Camera Mounted LCD Monitors - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Video Monitors and Media Players for field or studio use (all display technologies).

Old February 2nd, 2004, 07:24 AM   #31
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

Aw, Ken... you've got me drooling now, but I can't find it (I was just about to send my monitor off to Nebtek...that's why I was looking for their site. But this stick on version sounds better). Tried every search combination I could think of...no luck.

Any other clues you can give? Remember a brand name, model number...anything?
Old February 2nd, 2004, 11:09 AM   #32

It is, indeed, Markertek that's selling this item. It's on the inside cover of their new catalog.

Based on their inventory reference I think it's a Delvcam product. Here are the Markertek references.

For Sony, Panasonic, JVC batteries:
DELV-BPSY -- $84.99

For Canon batteries:
DELV-BPCA -- $84.99

For Anton Bauer Gold Mount batteries:
DELV-ABG -- $144.99

It's basically an L-shaped plate to which the LCD monitor can be screwed. The battery mount is on the back of the plate, and has a power lead that would presumably plug into your monitor's power hole. (On the Pana 7" that would probably plug into the female lead of the multi-function cable.)

Good luck.

Hey, you don't have enough stuff!
Buy with confidence from our sponsors. Hand-picked as the best in the business...Really!

See some of my work one frame at a time: www.KenTanaka.com
Ken Tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2004, 11:25 AM   #33
Major Player

Panasonic 7" conversion

I have the Panasonic 7" on order (it should arrive in a couple of days) and I just found the Nebtek converter. . .what's the turnaround time on sending in the monitor? I would need this by the end of the month (the 27th) would this be enough time?

Also, as far as mounting. . .I can't afford the B/W viewfinder, and the LCD is vastly superior to the color EVF so I was thinking it might be useful to simply remove the entire EVF fitting (since I don't use the on board mic either) and mount the LCD where the EVF usually mounts. Has anyone attempted this? Does anyone sell a mount like this or would I just have to manufacture something like this?
Kevin Dooley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2004, 11:39 AM   #34

Kevin,
Call Nebtek regarding their turn-around. They're a small company so I'm sure it varies.

You can run an XL1s without the viewfinder being attached. You just have to deal with toggling the status / menu displays on the external monitor. Experiment when your monitor arrives.

Buy with confidence from our sponsors. Hand-picked as the best in the business...Really!

Old February 2nd, 2004, 11:54 AM   #35
Major Player

Any thoughts on the new Delvcam (bad name) 5.6" Hi res monitor they're advertising? The price is great and you could do the Canon conversion and a flexible tripod stand for around $300.
Jim Giberti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2004, 06:34 AM   #36

Thanks for scrounging up that information, Ken.

I just stumbled across a surprising new product from Varizoom. Check it out here. It allows you to mount the battery underneath the monitor to prevent the monitor whiplash that I'm sure we've all encountered.
Old February 3rd, 2004, 12:15 PM   #37
NEBTEK

Ok Guys... Here's the deal.

I spoke with the owner of Varizoom last week who wanted to know if NEBTEK wanted to stock his new Li-Power option. I like the bottom mounting design for taking care of the "whiplash effect. However I do find that a 5" monitor does not suffer the way a 7" monitor does (as I'm sure Ken can attest to). The only flaw in the design is that it only handles something like 5200MA. Any BP945 will give you 7200MA which is a little over 25% more power. And I can tell you from experience... you want all the power you can get on set.

Yes, Delvcam has blatantly "knocked off" the NEBTEK Li-Battery Adapter... they also copied the double Hotshoe. What are the differences... far too many for me to list in this forum.

Yes there are many monitors we can add a Lithium-ion Battery (or Pro Box) to, and there also those that we cannot. We never really know until we get a look inside. Unfortunately Varizoom is one that we cannot, so anyone who has one (and wants to keep it) will have to look to them for another powering solution.

Why NEBTEK 5" or 7"?

The NEB50 series uses the top of the line Primeview module to give one of the highest resolutions and brightness' available in any 5" monitor without stepping up to HD. And no you don't need a hood unless your in a desert, on the ocean, or have the sun reflecting directly onto the screen.

The Panasonic TC-7WMS1 really speaks for itself. If we could a manufacture a monitor that offered all the "tweaks" and picture quality of this monitor we would have long ago. Because Panasonic kills us on pricing!
Old February 3rd, 2004, 12:21 PM   #38
NEBTEK

Ooops, forgot this question...
Turnaround time for a Li- Battery Adapter is 24-48 hours from the time we recieve a monitor. If we have previously added a Li-Battery Adapter to any particular brand of monitor (ie. Panasonic), turnaround time would be cut in half. With enough warning I can even get them back out the same day they arrive.
Old February 3rd, 2004, 12:33 PM   #39
Obstreperous Rex

Guys, please allow me to suggest using Nebtek over Delvcam. Nebtek is a smaller company but because of this, it has its advantages. The company rep is right here on this board, whereas the other guys have probably never heard of us. Nebtek is at all the major trade shows, they are accessible, friendly, honest, hard-working -- they are "in the trenches" with the rest of us. Their turn-around is faster, their quality is better. You simply can't go wrong with Nebtek. Hope this helps,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2004, 01:23 PM   #40

For those unaware, Rob is a representative of Nebtek, and a very good one at that!

Old February 3rd, 2004, 01:31 PM   #41
NEBTEK

Mea Culpa... I always forget to identify myself, even though I know half the names on the thread.

Thanks for the compliment Ken, I do my best.

How's the monitor working?
Old February 3rd, 2004, 01:38 PM   #42

My 'Nebteked' Panny 7" is working perfectly, Rob. Not a glitch.

Old February 3rd, 2004, 01:45 PM   #43
NEBTEK

Glad to hear it!
Thank you for referring John. I don't know if we will be able to help him, but I promise I'll do my best. Always need to lend a hand to a fellow Gaijin... Wakaru?
Old February 3rd, 2004, 04:32 PM   #44
Major Player

While we've got Rob here, isn't the Nebtek 5" considerably higher res than the Panny 7", actually twice the pixel count?
Jim Giberti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2004, 04:54 PM   #45
NEBTEK

Hi Jim,
I'm sorry to say that is not the case...
Although the NEB50XL has the best Primeview module* available for a 5" TFT/LCD, non-HD monitor, the Panasonic still has the edge.

The NEB50XL is 960 x 234 with a total of 224,640 pixels.
The Panasonic TC-7WMS1 is 234 vertical x 480 horizontal x 3 with a total of 336,960 pixels.
I have asked the same question to Panasonic that all of you have asked... " What's up with that confusing resolution?" In the 3 years we have been a Panasonic Authorized Reseller I have yet to get an adequate response, but according to the Pixel count Panasonic would have the higher res.

The viewability of the NEB50XL is better (especially off axis) and the anti-glare/anti-reflective coating on the Primeview module makes it better for outdoor work, but the Panasonic offers all the image tweaks imaginable (Hue, Saturation, Color Contrast, Brightness). You can really make the image "POP", as opposed to the Color & Brightness only controls on the NEB50XL.

*Primeview module's are the same ones that were used in the Transvideo Rainbow series monitors.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software