Upgrading from 501HDV: Vinten VB or Sachtler DSLR/FSB-6? - Page 7 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads

Old June 11th, 2012, 11:14 AM   #91
Major Player

Re: Upgrading from 501HDV: Vinten VB or Sachtler DSLR/FSB-6?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Beckett View Post
I think a picture might paint 1000 words here. My 501HDV just screws down onto the slider carriage, there's nothing to lock it on. Plenty of brut force can be needed!
what picture do you guys need? I also think I found the problem. The Pan lock is not really engage that is why it doesn't work when I try rotating counter clockwise.
I also found this online. "Hi Matt did I already answer this question on youtube? If not, mine does not like to come off either, sounds like your pan lock is not 100% engaged. You might need to adjust your pan lock to engage earlier in the levers swing. Most of the levers on the manfrotto are adjustable if you take them off with an allen key. Maybe you could try to take the lever off with an allen key and see if you can engage it tighter using just the allen key."

How do I take the lever off?
Victor Nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2012, 12:18 AM   #92
Regular Crew

Re: Upgrading from 501HDV: Vinten VB or Sachtler DSLR/FSB-6?

Not sure about the 501HDV discussions / issues here, but I just wanted to announce that I bought a used Vinten Vision Blue floor set yesterday at just 950 USD converted! Tilt friction adjustment knob's a little tight but apart from that and a few dings here and there, I'm absolutely happy! My weekend book-outs from army camp will be so much more fun from now on!

Seen here with the Canon 5D2 and new 40mm f/2.8 Pancake lens!
Attached Thumbnails
Upgrading from 501HDV: Vinten VB or Sachtler DSLR/FSB-6?-529492_10151006736953113_441572217_n.jpeg  
Zexun Tan is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads