Good EX3 bag - Page 6 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old February 2nd, 2011, 03:52 PM   #76
Tourist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Reich View Post
Hey, Ted-
I screwed my Lectro receiver holder to the side plate on the Bebob. With this added width, the Kata 197 was just not wide enough... it's hard for me to see what receiver you are using in your photo, but it looks much smaller than the Lectrosonics 205's I'm using. I do mount one receiver on the Bebob cold shoe when I am using two wires, but don't keep one at this location unless I need both wires as it interferes with the grip. (not to mention added weight) I could get the camera in the bag sort of angled, but the problem was pulling it out easily.... the receiver would hang up on the 'lip' which overhangs both sides of the bag. Length wasn't a problem, even with my Chrosziel sunshade attached, but the sunshade also impeded easy removal of the camera from the bag because of the width. If the bag didn't have those overhanging 'lips', it might have worked well for me. I really wanted a bag which would allow the camera to be fully rigged with wires and shotgun, etc. and at least allow the camera to sit inside with the bag open. (I certainly wouldn't expect any bag to close fully rigged). But having a bag with the ability to do this would provide for a secure place to park the camera while working out of a vehicle, and allow for the dozens of times a day that the camera would be needed and ready to shoot.

I have had some very nice correspondence with John Fairley at Strut, and he says he is working on a new (or modified) bag which may work nicely. I'm very impressed with the customer service and responsiveness of this company. With all the different variations of camera accessories and personal requirements in a bag, I don't envy the people trying to keep up with bag designs.

In the meantime, the search goes on!
thanks for your input-
cheers
Just for the record, the new case for the EX3 is the GTC-3U. Now made in the USA
John Fairley is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds