Adobe Premiere & Premiere Pro discussions from 2005 - Page 132 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Closed Thread

Old November 30th, 2005, 11:51 AM   #1966
Major Player

sports videos use this "orange" effect. how do i do it? :D

I was watching the sports network yesterday and they had some dirt bike stuff on, interviews, clips etc(the standard fare). Also all the editing between these shows, dirtbikes, bmx, skate etc uses this orange frame to i guess simulate 8mm look or somthing, it just comes in here and there etc. Now, i guess i can probably duplicate that look by just changing the color of strobe or somthing but the effect is different i think because it only turns orange on the corners of the frame, kinda like burnt frame, i'm thinking.
If anyone has done it, post up. I'm going to play in premere and AE to see if i can get it today.
thanx
Old November 30th, 2005, 12:41 PM   #1967
Major Player

I would also like to know if there is a way to ripple delete all of the dead space on the timeline. Not just between two clips, but to pull every clip on the timeline together without having to ripple delete each one.

Thanks
Old November 30th, 2005, 03:40 PM   #1968
Regular Crew

Premiere / AE Workflow

I'm editing some footage in Priemere that I want to add some effects to in AE, and then re-import back. I'm capturing via firewire from XL1s. How can I minimize the amount of compression? I usually export out of AE in uncompressed lossless mode. Is there a setting in Premiere I should be using?

I'm on Premiere 6.5 at the moment, but Pro arrives later in the week.

Thanks,

James
Old November 30th, 2005, 03:55 PM   #1969
Wrangler

With the current versions of PPro and AE, you can import a PPro sequence into AE as a composition, so you don't even have to render out of PPro. As you do, thoug, when I render files to intermediates out of AE, I do always use uncompressed.
Old November 30th, 2005, 04:11 PM   #1970
Regular Crew

Great! The RTX 100 bundle arrives this week!

Thanks for the quick response.

James
Old November 30th, 2005, 07:02 PM   #1971
Regular Crew

I'm kinda wondering the same thing. You can see the same effect at the end of the Jarhead trailer.
Old November 30th, 2005, 07:09 PM   #1972
Major Player

http://www.apple.com/trailers/univer...ad/medium.html

its kinda like that it think...
so far what this has is just few frames of orange, darker and lighter and it shows it in two spurs, one after another(thats easy to accomplish). I think the stuff that i remember seeing is a little different, its like there is more colour on the corners of the frame and not so much in the midlle. hmmm
Old December 1st, 2005, 08:10 AM   #1973
Major Player

you have to make it in photoshop and after effects. basically you make your base image in photoshop... then you take into after effects and set your layer mode to screen or something (you will have to go through them to figure out wich one looks best). then make it flicker and what not. i found a tutorial on it once. i think it was called film burn, but i cannot remember.
Old December 1st, 2005, 10:14 AM   #1974
Major Player

wicked ..thanx cody!! i'll look into it
Old December 1st, 2005, 10:36 AM   #1975
Regular Crew

I've done this effect by filming some projected 8mm footage at the end of the roll. Just take that footage and overlay it with your choice of transfer modes. Voila!
Old December 2nd, 2005, 12:52 PM   #1976
Regular Crew

progressive cameras, progressive timeline?

I work for a production house whose primary business is wedding videos. Is it absolutely imperative that i use a progressive timeline if we are shooting with a Sony VX2000 and 2100 cameras (which shoot progressive video)? We've been using canopus dv storm 2 cards, which only operate under an interlaced preset, and have been getting horrible results with both our slow motion and overall picture quality. We're encoding with Canopus' procoder 2, using the mpeg 2 setting, CBR at the highest possible bit rate. the result is blurry video and the slow motion is choppy, almost like the video skips frames. I understand how slow motion works, but when we use 6.5, the picture quality is far better than anything we've ever seen with pro 1.5.

we tried a matrox rtx100, but the results were no better than what we got with canopus.

is how canopus works with 1.5 the problem? has anyone else been experiencing these problems?

thanks in advance for any information!

Andrew
Old December 3rd, 2005, 08:56 AM   #1977
Inner Circle

Ive written between ur stuff...

I work for a production house whose primary business is wedding videos. Is it absolutely imperative that i use a progressive timeline if we are shooting with a Sony VX2000 and 2100 cameras (which shoot progressive video)?

((They DO NOT shoot in progressive modes.. only the XL2 and DVX100 shoot full framae native progressive. u can always convert to progressive in post, but youll be softening the image rather fierce... ))

We've been using canopus dv storm 2 cards, which only operate under an interlaced preset, and have been getting horrible results with both our slow motion and overall picture quality.

((Thats the Storm card for you.. actually the storm is a kick ass sytem, if configured correctly.. ))

We're encoding with Canopus' procoder 2, using the mpeg 2 setting, CBR at the highest possible bit rate.
((Errr.. if going constant, do NOT go over 7500kbps.. if going Variable, always select mastering quality, or 2 pass... but drop the highest bitrate down to about 8000))

the result is blurry video and the slow motion is choppy, almost like the video skips frames.

((No, its coz uve slowed the footage down too much and Storm may have issues with interpolating or blending newly created fields... ))

I understand how slow motion works, but when we use 6.5, the picture quality is far better than anything we've ever seen with pro 1.5.

((Thats coz the Storm really shouldnt be used with PP.... Canopus ditched PP in favour of edius, so working drivers for different PC configs are scarce.. stick with 6.5 and win2000 if ur using a Storm2... ur not really losing anything by doing this... ))

we tried a matrox rtx100, but the results were no better than what we got with canopus.

((seems more like your trying to get the units to do things their not designed to do..

need more info, like system specs
Old December 4th, 2005, 10:08 AM   #1978
Regular Crew

Yes, that was the reason for my post. Seeing if anyone agreed with me.
Old December 4th, 2005, 01:57 PM   #1979
Tourist

Help with transition

Hi all, I was adding a white transisition between 2 video tracks and having the white transition go the length of the 2nd video but for some reason it goes faster than the length of the 2nd video. I don't know how to sync them together even though I made the white transition the same length as the video I'm trying to wipe. The transition goes much faster. It works fine in Premiere Elements for some reason. Any way to fix this so it works in Premiere Pro?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old December 4th, 2005, 02:28 PM   #1980
New Boot

Premiere 1.5 won't sync monitor desktop. Help!

I run previews of my editing on a monitor, through my camera, and until I upraded to premiere 1.5 I never had any problems with synchronization. Now however, the video on the monitor lags behind by about a second, compared to the image and sound on the computer, as well as the time indicator on the timeline.

I know that Avid has an option to delay desktop play by a set amount of milliseconds, but I haven't found anything like this in premiere. Any suggestions? It's really annoying working like this, especially since I tend to run sound seperately from the computer.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite