Vegas Video discussions from 2004 (Q1Q2) - Page 72 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Closed Thread

Old April 1st, 2004, 07:42 AM   #1066
Inner Circle

i like my Vegas config the way it is now, it's rock solid and i have no issues.

I think i'll leave it until i finish these next projects and then decide.

it still works as standalone so thats good enough to learn with for now i guess.
Old April 1st, 2004, 07:54 AM   #1067
Regular Crew

Evidently, when you reformatted, there must have been other programs that you did not reinstall that had these fonts associated with them.
Old April 1st, 2004, 08:14 AM   #1068
Sponsor: JET DV

Vegas will use whatever true-type fonts you have on your system. Just locate the fonts you want and install them on your system and Vegas will see them automatically.
Old April 1st, 2004, 10:06 AM   #1069
Major Player

Re-Rendering Question?

I have two prevously rendered MPEG2 clips and want to join them in Vegas.
If I put the two clips end to end in the timeline with no transistions and re-render to MPEG2, will I lose quality?
Old April 1st, 2004, 12:00 PM   #1070

Yes you will. Every frame will be de-compressed and then re-compressed. Either revert back to the original AVI and re-render OR use some other program that can join MPEG files (such as TMPGenc)
Old April 1st, 2004, 01:29 PM   #1071
Trustee

Okay

In other words, if I install a word processing program like Microsoft Word, Vegas will borrow the fonts from that program? I understand what you are saying but there have been times that I have installed Vegas on prior times without any other word processing programs and I still had no fonts missing like now. What programs besides word processors does Vegas get it's fonts from?
Old April 1st, 2004, 01:50 PM   #1072

ANY program that installs fonts. Go to Start - Control Panel and look at the Fonts section. THOSE are the fonts on your system. What installed any particular font? Some program you installed. No way we can know WHICH program.

Vegas will happily use any font on your system - no matter where it came from. So, yes, if you install a word processor and it installs fonts, those fonts will then be available in Vegas.

You can also download true-type fonts from the web and install them. They will also be made available in Vegas.

Any particular font you're missing?
Old April 1st, 2004, 01:59 PM   #1073
Trustee

Missing Fonts

I know for a fact I am missing Batavia and Stencil.
Old April 1st, 2004, 02:16 PM   #1074
Regular Crew

If you google the font names with the words download, font, etc., you will find different download sites for them. Just download the file and then drop the ttf file(s) in your Windows/Fonts folder. I found Batavia in about a 1/2 second with google. Use this search string "download batavia font" and choose a site. Try the same with the stencil font.
Old April 1st, 2004, 03:29 PM   #1075
Regular Crew

Restoring PreSets

Hi Guys!

This maybe just Newbie Ignorance, with a simple fix, but it's frustrating the hell out of me.

I put a border (The Translucent Blue One) on, and must have clicked on something bgy mistake, and now it's solid. How do I restore the preset to it's original parameters?

Cheers,

Andy
Old April 1st, 2004, 03:44 PM   #1076
Trustee

Strange thing...

What's peculiar is that stencil and batavia should be in my fonts folder through Windows XP. Why in the world did Vegas not pick it up?
Old April 1st, 2004, 04:17 PM   #1077

Those are NOT standard Windows fonts. Some program you installed in the past (but didn't install this time) had to have added them.

Do as Todd suggested and just download them from the internet.
Old April 1st, 2004, 04:18 PM   #1078

Set all the settings the way the were originally and then hit save?

Uninstall/reinstall?
Old April 1st, 2004, 04:25 PM   #1079
Regular Crew

Thanks Edward.

That's my problem, I can't remember the settings! Also, I vaguely remember try to save over a preset and not being allowed to by the program.

Uninstall / Re-install? I was hoping to avoid that.

Maybe I'll save that for when I try the .NET Framework.

btw do you ever sleep? :)

btw part II I've tried a few things with saving stills from Video, following the links I've got from hints in this forum, and I've come to the conclusion that the help I get from the people on this forum is nearly as amazing as the program itself.

A heart felt thanks for saving me time and frustration.

Andy
Old April 1st, 2004, 05:48 PM   #1080
Inner Circle

<btw do you ever sleep? >

Andy, you will find that those of us from the great state of Illinois, home to Abe Lincoln, the Stockyards, Sears Tower, O'Hare airport, the transportation hub of the US, the middle of the country, the home to so many dishonest politicians, where in 1968 the first Mayor Daley decreed 'If you can't join 'em, beat em'.... wait, I forgot what I was going to say. Oh yeah, naw, we never sleep, it too noisy what with all the planes trains automobiles and politicians filling the stratosphere with hot air!

Don B.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...