Field monitor for Canon XH A1 - Page 7 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software

The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Video Monitors and Media Players for field or studio use (all display technologies).

Old May 2nd, 2010, 03:26 AM   #91
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denys Pyevtsov View Post
Its a HANNS.mini DVB-T Portable TV.
where did you find that "arm" to attach it to your camera? Or something simulair? I'm still looking for a 7inch monitor for my canon XH-A1.
Tom Van den Berghe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2010, 12:11 PM   #92
New Boot

I've been looking at getting one of the Marshall LCD70XP monitors to use with my XH A1S, I'm sure I've read that others on here are using the same type of monitor, however there's one thing that I'm not too sure on (if you'll excuse a 'noobie' type question)

Creative Video Marshall Electronics V-LCD70XP-HDA-CM (VLCD70PHDACM) 7inch on Camera monitor with Composite and Component inputs and Canon Battery Mount

The monitor has component inputs, but looking at the image of the rear panel, it takes a BNC input as opposed to the RCA plug found on the end of the Canon component cable. Do people simply use an RCA>BNC adapter or is there a D-Terminal to BNC cable available anywhere?
Danial Foster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2010, 12:21 PM   #93
Major Player

just use 3 BNC to RCA adapters. You can leave them connected to the monitor and just disconnect the canon component cable from them. It's real easy. I do it all the time. The hassle is more related to dressing the cable itself out of the way for panning and so forth.
That's the world of pro-sumer vs pro....
David Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2010, 12:30 PM   #94
New Boot

I thought that would probably be the case, was just wondering if I was missing something more obvious. Yes I can already see the length of the cable being a bit of a pain - will make for some interesting adventures with cable ties....!

Thanks for that!
Danial Foster is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software