Helping Hands from 2005 - Page 9 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old February 1st, 2005, 12:46 PM   #121
New Boot

Hi, Tim...

Yep, me too. Still interested....

nancy
Old February 1st, 2005, 12:51 PM   #122
New Boot

Murad:

I was glad to hear the project turned out well. My friend Deryck and I helped Barry with the shooting. We shot with the second camera overhead from the balcony. It was a great occasion and we'd love to see the results if and when....

Nancy
Old February 1st, 2005, 02:51 PM   #123
Tourist

Scott,

Your description of the work sounds very easy, but even if it isn't I have the equipment and experience to handle any difficulties that should come up.

My company Blue Laser Productions has done more than 24 productions ranging from music videos, television pilots, commercials, to corporate documentary.

I can handle work in Los Angeles and Las Vegas. i am en excellent editor and compressionist.

Thank you and I will wait to see what happens next

Ron Greenwood
(website will be up soon so check out....www.bluelaserprod.com
Old February 1st, 2005, 02:59 PM   #124
New Boot

equipment rental

i have an xl2, and i am looking into renting the canon 3x wide angle lens. the main problem is, i live in baltimore, md, and have had difficulty locating a local or regional rental house that i can get equipment from. does anyone know of a reliable online rental service that ships rental equipment for 3-5 day periods? i guess if anyone in the baltimore-dc-(even philly) metro area rents said equipment, by all means share that too.

thanks.
Old February 1st, 2005, 04:26 PM   #125
Major Player

Scott,

I sent you an email in regards to the Chicago area.

Thank you.

Ben Lynn
Old February 1st, 2005, 08:54 PM   #126
Regular Crew

Count me in... Springfield, VA here
Old February 1st, 2005, 10:02 PM   #127
Regular Crew

LV shoot....

Scott-
I'll send you an e-mail.....
Old February 1st, 2005, 11:19 PM   #128
Major Player

Try the Yellow Pages, or Google. "Baltimore Camera Rental" "Baltimore Video quipment rental" and so on. Go to the local book shop and see if there is a production guide for film and video. Call the state film bureau and/or visit their website. Stuff gets shot in MD, theres gotta be a rental house around. They may not have the 3x, though.
Old February 2nd, 2005, 11:18 AM   #129
New Boot

there are actually some great rental houses in md., true, but they are geared (typically) toward film and tend to rent packages as opposed to individual pieces of gear. i have seen online rental houses, but i was hoping some one could recommend the most reliable, best stocked, etc.
Old February 2nd, 2005, 02:19 PM   #130
Regular Crew

I agree Chris, the yellow pages (which is what we call the telephone directory, in case you're unfamiliar) are a great place to look.
I also live in Baltimore and most of the rental places I know of like to rent entire hulking packages of stuff you can neither afford nor find time to use.

Good luck though.

Oh, also, www.google.com is a search engine you might find to be useful.
Old February 2nd, 2005, 03:47 PM   #131
Trustee

New XL2 in Sonoma County, CA

I am a new owner of a new Canon XL2 living in the Sonoma County Wine Country. I bought it in anticipation of a lengthy production contract expected to launch in 6 to 8 weeks. I would love to pick up extra work with this camera if anyone knows of shoots in my area needing this equipment. ( The weather is pretty nice right now so I am planning on going out this weekend to break the camera in gathering scenery footage of some of the wine country landscape. I will post a link when uploaded)
-J.
Old February 2nd, 2005, 04:12 PM   #132
Inner Circle

Jonathan,

Funny, I was planning on taking my cam up into the wine country this weekend too! I'm on the penninsula, in San Mateo.

Enjoy the weather.
Old February 2nd, 2005, 04:21 PM   #133
Trustee

Hello Richard,
Yes, I guess it is kind of funny....considering that the first job I have lined up (the one that finally prompted me to invest in this camera) begins shooting next week in your stomping grounds. i will be in San Mateo the following weekend to begin cursory shooting for site footage and interview shooting for a Spring project. Perhaps we will have the opportunity to cross paths in the near future and I will have the opportunity to gain a little wisdom.
Best regards,
-Jon
Old February 2nd, 2005, 05:20 PM   #134
Inner Circle

Jon,

I'll probably see you around. Are you a member of either BAVC or FilmArts?
Old February 2nd, 2005, 05:34 PM   #135
Major Player

Rod Serling sound-a-like ...

If you posess this voice, I have 2 paragraphs for you to read, and send to me as a wav file, 16bit 44,100 mono. This is a job for someone with a home recording set-up.

Your only requirement will be to provide a very convincing intro voice from the tv show from the 60's. You know the one.

Can you help?

Jimmy.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands