Vegas Video discussions from 2005 (Q1Q2) - Page 124 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Closed Thread

Old June 14th, 2005, 10:08 AM   #1846
Sponsor: JET DV

You might also want to take a look at Vol 2 #9 of my newsletter where I discuss using the Credit Roll media generator.
Old June 14th, 2005, 11:37 AM   #1847
Trustee

Thanks, Ed!

I will do both. When you say "insert", do you mean the "INS" key that also functions as the numeral "0" at the right hand side of the keyboard or is it the "Insert" key to the left of the "Home" key?
Old June 14th, 2005, 11:46 AM   #1848

I was talking about the one to the left of the Home key although the 0 on the numpad may also work *IF* num-lock is turned off. On my keyboards it reads "Insert" but on some keyboards it could, indeed, read "INS".
Old June 15th, 2005, 03:20 AM   #1849
Regular Crew

DVD Architect and Slideshows!

Hi, hopefully one of you guys can help me with a problem I am having.

I am using DVD Architect V.1 to create a slideshow of digital stills, set to background audio.

However, when I play back the created DVD, it will only display 99 pictures before returning to the menu screen.

I am therefore assuming that DVD Architect V.1 only has a capacity to display 99 images.

Therefore does anybody know a way around this as I have approx 690 images to display, and would like them in one slideshow on one DVD.

Thanks guys!
Old June 15th, 2005, 04:47 AM   #1850
Regular Crew

fisheye effects

I am in the middle of a project at the moment and the Director/Writer has asked me for a fisheye effect for a certain scene. I use a Canon XL2 and at the moment I am financially nowhere near ebing able to afford an adapter to create a 'fisheye' look.

I have found various ways of "recreating" the look digitally in Vegas 6 but I was wondering if any of you have done this before, and if so, how did you go about it?

Owen
Old June 15th, 2005, 06:07 AM   #1851
Regular Crew

Why don't you throw them onto the timeline in Vegas first? You can set it to automatically overlap fade each picture as well as set the time each picture is shown. You can also use the trackmotion/key framing to do Ken Burn type effects.

pdx10, EOS10D
Old June 15th, 2005, 06:33 AM   #1852
Regular Crew

Hi Steve, it occurred to me afterwards that it may be easier to do it that way, but I have spent hours compiling hundreds of photos in chronological order from various people's cameras in DVD Architect and was hoping I could find a way of not having to do that again on the Vegas timeline. Is there a way of transferring the order of images from the Architect slideshow properties onto the Vegas timeline?
Old June 15th, 2005, 07:00 AM   #1853
Regular Crew

Try Panopticum Lens 3.0 for Vegas 4 (yes, for V4, but this plug-in work property in V5 & V6 too, just for registring drag-and-drop plug-in *.dll file in to Vegas window)
Old June 15th, 2005, 07:14 AM   #1854
Major Player

Animating a bezier mask

Is there a way to animate a Bezier mask in Vegas 5, other then redrawing it for every frame?

I want to try to create a fake DoF effect but I cannot seem to animate the mask correctly. It would make sense to be able to just move the anchor points around but Vegas doesn't allow me to do that. Does anyone have a better solution then just redrawing every frame?

Thanks.
Old June 15th, 2005, 07:16 AM   #1855
Inner Circle

Try:
Right click the point. Select just that point and move it.

Or deselect all the points by clicking away. Click on one point.

Vegas can animate bezier masks.
Old June 15th, 2005, 07:44 AM   #1856

Yes, your best bet is to load them all on the Vegas timeline, use a script to add some movement to the images, and the render that for the DVD. Both Excalibur and Ultimate S can automate the process of zooming and panning the images.
Old June 15th, 2005, 07:52 AM   #1857

How about the Spherize effect?
Old June 15th, 2005, 08:09 AM   #1858
Regular Crew

If you want to move an individual mask, you just use the 3D track motion. Yo can move it closer or farther (by changing z values in the keyframe) to appear to change DoF. An example of moving many bezier masks is here:

http://www.ibms.sinica.edu.tw/%7Esr...al%20puzzle.wmv

pdx10, EOS10D
Old June 15th, 2005, 08:18 AM   #1859
Regular Crew

yes, thats what i was using edward, but it was very 'digital'.

that panopticum lens plug-in was good, but it looks like its render time rules out any possibility of using it. But its a good back up.

Anymore suggestions?!
Old June 15th, 2005, 08:22 AM   #1860

Excalibur 4 Multi-Cam update

For all users of Excalibur 4, Vegas 6b has added a new ability that allows switching cameras to be done without stopping playback of the timeline. After weeks of testing, I am now ready to allow anyone using Excalibur 4 and Vegas 6b to use this new functionality.

Download the following file:
http://www.jetdv.com/scripts/ExVegasUtils.dll

This file should be copied to the Vegas 6.0\Script Menu\Excalibur4 folder and will replace an existing file. Once this file has been replaced, you will no longer need to stop the timeline playback to switch cameras. There WILL be a slight pause as the camera switches but playback will automatically continue.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...