Helping Hands from 2005 - Page 56 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old December 11th, 2005, 10:17 PM   #826
Major Player

[oops]

Thanks for the class. :)
Old December 12th, 2005, 01:48 PM   #827
Major Player

I'm surprised that the folks at PixelFarm don't have some examples with the software.
I use MatchMover Pro and that came with a few tracking examples.
Can't remember if Boujou did, but that's better for non greenscreen tracks.

Tim Dobbert's book on Matchmoving comes with some one or two bluescreen clips for tracking practice.

I'll dig around my files to see if there's anything not covered by NDA that I can share.

Good luck.
Old December 13th, 2005, 04:46 PM   #828
New Boot

I've used this person for 8mm to DV. I believe he does 16mm as well. Ari Weisberg. 416-781-5527.

Regards, Myron
Old December 13th, 2005, 05:24 PM   #829
Hawaiian Shirt Mogul

what $$ figure do you consider to be cheap ?

16mm telecined to dv looks good ..BUT you shot 16 !! why not give it some depth !!! there must be a place up your way that will do digibeta type transfer to hard drive or HD to hard drive or if you don't mind HDV??
Old December 13th, 2005, 06:09 PM   #830
Regular Crew

check out the OMDC's (Ontario Media Development Corp.) website at www.omdc.on.ca and click on their production guide. Most post houses are listed in there as well as freelancers. Another source would be www.playbackmag.com , they have Canada wide listings.
Old December 13th, 2005, 11:22 PM   #831
Major Player

Need Intern/Assistant in Raleigh, NC

If anyone lives in Raleigh and is just starting out and wants some good experience, let me know and mention you heard it from DVi! I'm looking for some help in the new year. Don't post here...email me via profile. Thanks. Kevin

-----

Video Production Assistant Needed

Need someone who is ambitious and wants to learn a lot about video production and editing. This will be a 30 hours per week internship for 3 months as a trial period (with negotiable pay depending on experience/knowledge/etc.) that will hopefully turn into a full-time paid position. This company specializes in mostly corporate video, but is branching into more entertainment-based media. Located in North Raleigh.

Basic knowledge of editing and shooting required using Mac-based software including Final Cut Pro, DVD Studio Pro, Photoshop, After Effects, etc. Intern/employee will be responsible for loading footage, basic editing, basic DV and HD shooting with Canon cameras and various office organization. An interest or skill in marketing/sales assistance OR a knowledge of multimedia design is a great bonus.

Ambition and enthusiasm are the main qualities I am looking for. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to work hard, learn a lot and have access to great equipment and educational resources.

Work period begins early January. Send resume and letter of why you want this job/internship via email. Thanks!
Old December 14th, 2005, 10:43 PM   #832
Regular Crew

Things got reschedualed and recasted, im still looking!
Old December 15th, 2005, 08:59 AM   #833
Regular Crew

Telecine

Remember the rule of video production; Good, Fast, Cheap ... Pick two.
Since a Telecine suite starts at about $250k then generally are not cheap, however they are fast & good, especially in Toronto.
I don't remember how many have 16mm gates, but probably most of them.
The big boys are, Deluxe, Eyes Post Group, Command Post & Transfer, D.A.V.E, Casablanca Magnetic North. There are probably a few I have missed of have merged in the past couple of years, but these are the big boys.
Depending on the quality of the original footage you can probably order a one light transfer and get good results and colour correct in post. If the footage needs some TLC then things get more expensive.
Good Luck.

TwoBit Digital Inc.
Video and Computer Geek
P4 3.06GHz, 2GB RAM, Matrox RT.x100, dual head display
Old December 16th, 2005, 10:38 AM   #834
Major Player

Vegas Color Correction

Anyone live within an hour or so of Cincinnati Ohio who I can pay by the hour to go over color correction in Vegas? If so, please email

Jon@trulux.com

Thanks,

Jon
Old December 17th, 2005, 11:57 PM   #835
Trustee

Kathy. One suggestion that might help you add business. If you could get a simple tape deck or two so you could transfer Super 8 to DVCam, DV or DVCPro, I would think you might get more people here excited.

My wife just bought a Canon 814 Auto Zoom Super 8 for me for Christmas and I plan on putting a few rolls through it right away. I will be wanting them dubbed to tape for editing in my Avid at 24 frames.

If you picked up even a Sony DSR-11 deck, you could offer DVCam and DV/MiniDV video dubs. They run about $1700 or so new. DVCPro would be another good option but they are a bit more and only record the one, DVCPro format.

You will have to let us know what the method is you use to transfer to DVD/tape. Most of us would love to see frame scanning rather than simply a camera shooting a projection screen.

Keep in touch,

Sean McHenry

http://www.DeepBlueEdit.com
Old December 18th, 2005, 06:50 AM   #836
Inner Circle

Sean,
Don't pass up the chance to shoot vision 200 negative stock. Drop by Pro 8
http://pro8mm.com/Merchant2/merchant...tegory_Code=PF

to see what's available.
Old December 19th, 2005, 08:27 AM   #837
Major Player

dvx100

Can anyone in the london area hire me a dvx100a for a day?
Old December 20th, 2005, 12:06 AM   #838
Trustee

Potential music video help this spring

This isn't quite in the bag yet but I think I am going to get permission from a goth band to do a short video for them. I may shoot Super 8mm film but I may also go DVCam or AG-DVX100. Not sure yet on the format but, I have created a web page in a plea for help on this monster.

The musical piece is long for a typical MTV piece so I don't know that it would even get airtime anyplace. It's too good to chop up and I just plain like it like it is. It's 6.5 minutes long.

You can read all the details here:
http://www.surgetechservices.com/smc...ffertorium.htm

If anyone has anything they want to mention or services they would like to donate in the central Ohio area, I'll probably be game. Planning to get to work when the weather lightens up. No firm schedule yet. Too much up in the air at this point.

This is a pet project, not a paid one. I want to help get these guys some exposure as well as do a great job I can point to later in life. A portfolio/experience builder.

I will update the page as time goes by and we get closer to doing something with this.

Thanks everyone, enjoy the music. Wait till you see where they are from.

Sean McHenry

Old December 20th, 2005, 12:18 AM   #839
Trustee

Thanks

Thanks Richard. Someone dropped off a roll of Tri-X and Kodachrome 40 (refrigerated) for me to play with when my wife let's me have it Christmas morning. I'm pretty excited.

Check out this thread I just started. I know several guys still shooting Super 8mm here in town so I will be learning from them for a while.

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthrea...846#post397846

Sean

Old December 23rd, 2005, 12:05 AM   #840
Regular Crew

How much to offer for a 1 day shoot

I'm looking to find someone with a DVX100
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands