Adobe Premiere & Premiere Pro discussions from 2005 - Page 140 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Closed Thread

Old December 27th, 2005, 10:15 AM   #2086
Regular Crew

Try using the Transform filter instead of the motion editing window and see if you can get better results. It does all the same but should allow you more options and does what the motion editing does.
Old December 27th, 2005, 12:38 PM   #2087
Trustee

Thank You, Senior Rodroguez. My NLE of choice is PPro so I am kinda committed to that. When I buy the camera I will look into what works and let you know.
Old December 27th, 2005, 03:02 PM   #2088
New Boot

Thanks, I'm opening Premiere now to work on the project. I'll let you know what happens.
Old December 27th, 2005, 09:51 PM   #2089
Major Player

XL2 24p problem

Hey, I am an adobe premiere pro 7 user who recently upgraded to 1.5.

I shot a ton of stuff on XL2 in 2:3 mode (standard), but when I capture into a 60i timeline, it is telling me the footage is 23.976 fps. That aint right. What have I done wrong? used to work perfectly in 7.

Matt
Old December 27th, 2005, 10:11 PM   #2090
Major Player

BTW, any help would be welcome ASAP, as I have a big project worth some serious scratch I need to finish :)

Matt
Old December 27th, 2005, 11:14 PM   #2091
Tourist

Hello

Hi

It's been sorted out now. I have adjusted/make the adverts smaller so that I can put 4 adverts in one frame. The problem has disappeared after inserting smaller adverts. Earlier I have inserted one large advert in one frame...that made this error to appear.

My Computer is Dell 3GHz/ 2GB RAM / 300GB HDD / 300GB external Maxtor OneTouch II HDD. Using PremPro 1.5.1

Thanks vm.
pushpa
pushpas@hotmail.com
28 Dec 2006
Old December 28th, 2005, 12:35 AM   #2092
New Boot

After trial and error I found the best numbers for the task in the motion window. They are now aligned exactly. It turns out that the numbers in the motion window can be input in tenths (I thought it required whole numbers). So I was able to nudge each of the tracks just a bit until it was right.
Old December 28th, 2005, 12:09 PM   #2093
Major Player

are you working in a 24p project, but set into a 30fps timeline? or are you working in a regular premiere 60i project/timline?
Old December 28th, 2005, 03:55 PM   #2094
Trustee

PPro 1.5.1 and Deinterlacing

Does anybody have any firsthand experience with the deinterlacing feature on PPro 1.5.1, specifically during the final render to obtain 30p or 24p?

I ask because I need to decide if I want to just deinterlace my Sony PD170 interlaced footage or take the plunge on a 24p camera? How do the results look?
Old December 29th, 2005, 05:43 AM   #2095
Inner Circle

"which dvcpro hd codecs are you using?"

((At the moment, the oly option is an AXIO system... im not sure if matrox have added support for DVCProHD yet.. but PP on its own DOES NOT support the HVX ... at this time.. ))

"PPro 1.5.1 I'm sure is only written with cineform codecs for HDV, therefore providing acceleration only for those formats. "
((I wouldnt call it accelerations... at the moment the only HW HD acceleration/realtime board is the AXIO system... if u have 10grand for a basic AXIO setup, then your laughing... apart from that, PP only offers cineform for HDV...))
Old December 29th, 2005, 11:06 AM   #2096
Major Player

I am just starting a normal, 60i timeline.

The video was shot in the 2:3 mode, so it should be recognized as 29.97 footage, but ti says it's 23.976

HELP ME!

:(
Old December 29th, 2005, 10:53 PM   #2097
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Lohman
First a couple of things:

1. DVD only supports one compression format that you'd want to use and that is MPEG2 indeed

2. I'm not sure if Premiere 6.5 already came with an MPEG2 export engine (think it did)

3. You are going to need an authoring application to turn the video (MPEG2) + audio (see below) into a DVD that a player understands

So I need to know if point 2 is true or not and which DVD
authoring application you have (point 3).

Now I believe most new/modern DVD authoring applications can
do the MPEG2 encoding as well and usually have a fit to disc
option where it calculates the correct bitrates to fit your movie
onto the disc.

HOWEVER, 2 hours is taxing for a DVD-R/+R to store in a good
fashion, so quality might be less than what you would like.

With MPEG2 encoding you have two options:

1. constant bitrate encoding (CBR)

2. variable bitrate encoding (VBR)

All encoders support at least CBR and most also support VBR
(usually gives better quality).

For CBR you only have one bitrate and for a 2 hour project 4.5
or 5 mbps should about fill the disc.

VBR is a bit more tricky where you usually have a minimum, average
and maximum bitrate which probably needs to be 0 - 4.5 - 7
or something in this case. These numbers may be a bit off and
as always some experimenting and checking final filesizes might
be in order!

Do NOT encode your audio as MPEG, export the audio seperately
as WAV (uncompressed PCM encoding) or PCM and load that
directly into your DVD authoring application, or use Dolby Digital
AC3 encoding for your audio if Premiere has that (doubtful for
version 6.5).

Hey Rob, this is the first time I have heard about not encoding your audio into the mpeg. Is there a reason behind that?
Old December 30th, 2005, 07:01 PM   #2098
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Nayman
I am just starting a normal, 60i timeline.

The video was shot in the 2:3 mode, so it should be recognized as 29.97 footage, but ti says it's 23.976

HELP ME!

:(
If you shot it in 24p it's 23.97 (30p would give you 29.97), you need to load the premier project with the 24p Panasonic preset. What type of problems are you having?
Old December 31st, 2005, 01:18 PM   #2099
Tourist

Help with export to DVD, Premiere Pro 1.5

Hi, I'm a newbie at video editing. I captured a bunch of mini-DV camcorder clips and assembled them in PP, no fancy transitions, a few time-distorted clips is the only special effect I used.

I had problems exporting to DVD, it never finished compiling.

I want a DVD-quality playback for tv viewing, not an AVI or such for computer viewing. Maybe I'm using the wrong export?

The movie plays fine in the program, no weird flags or hitches, optimal from open to close.

When I export, though, it compiles for many minutes (my system info below), then gives me an error, out of memory I think the error message was.

I used the settings suggested in Premiere Pro Editing Workshop book: high quality, NTSC, maximized bitrate NOT selected, etc, but the three times I tried to export, it hangs in mid flight. Never gets to the burn stage.

I tried different settings, such as "work area" instead of "entire sequence"; then it just said compiling error, unknown error, and wouldn't even start the compile process.

When I select "entire sequence", the record to dvd dialogue says 3.56GB needed; available on disc, 4.5GB, which is about what I would expect.

My system:

New Gateway 7326 laptop.
1.25 Gigs memory.
Pentium 4 3.06 chip.
80GB hard drive (5400 rpm I think, definitely not 4200). Free space about 7 GB on the drive, could this be the problem?). I have an external hard drive but it's a USB, not Firewire. (I do have a firewire port, should I have a dedicated Firewire external drive for video only?)
Windows XP Home SP2, works great. System seems very stable, no crashes so far (6 months).

Sure would appreciate any help. I don't want to do an AVI or Mpeg, I want a DVD that I can look at with full quality on tv. Also, the footage was shot on mini-DV, and capture was effortless, never had a bandwidth problem...well, initially I did with another tape, but for this movie, which is about 1 hour long as assembled, I never had a problem.

I have a desktop system running windows 2000, latest service pack. It's got plenty of muscle (2 GB memory, terabyte of hard drive storage at 7200, Pentium 3.0. But I've got about 22GB of clips and such, don't know how to transfer all that to the desktop computer without a bit of a hassle.

So I guess my question is, if I'm doing everything correctly to export on my laptop, maybe the laptop just isn't robust enough? Or is there something else I could do in settings or clearing hard drive space for instance that would make it fly?

thanks for your help.
Old December 31st, 2005, 02:09 PM   #2100
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lawrence
...out of memory
...Windows XP Home SP2
The solution is here: http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/330380.html

/Roger
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite