Vegas Video discussions from 2004 (Q1Q2) - Page 76 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Closed Thread

Old April 5th, 2004, 02:33 PM   #1126
Major Player

Grab a frame and put into Photoshop?
Old April 5th, 2004, 02:47 PM   #1127
Slash Rules!

No audio on capture

Ok, so recently I had a hard drive die, had to get a new one, install it and reinstall windows XP Pro and Vegas 4. Just tried to capture something, only to find out the audio wasn't capturing. I have "capture audio" checked under the capture preferences, and I know there's audio on the tape. When I look at the clip in the vegas timeline, there's nothing--no audio, no waveform, zip. Any ideas what's wrong?
Old April 5th, 2004, 02:56 PM   #1128
Air China Pilot

What kind of animation?
Old April 5th, 2004, 03:08 PM   #1129
Sponsor: JET DV

How are you capturing? Via firewire? Or Analog?

Does it work with some other program? (such as Scenalyzer...)
Old April 5th, 2004, 03:09 PM   #1130

I don't understand exactly what you're looking for. However, it should just be a matter of placing keyframes at the proper locations and adjusting the position of the frame using Pan/Crop or Track Motion at those points.
Old April 5th, 2004, 03:25 PM   #1131
Regular Crew

Ok I have a clip that is about 15-20 frames 5-6 seconds (not sure as I am not home) of 5 buildings. I have seen it in music videos where the buildings then begin to dance to the soundtrack.
This is what I am trying to achieve.

The photoshop idea is what I thought about first. Making these frames a .jpg sequence, importing into Photoshop and then....
I am not sure from here and I also wanted to try it in Vegas.

I also don't want the entire frame/image to move, just 2 or 3 buildings out of the 5 that are in the image.

So if you have a picture of 5 buildings and wanted to animate/dance/bounce/move only 3 of them while the other 2 in the pic were still, how would this be accomplished.

thanks for the help...
Old April 5th, 2004, 03:32 PM   #1132
Air China Pilot

You can a simple static animation where the buildings themselves will not change but their position does change.

However, to make it really good, you would probably want the buildings to also stretch and change shape as they bounce.

This would be easy to do in a 3D program where you map the texture of the buildings to an object and then deform it.
Old April 5th, 2004, 04:03 PM   #1133
Slash Rules!

Firewire. I don't have any other capture programs. I always use the Vegas capture utility.

I just tried another tape, and got audio off of that one. So it must be this particular tape? I can hear the audio when I plug headphones into the camera during playback. . .I don't get it. I can see the audio registering on the camera's (XL1s) VU meters.

This isn't raw footage that I taped, that I'm trying to capture. It's a copy of a short film I shot. I believe it was created in Premiere, though I don't have any idea what settings were used.

Also tried windows movie maker to capture, with the same audio-less results.
Old April 5th, 2004, 05:01 PM   #1134
Wrangler

Rebuilding Peaks?

Why is it sometimes when I open up a project it has to rebuild my peaks for every instance on the timeline?

I created a project, moved some media on to the timeline saved it and that's that. I go to re-open the project about a week later and it immedatly begins to reload all the peaks as if it never did it the first time- which it DID. I even opened up windows explorer as it was building the 20'some peaks just to make sure I wasn't imagining things and that I had indeed built the peaks previously which I HAVE. All the SFK files were there but were being replaced with new ones. WHY?!
Old April 5th, 2004, 05:42 PM   #1135
Major Player

I've heard that everytime the time changes Vegas rebuilds the peaks on projects you open. There is a post about it over at the Sony Vegas forum.

http://mediasoftware.sonypictures.com/forums/ShowMessage.asp?MessageID=267299&Replies=7&Page=3
Old April 5th, 2004, 06:29 PM   #1136
Wrangler

Wow- thanks for the info Rob. Odd isn't it?!
Old April 5th, 2004, 06:40 PM   #1137
New Boot

My Second Video in Vegas - Courage

http://homepage.mac.com/slackpacker/...Theater11.html

This is my second video edited in Vegas. I did it as a tribute to a friend of mine who is walking the Appalachian trail for 6 months right now.

I used Livetype on the Mac to do the titles, Imported them in quicktime to Vegas. Did a key and the rest of the video was done with Vegas.

Please take the time to Tell me what you think of it. I'm wondering if I have the talent to do this full time....

Regards

Chris Hendrick
Vegas Fan
Old April 5th, 2004, 07:20 PM   #1138

Any chance the audio is actually on stereo 2?

How about downloading Scenalyzer and seeing how it works? You can test with it without purchasing. (It just periodically adds watermarks)
Old April 5th, 2004, 07:24 PM   #1139

Yeah, it seems to be related the fact that we lost an hour Sunday. Sony explained it last fall - some really obscure problem with the way Windows handles dates.
Old April 5th, 2004, 09:16 PM   #1140
Slash Rules!

Hmmm. . .'tis possible. From whence do I download scenealyzer?
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...