Credit roll with vms 10hd platinum - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old December 9th, 2010, 12:17 PM   #16
Inner Circle

7-Zip is a free utility that I've been using for a long time now to unzip zipped files.
Mike Kujbida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2010, 12:33 PM   #17
Major Player

A+ same here
Bruce Phung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2010, 02:30 PM   #18
Sponsor: JET DV

Gee... I just use "Windows" to open Zip files... They open just like a folder.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2010, 03:26 PM   #19
Regular Crew

Personally, I use PeaZip, I found it significantly faster at opening (curiously enough) even .7z files...

But, Roy, as Edward points out, you should just be able to double click on the .zip file and a new file explorer window will open up. Drag the .vf file somewhere convenient, then open that up in Vegas.
Old December 9th, 2010, 03:52 PM   #20
Major Player

As posted

SORRY AGAIN. The zip file does not appear anywhere. When I click onto the file shown in Craig's posting the download panel appears and I do everything it says and when it tries to open in VMS9 a message says error and unsupported format. I have windows XP Pro. I should tell you that in all my years of computing I have never received a Zip file and so have never opened one so I could be doing something wrong.
According to internet information about Windows XP and zip files, I says I should double click onto an icon showing a closed zip on a yellow background, but as I have said this icon is nowhere to be seen.
Roy Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2010, 04:06 PM   #21
Major Player

Gentlemen all. I have found the zip icon but when I double click on it as instructed, the wizard does not appear so I can not extract any files. It just tries to open in VMS 9 as I explained in my last post.
Old December 9th, 2010, 04:19 PM   #22
Inner Circle

If the .vf file is on your desktop as well as the icon for VMS10, drag and drop the .vf file on top of your VMS10 icon.
Old December 9th, 2010, 04:46 PM   #23
Major Player

Mike. I have just dropped the Zip Icon onto the VMS 10 icon. This time a message says there is an error and the file is probally corrupted or an unknown format. Roy
Old December 9th, 2010, 04:54 PM   #24
Regular Crew

Cant rly contribute to the thread sorry.

But i have to get one question solved.

Is it a problem if i do change Vegas properties to the whole project many times during the edit. I mean, if i had it to 1920/1080 at begining and latter on in the project decided to change project settings to 1280/720 then edit some more and later change it back to the 1920/1080( i change them to do many different test renders) can it do any harm to my footage? Resize it in any way what not.
Gustavs Repse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2010, 06:09 PM   #25
Regular Crew

Everything you do in Vegas is non-destructive; in other words, it doesn't change anything in the source files.

You can change whatever you want as many times as you want, and the source files are completely unaffected.

However, this sort of thing is really more appropriate in a new thread. Dumping a completely unrelated Q into a thread rarely produces any constructive result.
Old December 9th, 2010, 06:58 PM   #26
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Alexander View Post
Mike. I have just dropped the Zip Icon onto the VMS 10 icon. This time a message says there is an error and the file is probally corrupted or an unknown format. Roy
It has to be unzipped first and then dropped onto the VMS icon.
In theory, all you have to do is double-click the credit-roll.zip file.
Once you do that, a new folder opens up and inside of it is credit-roll.vf
This is the file that you drop on the VMS icon.
Old December 10th, 2010, 03:12 AM   #27
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Longman View Post
Everything you do in Vegas is non-destructive; in other words, it doesn't change anything in the source files.

You can change whatever you want as many times as you want, and the source files are completely unaffected.

However, this sort of thing is really more appropriate in a new thread. Dumping a completely unrelated Q into a thread rarely produces any constructive result.
Thank you.

Yes, ur kinda right. But i'd feel guilty to make a new thread for such a simple question where there is no discusion reuired. Waste of space it seems.
Gustavs Repse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2010, 04:04 AM   #28
Major Player

I have to give up on un zipping the file. Nothing works for me, on my last attempt the wizard appeared and I clicked on extract all files, the following message said it had done that, but the result was still the same message that an error had occured and the file was probbally corrupted. My friend also had the same result. so I give up, regrettably. Roy

Last edited by Roy Alexander; December 10th, 2010 at 07:28 AM.
Old December 10th, 2010, 07:56 AM   #29
Sponsor: JET DV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavs Repse View Post
Is it a problem if i do change Vegas properties to the whole project many times during the edit. I mean, if i had it to 1920/1080 at begining and latter on in the project decided to change project settings to 1280/720 then edit some more and later change it back to the 1920/1080( i change them to do many different test renders) can it do any harm to my footage? Resize it in any way what not.
It's not necessarily a problem but any new text WILL be added at the current resolution and, if you change resolutions, the text may no longer be positioned/sized as they were previously. And if you add titles while set to many different resolutions, multiple titles will be set differently. I always set my properties to the target resolution and then add all my titles at that setting.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2010, 01:41 PM   #30
Regular Crew

Wot, now il know :)

Thx
Gustavs Repse is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...