Y'all step up and say Howdy - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old January 23rd, 2002, 06:17 AM   #31
prelude2cinema

Please, allow me to Introduce myself

I am Alex Michaels. I'm a Director/ Writer who is part of Prelude2Cinema a digital movie company. we have shot two features using the Canon XL1. I absolutely love the camera. At our site, www.prelude2cinema.com, we have a free newsletter and movie clips from our movies. We would love to hear from other filmmakers.
Old January 29th, 2002, 10:25 AM   #32
login418

Looking for DETROIT TALENT and crew.

Hello Detroit and Winsor,

Starting this spring I will begin principle photograhy on a DV film to be shoot in the Detroit area as well as Windsor and possibly Toronto. I am looking for talent (both experienced and nonexperience) to play key roles.

Its titled "OverDraft" and shows a young black WSU student who, through a bank error, gets his hands on some extra cash which he launders through offshore bank accounts... sort of a Swordfish/MenanceIISociety flick.

If anyone would like to be placed on the mailing list for casting call info, email your email address to part2productions@hotmail.com
This includes grips, graffers, boom mic opperators, PA's and people that have nothing else better to do during a warm Detroit summer...yea right!

Thanks.
Old February 1st, 2002, 08:14 PM   #33
matteo151

Greetings

Greetings all. My name is Matteo Masiello and I am a New York based writer/producer/director. I hope that I will interract with all of you in different ways, both sharing info and sharing a similar passion.
Old February 2nd, 2002, 09:59 AM   #34
RED Code Chef

Welcome aboard! We'll see you around here :)

Regards,

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2002, 04:47 PM   #35
rwilliams

Kentucky XL-1 Film makers out there?

I from Lawrenceburg, looking for fellow Kentuckians with XL-1 equipment and experiance.

icbn@bellsouth.net
Old February 10th, 2002, 02:27 PM   #36
animation

filmmaker going DV

Hello All,

I'm an filmmaker that is about to purchase his first mini DV camera (XL1S). I have been working in film for the past 11 years focusing on stop-motion and writing as an independent producer and as a hired gun.

I currently have an office in the Chicago area, but am relocating back to California next month so the idea of new space and camera will hopefully bring great inspiration!

Looking forward to meeting many and learning much from this board.

Scott
Old February 10th, 2002, 03:17 PM   #37
Regular Crew

Scott,

You'll find a treasure of resources (and opinions!) that will help in making the transition to DV. I'm a screenwriter who is taking the R.Rodriguez/Edward Burns route and sold my pride and joy ( a 69 Mustang fastback 351/4v-C6 to any pony lovers) and invested in a digital set up.

I'm in pre-production and now working with a long-time friend/illustrator turned storyboard artist. I'm having the time of my life...

Best of luck and keep us posted on your journey.

Wayde
WGardner-waydeg@hotmail.com
Wayde Gardner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2002, 11:54 AM   #38
New Boot

Introducing myself

Hi folks....

Chuck Hatcher from Dallas,TX here. I've been in the film/video business as a shooter for... well a long time... how's that..LOL

I've been shooting with an XL-1 and now an XL-1s for about 3 years. I have shot commercials, music videos and corporate projects with them and my clients are knocked out. I also shoot for 3 shows on the Discovery Channel and they require Betacam which I now find is limiting me. Grrrrrrr.

BTW... Chris Herd.... you should post a link on the yahoo club "canonxlpro" that this community is here.

chuc
972/333.6071
www.chucdp.com
Chuck Hatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2002, 12:44 PM   #39
Regular Crew

Chuck,

Another Dallasite...

Great to have you here. I'm in Frisco, Tx. Drop us a note sometime. I'm shooting my first digital "film" this spring and looking to start more corporate and event/ENG work.

http://www.geocities.com/rightfieldfilms/RightFieldFilms.html

WGardner

Wayde
Wayde Gardner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2002, 11:27 PM   #40
John Thompson

in search of freelancers

I am just starting out on my own DV adventure,and need experience doing more shooting. I have mostly done photography in the past. I have a XL1S and VX2000 plus a Shure wireless system, I am in need of more experience and am practicing as much as I can. I am a beginer in dv but I am learning fast. I am propritor of Fiddlestix Video Productions and will be ready for debut soon. I dont know if I can help but I am out here. I live in maryland so thats not to far away. you can email me at Fiddlestixvideo@hotmail.com Thanks. John
Old February 15th, 2002, 11:41 PM   #41
John Thompson

family

My family needs to be in an instution! I am just starting on my DV journey and also see a documentary in my future. Good Luck to us both, I dont have any film school experence just a dream.
Old February 15th, 2002, 11:59 PM   #42
John Thompson

Thanks for all the info!

This is great, I have really learned alot from all the articles and advice, I am really grateful for all this info. This has helped me with many decisions as what to aquire to make my DV dream come true! Thanks Guys!
Old February 16th, 2002, 12:14 AM   #43
Obstreperous Rex

Howdy from Texas,

You don't need film school experience. I have film school experience, and believe me you don't need it. All you need are dreams and motivation in equal portions. Welcome to the club,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2002, 10:49 AM   #44
Garynycyo

NYC DV Cameraman/DP/Editor w/Gear!

Hi all!

Reasonable rates for a camera operator, editor or DP in New York City! Please come over and check out my website for more info on rates and equipment!

WWW.thevideoguy.com

Last edited by Garynycyo; February 18th, 2002 at 03:46 PM.
Old February 18th, 2002, 11:49 AM   #45
Registration Incomplete -- contact Admin.

Introduction

Hi, from Northern Virginia! Just thought I'd introduce myself officially after being on these forums for about the past week.

Thanks go out to you guys...I've learned a great deal in just the past couple weeks and hope to learn a lot more.

I'll probably be in here from time to time hoping to get some of my questions answered.

I'm very brand new to this world. I really have no filming/digital video background whatsoever. I'm more of a PC-guru which is where most of my background is in. But I've always had an interest in filming and digital video as a hobby for a long time. I was usually side tracked and never had the time and money to pursue this hobby in the past.

But as it turns out I've got both and it couldn't have been a more perfect time...because I'm the type of person that gets bored very easily. When I get bored I usually spend money...which can be a good or bad thing depending on how you look at it. In this case, being a good thing I hope.

My only worry is that I won't be very creative. My idea of this hobby is just to have fun with my digital video experience. Maybe make some short movies, spoofs, vacation highlights, etc...with friends and family. I think that's such a cool idea. Do like a different project every month and then have a premiere party at my place. That would be awesome.

I know I would be pretty good and doing the Editing part. I'm pretty creative there once I learn a bunch of techniques and how to use certain software. But the actual "what to film" part, I may not be as creative at. But i'm hoping to get help there from friends.

Anyway, so this is me. Talk to you soon.

-mdreyes23
mdreyes23 is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood