Helping Hands from 2005 - Page 6 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old January 23rd, 2005, 12:47 PM   #76
Regular Crew

Making DVD for graduating class

Hello,
I thought I'd share with everyone an idea I'm doing in my hometown that I think others could do and make some money with. I am making a DVD for the graduating class for the high school I myself graduated from. I have made a list of questions (What was your fav subject, fav teacher, best moment, where do you want to be in 10 years, what are your immediate plans etc etc) and will be interviewing every senior over lunch time for a week. They will also have 2 minutes to say whatever they want. Then each student can fill out a form picking 20 friends or people they want to be in their personalized dvd. It is like a video yearbook. I also will be purchasing some videos that the school video club made (such as a year end video) and sprucing up the dvd with that. I will be charging 15 dollars for the basic dvd and 20 picks of friends, and each individual person after that will be 0.25 cents. If you like the idea feel free to use it, and do it however you want! That's just how I am doing and the kids are very interested. I think I will sell one to almost every student. Hope someone else makes use of this too!
Old January 23rd, 2005, 07:49 PM   #77
Major Player

Watch out for copyrights on any borrowed footage. Let us know how many hours you put into this , how many DVDs you sell, and how much you make after expenses.
Old January 24th, 2005, 08:11 AM   #78
New Boot

HMMMM, thats a good idea!

I had thought about doing a video yearbook for schools which would have required shooting at many, many events (proms, games, etc.). In the end I was too busy to put in all of that work. This idea seems much better and easier!
Old January 24th, 2005, 09:44 AM   #79
Regular Crew

Copyrights

Lol, I highly doubt I'll run into copyright trouble. What I meant was I'll use the little videos the high school kids made for pep rallys and stuff, and then just give them some money so they can buy new software, tapes etc, for their video club just as a thanks. And I will keep you guys posted on how it plays out
Old January 24th, 2005, 03:31 PM   #80
Major Player

Senior Editor FCP/AE Duluth GA

You didnt hear this from me.
DO NOT COPY my posting , and please dont quote me as a source for this.

We are looking for an Experienced (5 yrs) editor to operate our FCP Mac system with Cinewave, uncompressed video from BetaSP, After Effects, Motion, you name it. We are a corporation that does live shows once a week, road shows (edit video for last night- you know the drill) and promotional campaigns. Your creativity will undoubtedly butt heads with corporate conservatism- so be able to handle these politics.

The company is called Primerica, and we are located in Duluth, Georgia. Its a notheast suburb of Atlanta. Great place to live and work.

I have nothing to do with the hiring. If you are interested in the position and learning more about it, you can call and ask for our Human Resources office through our main number:
770-381-1000

Please say you heard this from a friend at the main office - or something like that.
Good luck guys,

Jeff P
Old January 24th, 2005, 03:44 PM   #81
Regular Crew

Death Security guard wanted!!!

Hello everyone,

I'm a director from Quebec, Canada and I'm searching for clip in american film of security guard that is getting killed. For now, I found

Die Hard
Matrix
Terminator
Alone in the dark
The incredible melting man
Hulk

but it is not enough...If you remember having seen these workers dying on a american film, just let me know and I'll go to rent it. I'm gonna need some of these clips for my next short film.

Regards,

Guillaume
Old January 24th, 2005, 03:47 PM   #82
Air China Pilot

Heat
The Fly 2
Die Hard 3
Old January 24th, 2005, 03:53 PM   #83
New Boot

Home Video Studio....

Hi Guys,

I saw an AD for Home Video Studio in a magazine and decided to check it out. I went to the their website and had a look around. Does anybody know what this busines is about? I think you invest and they give you eqiupment. From the website the investment looks to be a 99 thousand dollars. I'm not even close to investing 99 thousand dollars. Have you guys seen this? Heard of it? Checked it out? thanks for the input, just curious.
http://www.homevideostudio.com/started.htm

here is the link.
Old January 24th, 2005, 03:55 PM   #84
Wrangler

Re: Death Security guard wanted!!!

<<<-- Originally posted by Guillaume Tremblay : I'm gonna need some of these clips for my next short film. -->>>

How do you intend to get permission to use these clips in your film?
Old January 24th, 2005, 04:06 PM   #85
Major Player

I did not look at this one, but they are all ripoffs. The big thing in any business is finding clients, and I have yet to see a successful photo or video franchise. There are many paths ot getting into a video business, but that is not one of them.
Old January 24th, 2005, 04:18 PM   #86
Major Player

The only thing this disgusting web site was missing were the ACTUAL words SCAM written on it! It wreaks of a scam. All they are interested in is making money, they even say that several times. The only thing this site and the companies it creates are going to do is give Videographers and small video companies a bad name.

RUN AWAY!

I don't know of one single person who got into this business because it was easy and paid a fortune.
Old January 24th, 2005, 07:17 PM   #87
Regular Crew

I intend to make a deal with only one major. It may be Warner Bros, Fox, MGM, anybody, the one that have more death security guard. I called them and they told me that they can make a package deal for $10 000.
Old January 24th, 2005, 07:37 PM   #88
New Boot

I saw a video that was from a seminar that they put on. Lets just say it was not professional.
Old January 24th, 2005, 10:15 PM   #89
Major Player

WTF...over?

<<<From the website: Robert’s vision for HVSI was born from experience in film and video production. He has been involved in every aspect of the industry as a writer, producer, director, technician, cinematographer, and editor.>>>

Seems to me like the guy can't keep a job!

Here's another little gem: <<<He shot on both coasts on 16mm, 35mm, Panavision™, and ć” and Betacam™ video.>>>

Both coasts...HOLY MACKEREL! I wonder why he's avoided the middle of the country?

I guess they don't know that 35mm and Panavision are the same things! Panavision just happens to be a different camera system like Arriflex or MovieCam. And let's not forget "Betacam video"...is there any other BetaCam that I am not aware of?

I also like the fact that they are all holding and surrounded by an award that he named after himself!

If you can't dazzle them with your brilliance, baffle them with your bullsh*t!

Jeesh!

RB
Old January 24th, 2005, 10:25 PM   #90
Major Player

But wait...there's more!

<<<As proof that his system works for him, Robert participates in many non-business related activities: playing bass guitar in his church ensemble; vacationing with his family several times a year; and enjoying one of his favorite hobbies – cooking! He is an avid reader and, of course, a film buff. He collects classic sheet music, especially from movies and TV shows. Robert and his wife, Denise, spend hours and hours perusing local antique malls. They enjoy exploring wineries and, of course, sampling fine wine. Both are involved in serious physical fitness activities as well. Robert, for example, continues to pursue his black belt in Tae Kwon Do. Denise plays plenty of tennis. >>>

That's it dude, I'm in, I'm signing up, where do I send the check?! I want to play tennis, go antiquing and kick the hell out of someone with my karate skills if they don't give me a good price!

Let's not forget playing the bass guitar in church while sampling fine wines!

This program is niftier than a dog with two d*cks!

RB
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands