FS5 or FS7: please advise - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM PXW-FS7 / FS5

Sony XDCAM PXW-FS7 / FS5
Super 35 CMOS recording 4K to XQD media cards.

Old April 5th, 2016, 06:00 AM   #46
Inner Circle

Re: FS5 or FS7: please advise

It also looks like some stores are trying to take advantage of these overpriced sony cards by raising the price on other brands, a Lexar XQD Pro 128GB 2933x card is 549euro in a Dutch store (Jeroen surely knows them as "fotokonijnenberg") and the exact same card is 215euro in another Dutch store. (art en craft), not sure if these don't work in the fs7 either?
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2016, 06:14 AM   #47
Major Player

Noa, these are the ones that are getting bad reviews on the B&H site for incompatibility issues with the FS7. But I noticed these ridiculous prices too. 555 euro's at Bol? They must be selling them like hotcakes!
(Isn't Art & Craft Belgian?)
Old April 5th, 2016, 06:21 AM   #48
Inner Circle

Ah yes, they are, no wonder it's cheaper :)
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2016, 12:25 PM   #49
Major Player

I contacted Lexar to ask what the deal is with the card and they replied swiftly and with good news: the Lexar XQD PRO 128GB 2933X cards that sell for $159,- are compatible with the FS7- if you have updated to the latest firmware V 3.10

I didn't even know there was an update (Sony has my email address and I registered my FS7?? It's not a very significant one, by the way) but will gladly update to accomodate these new cards! Great news for FS7 shooters.

It would be nice if someone who has this card can confirm this compatibility.

"Hi Jeroen,

Thank you for contacting Lexar Support.

The Sony PXW-FS7 is compatible with the XQD 2933x Pro Card as long as you have updated your camera with firmware update V3.10.

Please contact your camera manufacturer for additional information regarding this compatibility.

If you have further questions, please contact our technical support department. Try our online chat service at http://www.lexar.com/support/. At Lexar, we are committed to providing high-quality products and reliable service and support.

Sincerely,

Technical Support Team

BRIAN WALGAMOT
Technical Support Representative
Tel: 877-747-4031 (US & Canada only)
Tel: 208-363-5862
mailto: lexarsupport@micron.com
Old April 5th, 2016, 12:29 PM   #50
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlen Sahakian View Post
Thx Doug for you video, i just have one more question i hope ))) does the slow motion quality differ between them since the FS5 shoot in burst mode ?
I love the FS5, I actually use it far more often than my FS7 but the FS5 has a major issue with 240fps slow motion. specular highlights and high contrast you get weird purple blocks dancing around in your footage, I shoot sports so its almost always either in bright sun (specular highlights) or just super bright colorful uniforms (high contrast, like a red number on white jersey) so I get these in 99% of my slow motion. *** I never bothered to try 120fps to see if was better I just started using the FS7 or FS700 for slow-motion

I deleted most of the really bad ones these are actually the less noticeable samples.. and the indoor shot of the lock just to show it better

Ray Lee is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM PXW-FS7 / FS5