Adobe Premiere & Premiere Pro discussions from 2005 - Page 128 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Closed Thread

Old November 19th, 2005, 01:31 PM   #1906
Major Player

Damn compression results , any way to improve it ?

Hello i am having a lot of problems when putting some titles similar to the ones that you see in tv normally, but when i render it it looses a lot of quality, i even tried to normalize to broadcast colors, and it improved a little, but still looks like crap... i put the samples below.

http://www.todosobreruedas.tv/rendertest/frametest1.jpg like it should.

http://www.todosobreruedas.tv/rendertest/frametest2.jpg looks bad, check where it says TSR.

Any solution for this ??
Old November 20th, 2005, 02:50 AM   #1907
New Boot

Is this a "normal" DV-project and image 1 is before render and image 2 after render? There seems to be several issues (although image no 2 seems to suffer of jpg-artifacts)...

- Are you thingking of the interlace-lines?
Where will you show the video, tv, internet etc? Is there any motion applied to the title (looks like a crawltext at the top)? Correct project settings?

- The slight blurryness of the title (image 2) seems to resemble somewhat of the AMD title issue that some people have had. Are you using a AMD cpu by any chance? If so, try to apply a "dummy-filter" to the clip beneath the title (ex a brightness/contrast filter with the default settings).

/Max
Old November 20th, 2005, 03:32 AM   #1908
Regular Crew

Network rendering, is it possible?

Just wondering if it's possible to render a movie using multiple computers in Premiere Pro and/or in Encore.
Old November 20th, 2005, 06:04 AM   #1909
Regular Crew

Adobe Premiere film look plugins?

Hello

Can anyone advise me what plug-ins are available for Adobe Premiere to give your HD footage a film look? is it possible to get a film look with something that has been shot in HD with the right plug-ins?

Thanks
Old November 20th, 2005, 10:59 AM   #1910
Major Player

I am using a intel P4.

Also the settings are the normal for dv proyects in premiere, and the video is made for a tv show.

also thhe text in the red bar is also moving, thats why it is interlaced.

Seens taht the dv codec has problems with red over black only.
Old November 20th, 2005, 11:22 AM   #1911
Major Player

Agus, read about titles, colors and DV compression here: Great titles with the DV Codec

It may be helpful for you! :)

/Roger
Old November 20th, 2005, 04:19 PM   #1912
Inner Circle

Check the film look forum here.

As far as I know, Magic Bullet Editor's is really the only "film look" plug-in for Premiere.

There's also Color Finesse, which is a pricier color correction tool. It has a higher learning curve and is useful if you want to spent more time coloring your shots. Color Finesse and MBE do some things the other cannot do.

Quote:
is it possible to get a film look with something that has been shot in HD with the right plug-ins?
There's lots of threads about this in the film look forum. Generally what the plug-ins don't do is:
A- Increase the amount of information captured to equal film. Film captures greater exposure latitude than video.
B- Film shoots typically have more money and more talented people working on them. The film look plugins don't do anything about that.
C- Video may have more high contrast edges than film. It helps to turn off edge enhancement on your camera.
Old November 20th, 2005, 04:21 PM   #1913
Inner Circle

Try making the red brighter? The color is going to bleed all over because of the 4:1:1 color space.
Old November 20th, 2005, 05:26 PM   #1914
Regular Crew

Thank you very much Glenn much appreciated for your help and time on this.

I am new to video editing so i am trying to get as much information as i can and i hope when i am up to your standard i can offer my assistants to people who are just starting out like my self.

Thanks again

Jim
Old November 20th, 2005, 09:25 PM   #1915
Major Player

that tutorial is great... still the compresion smooth out your high contrast fonts, especially at red...

I found that in the TV even the compression problems it seens ok... still if you see the master you notice the loss of quality.

This issue should be more investigated, perhaps using another method of editiing and recompress afterwars it could get better results.

The same happened to me using magic bullet, when you interlace with it and compress it to DV you seen a whole diferente result if you export it uncompressed.
Old November 21st, 2005, 08:57 AM   #1916
Major Player

Good, New, ideas for editing. Plus more..

Well, being sorta new to the whole editing scene, not trying to make a career out of it, I was wondering some ideas or suggestions you guys may have for me when editing to spice things up. Sure I have adapted to some things as my own style, as you probably have, but I'm looking for some new things to try...

Some backround... I got a free Prinacle Studio with my purchase of my canon optura 300 back in May 2004. I learned how to edit, and the basics. I then upgraded and purchased Premiere after about 5-6 edits with Pinnacle.

I now have done over 10 projects with Premiere, and have tryed just about everything, from changing the clip speed, all the transitions, key frames with music, long and short fades, im sure I forgetting a lot.

But when it comes down to it, what am I really missing? I'm pursing a career in Mass Commuications/Journalism, and I know I going to have to learn AVID down the road. But what really makes AVID that much different then Final Cut Pro or Premiere?
Old November 21st, 2005, 09:01 AM   #1917
Inner Circle

Avid was one of the editing systems around in the early days that worked well. It's been kind of the industry standard since then, but Final Cut (and some other editing programs) have been eroding away at it.

For journalism, it doesn't matter too much what you use.
Some places still edit linear because it can be faster.
Old November 21st, 2005, 11:31 AM   #1918
Wrangler

Premiere as far as I am aware does not have a network rendering farm option. Sorry... It would be a cool feature.

Good things come to those who wait

My Skiing web www.Frostytour.co.uk

For quick answers Search dvinfo.net | The best in the business: dvinfo.net Sponsors
Old November 21st, 2005, 03:37 PM   #1919
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Chan
Avid was one of the editing systems around in the early days that worked well. It's been kind of the industry standard since then, but Final Cut (and some other editing programs) have been eroding away at it.

For journalism, it doesn't matter too much what you use.
Some places still edit linear because it can be faster.
i found that linear is hard. Not so much hard as time consuming. I oculd edit something way faster non-linear. But i never grew up doing linear
Old November 21st, 2005, 04:54 PM   #1920
Regular Crew

DV to disk via USB2?

So I read someplace that a USB2 connection has sufficient bandwidth to record a DV signal to an external drive (ie, firewire from camera to laptop, and USB2 from laptop to external HD; in this case, a 160GB Iomega unit).

Anyone have any experience with the set-up? Duz it work...?

I'll try a test cap myself tonight, but if anyone has advice they wanna share...
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite