the US version. Elsewhere I read that the US version and the European version are not the same, but I don't know if that is correct.
Cees van Kempen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2012, 06:05 AM   #27
Regular Crew

you can go to this site:Sony : NEX-FS700E (NEXFS700E) : Product Overview : United Kingdom
and the click service & support and then click technical support information and in serch model you click fs 100 and it will take you to the model with firmware update...
Samer
Old May 16th, 2012, 06:17 AM   #28
Regular Crew

Cees, if you can't download it i can send it to you by email,i got it from European site although i do remember that many US members used the UE firmware version and it worked ok.
let me know
Samer
Old May 16th, 2012, 11:50 AM   #29
Major Player

Samer, I got it. Thanks a lot!
Cees van Kempen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS100 CineAlta