Vegas Video discussions from 2005 (Q1Q2) - Page 123 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Closed Thread

Old June 13th, 2005, 08:01 AM   #1831
Regular Crew

yea... I want to change pitch over time...
version 6.
I mean, I can do it in audio editing program like, but then every time I change cuts (and timing) in my project, I need to go back in audio program and do a pitch, export file, blabla, which will be very annoying. I hope there is a way I can do it directly in Vegas.
Old June 13th, 2005, 08:07 AM   #1832
Regular Crew

I just scaled the text to zero on the text properties in the video media generator and then keyed it back to a scale of 1 after several seconds.

pdx10, EOS10D
Old June 13th, 2005, 08:21 AM   #1833
Sponsor: JET DV

Try this instead:

Leave the Generated Media at 1 (i.e. full size).

Scale the text using Track Motion instead (first keyframe shrunk down, last keyframe full size).
Old June 13th, 2005, 09:37 AM   #1834
Regular Crew

Thanks Edward, much smoother that way.

pdx10, EOS10D
Old June 13th, 2005, 11:13 AM   #1835
Regular Crew

Thanks Newdjeen,

Your solution didn't work, so I suspect the firewire cable itself. I hope its just the cable that went bad. If not, I guess I'll have to take some other drastic measure.
Old June 13th, 2005, 05:07 PM   #1836
Major Player

I have an issue with Vegas 4.0 and my vx2000 camera. When I plug in the firewire cable into the camera, I get the "ding-dong" as windows recognizes a device plugged in, but the capture application does not see the camera. I have a second camera, thank the Lord, and it is recognized no problem on connection, so it's not software or cable issues. Armatos diagnosed it over the phone as a probable issue with the camera's firewire circuitry. They said it would be easy for them to determine in their shop if it was an easy or expensive fix. I'm now waiting for a few weeks' block of time when I can do without the camera so I can send it to them. The last time I sent a camera to Sony to fix a headphone jack, it was a llllleeeennnnnggggttthhhhyyy nightmare. It may have been them that fried the firewire circuit out of spite. I'm hoping that trying Armatos will be much better.
Old June 13th, 2005, 09:52 PM   #1837
Regular Crew

Hey Neil, did you solve this problem? I'm asking because it looks like I'll have a project very similar ... Thanks!

Cheers,

-Matt

a pixel a day keeps boredom at bay
Old June 13th, 2005, 10:33 PM   #1838
Inner Circle

the DVX is a tricky lil bastard to set up with vegas..
Vegas natively does NOT initiate an aspect ratio based on ur project.. u can have a variety of aspects within the project...

in fact with teh DVX, it will give u the vertical black bars as the DVX does not tag its 16:9 footage as such. even when squeeze is on..
So Vegas doesnt see a 16:9 tag/aspect and only sees 4:3, coz thats what the DVX is giving it..

u must change the aspect ratio within the media manager or within the clip itself as well as the project properties.. (theres a script to speed this process)

then when rendering make sure "do not letterbox' is NOT ticked.. u want it strecthed and metatagged as 16:9 (vegas will do this)
Old June 14th, 2005, 03:02 AM   #1839
RED Code Chef

That's no reason to abort a download. Download is NOT the same as installing.
However you should be fine. These are minor updates to fix bugs etc. It is
not like going from 2 -> 3 (which is a major update, but should also work).

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Old June 14th, 2005, 08:09 AM   #1840
Regular Crew

Inserting time and having markers move too?

Hi,

Is there a way to insert time and also have the markers move with the tracks? I've tried with auto-ripple on but that doesn't do it. I have a note that I saw it work once but haven't been able to figure out what I did.

Thanks,

Tony
Old June 14th, 2005, 08:14 AM   #1841

Make sure you're using the correct MODE of auto ripple. It works three different ways. Click the drop-down arrow beside the button and make sure it is set to affect EVERYTHING (the third option).
Old June 14th, 2005, 08:28 AM   #1842
Regular Crew

Hi Edward, yes, it is but still the markers stay where they are. This does work when I'm deleting time but not when I'm inserting time - at least not today :)

It seems to be intermittent because I have seen it work on occasion.

Tony
Old June 14th, 2005, 08:33 AM   #1843
Regular Crew

Ah, I just made it work - the trick was to deselect the 3rd auto-ripple option by selecting one of the other options and then re-selecting the 3rd option again. After that it worked.

Tony
Old June 14th, 2005, 09:22 AM   #1844
Trustee

Crawling Title Question

How do I insert additional title(s) between two already existing titles during a title crawl sequence? The person for whom I'm editing keeps asking me to add this title and add that credit which forces me to have to re-do all the end credits because I cannot figure out how to add a new title inbetween two existing credits.

Help!
Old June 14th, 2005, 10:03 AM   #1845

Click on the header square to the left of where you want the title inserted to select that entire line. Press the "Insert" key on your keyboard.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...