Helping Hands from 2005 - Page 11 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old February 6th, 2005, 07:18 AM   #151
Regular Crew

I live in Paris.

I've been living in Paris for the past 4 years. Never got a gig on a french film or been hired by a French company. Maybe it's because I'm American. Maybe it's because I'm not white. Who knows.

I'm always the one hiring people, otherwise, I'd just be sitting at home. The French are always ready to take money from me.

http://advaloreminternational.com
Old February 6th, 2005, 07:26 AM   #152
Regular Crew

Need FCP Editor in Paris

I am looking for an editor in Paris to edit an hour-long extreme sports video.

The video is one hour of eye candy set to music. I'm looking for an editor with a stylish, hip and out-of-the-box way of working extreme sports imagery and graphics. It's probably better if you've never worked with extreme sports imagery. I prefer someone who's had more experience with music videos or commercials.

This is a paying gig.

http://advaloreminternational.com
Old February 7th, 2005, 11:04 AM   #153
Major Player

and now for something completely different (or so I hope)-Dec Balt Wed., need shooter

Hello!

I'm getting married Dec. 2, 2005 and I'm looking for a videographer/cam operator for the wedding. Wedding videographer experience is helpful but anyone who can shoot a good documentary is preferred. My fiancé and I would like to shoot a Christopher Guest style wedding mockumentary to ultimately edit into a (personal - friends and family) short film. No editing required, gear is supplied (HD1/HD10 - I'd like to have the 720p inspite of some of the cameras disadvantages). I'll be doing a lot of prep shooting so basically I'm looking for someone to continue with the camera while I'm doing the whole 'getting married' bit. The wedding is still roughly 10 months away so details are being worked out. Probably 4-6 hours, paying gig ($, food, etc), transportation can be worked out to/from, but pref. someone in the Balt/DC/Annap. area.

Email me at patrick at sunscapeweb dot com. I'm very flexible about everything (nothing's set in stone at this point - just the idea ;)).

Thanks!
Old February 8th, 2005, 07:49 PM   #154
New Boot

Help editting outdoor show

Anyone around houston want to help edit an outdoor show intended to be shown on the rfdtv channel.... we have the footage and studio 9 plus, just need some part time help.......email me.......tim
Old February 9th, 2005, 03:31 AM   #155
Regular Crew

Z1 owner in LA looking to get involved in some projects

I sold my marketing biz last year and took some time off to travel and now am getting back to being a fully functioning, contributing member of society. :)

I have actually participated in a few productions recently and now I am getting my Z1 this week. I have already used the FX1 for 5 days for an event last month.

I don't have much experience obviously so not expecting to get hired. At this point I just want to "be invloved" in some way. So if you need another camera or some help then hit me up. One option would be to just pay me a rental fee for the camera and you can operate it while I help out in other ways if you like.

I also have some Kino Flos, wireless, handheld, and lav mics if that helps.

Shoot me a mail to greggjacobson@gmail.com

BTW, I am in Santa Monica

Cheers!
Old February 9th, 2005, 04:47 AM   #156
Major Player

Hey Greg - why not hook up with James Hurd?

Okay, I hate to play matchmaker... but James Hurd who posts here a lot under the "Alternative Imaging" forum is developing an adapter system to fit 35mm SLR lenses on vid cameras. Here's currently testing with his own DVX-A and has hinted he'd like to try out his system with Sony FX1/Z1... He's in Southern California - why not check out his posts and maybe you guys can hook up?

I'd try to encourage other Southern Cal. Sony HDV'ers to consider the possibility as well.

Having tested the cam in Vegas and Premiere Pro both with Magic Bullet, I'd say the only thing left for Sony HDV'ers looking for the "film look" is some sort of DOF capability...

Magic Bullet gives it the right "color"
and deinterlacing in Prem. Pro and exporting as progressive via Mainconcept Mpeg-pro HD gives it "film cadence"

Now some decent system (without paying through the nose for p+s technik) for DOF will complete the puzzle.

Oh, I'm not trying to start another "film vs. video" debate here, guys... pls. don't flame me.

I'm just trying to help Greg out - seems like he's keen to work on something interesting - well, maybe this could be cool...

Wish I was in sunny Cawl-eee-four-nya, as your Governor would say...
Old February 9th, 2005, 07:59 AM   #157
New Boot

Hi everyone. I am in hurry up and wait mode from the heads in New York/NJ film commsion. I will let you know how it goes.
George
Old February 9th, 2005, 01:24 PM   #158
Major Player

Greg,

I have added you to my palm, and will email you when projects come up (2 per month on avg). I have a Z1 and always like to shoot double camera.

Add me to your phonebook by clicking here: http://www.shannonrawls.com/shannonrawls.vcf

and monitor the BeOut! website also, http://www.BeOut.com

- ShannonRawls.com
Old February 9th, 2005, 03:25 PM   #159
Trustee

Hey Shannon, I just checked your IMDB. Guess what? I was born on June 12th, 1972! I'm 72 hours older than you!
Old February 10th, 2005, 09:22 PM   #160
Major Player

Movie in West Palm needs help....

I am shooting a movie in the West Palm Beach, FL area. It's a short movie and I could use a boom mic operator for starters. Anyone have another GL2 and a tripod that wants experience and credit for helping on a movie, that would be good too. Movie is horror based but more like realistic horror not slasher type. Email if you want to work on a film.

You will get a copy of the film on DVD if you help me with any part of it. I might need a expert in After Effects to create small digital effects later on if you are really good.

I want a reflection of video footage to be seen in the eye of who is watching the film. Stuff like that. For this, you don't need to live close. We can just exchange the footage. Close would be better, but oh well.

Can't pay.....I'm broke. Not even the actors are getting paid. They just want the experience.
Old February 14th, 2005, 07:40 PM   #161
Major Player

New Orleans area videographer/editor/producer...

Is anyone needs any help...

I am based in New Orleans

http://www.resmedia.com/

THANKS
Old February 17th, 2005, 05:21 PM   #162
Regular Crew

Hey Jonathan and Richard!
anything like that in the LA area?
Old February 18th, 2005, 06:54 PM   #163
Regular Crew

Hi Brent, are you any relation to Stacy or Suzy Marks in New Orleans?

Terry T.
Old February 19th, 2005, 08:13 PM   #164
Regular Crew

optic engineer search

hi ganag,

i am need in a knowledgable person who knows how to place lenses, knows about focal distances and prisms. shortly an optic engineer...

i have a project and the last step is that person.

cheers
Old February 21st, 2005, 05:22 PM   #165
Regular Crew

Indie with GEAR looking for some projects to help

I live in the greater LA area. I own my own DVX100A, Premiere Pro 1.5, and I just order a Lowell 4DP light kit.

More order on the way.

If you need help on some of your shoot, e-mail me @tangfilms@yahoo.com
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands