Release Forms -- Model / Talent / Location etc. - Page 7 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Taking Care of Business
The pen and paper aspects of DV -- put it in writing!

Old November 24th, 2005, 12:49 PM   #91
Inner Circle

Try here, might have what you want.

http://www.industrycontracts.com/
Richard Alvarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2005, 04:02 PM   #92
Major Player

Thats it! Thanks Richard
Jim Montgomery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2005, 11:12 AM   #93
Major Player

Yea, www.IndustryContracts.com is the best deal in town!

- ShannonRawls.com
Old March 30th, 2006, 09:29 AM   #94
Regular Crew

Standard Release Document for use

Does anyone have any suggestions on where I can get my hands on a release form that I could use/ modify to cover myself for the use of people/ images in remote production?

Thanks.

Chuck
Charles Penn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2006, 06:39 PM   #95
Major Player

release forms

Check out Pond5.com or currenttv.com. Pond5 has a standard form you might be able to alter to use for your own.

Many other places with resourses.
John Kang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2006, 07:07 PM   #96
Tourist

Release forms

Hi everyone

When I’m shooting people in public places and asking questions relating to our documentary, do I need to have each and everyone sign a release form ?

Some footage, we will probably not use for the movie but will post on the web only, still do we need to sign them on a release form ?

Thank You for your help.
Grace Shlomit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2006, 10:32 PM   #97
Major Player

I would get a release from each person appearing (or potentially appearing). Even when I do corporate work where the client has set up interviews with employees and customers, I get a release.

IMPORTANT - If minors are involved, ask the parents to sign the release. With all the wierd stuff going on these days, I'm really sensitive about this.
Mike Cavanaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2006, 11:14 PM   #98
Major Player

Personally, we now have EVERYONE who appears on camera to sign a release, but we're usually under somewhat controlled conditions rather than out in the open in a public location. And like Mike said, we get releases for minors via their parents.

99.9999% of the time they'll sign the release; the difficult part is the TIME involved with doing it if you're a tiny production. But we do it to cover our backside nonetheless; it's a minor inconvenience in comparison to being sued.
Duane Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2006, 11:27 AM   #99
Tourist

Thanks Mike & Duane.
Is the fact we will be using some of the interviews online only makes a different ?
Grace Shlomit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2006, 03:59 PM   #100
Major Player

I don't think it matters WHAT media it ends up in; if it's VISIBLE, then there's the possibility of the subject filing a lawsuit against you. Doesn't matter if you distribute the video via WEB, DVD, TV, or whatever...
Duane Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2006, 11:51 AM   #101
Major Player

In a way, posting the images online might make you even more vulnerable. Use of a finished tape/DVD product is controllable since people have to physically acquire something.

When you publish someone's image on the internet, you are not only potentially liable for your posting, but could concievably be held responsible for every pervert who downloads and re-posts it elsewhere.
Mike Cavanaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2006, 03:01 PM   #102
Regular Crew

What about street shots ... you know the ones with groups of people walking up and down streets in a downtown area? You don't need releases from all of them, do you?
Charles Penn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2006, 03:25 PM   #103
Major Player

If you are just getting b-roll and no interviews then no you don't need releases. If you interview anyone then yes you should. Tv news stations interview people everyday that are on the street and they do not get people to sign releases. But you should just to be safe if you are doing "man on the street interviews."

Mark
Mark Bournes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2006, 03:38 PM   #104
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Penn
What about street shots ... you know the ones with groups of people walking up and down streets in a downtown area? You don't need releases from all of them, do you?
In what type of production and used for what purpose? If you're talking about movies, episodic TV, and commercials, virtually everyone you see on-camera is an actor, even the background people. I've also seen barricades on the streets near location shoots that announce so and so is filming in the vicinity and walking past that point is a grant of implicit permission for them to use your likeness if you are accidently photographed in the background.
Old April 6th, 2006, 06:47 PM   #105
Regular Crew

Mark hit it. I'm shooting b-roll to cover edits.
Charles Penn is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business