Adobe Premiere & Premiere Pro discussions from 2005 - Page 118 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Closed Thread

Old October 31st, 2005, 03:48 AM   #1756
Regular Crew

Panasonic DV-2000P & Device Control - It finally works!

If you are already familiar with this, please forgive me. Since this info was so hard to find I had to post it to help others. I looked all over Adobe's site for the page below and couldn't find it. The link is in the device control menu within Premiere, brilliant Adobe........dumbasses!

I don't normally use device control and was never able to get Premiere 6.5 on my laptop to control my DV-2000 deck. Well, after trying all options in the menu in Premiere including DV-1000, standard, generic and alternates 1-5, I noticed the edit knob on my deck that I had never used. I don't know why the DV-2000 is not in the menu or listed on Adobe's site as a compatible device. Near the firewire port, the deck has a knob with 6 positions and two that are a position apart and are labeled Edit and DV. The others are blank but probably serve a purpose with other different devices and/or software. Anyway, I tried DV-1000, standard, generic and alternates 1-5 in Premiere's device control menu and set the deck knob to DV and...... I was controlling the deck remotely! So, not having the knob set to DV on the deck is what the problem was the whole time. I still won't use remote control that much but I am happy to see that something in Premiere is working properly.

Device Control - once there, scroll down to find your device compatibility
www.adobe.com/products/premiere/dvhdwrdb.html
Old October 31st, 2005, 08:33 AM   #1757
Major Player

Creepy Crawlers

Last night I exported my short to MPG2-DVD from Premiere 1.5.1. I then took it into the Sony DVD authoring package, whipped up a quick menu and then burned it to a DVD-RW.

I fired it up on my progressive scan DVD player that is feeding my 30" HDTV set via component video. Everything looked GREAT! Except for the credit crawl at the end. The text looks terrible. On the PC in WM9, it's smooth as silk and looks great. Part of the credits involve panels that fade in and fade out and these are followed by the crawl. The text in those panels looks perfect. Only the crawl has issues.

Can anyone shed any light here?

Last edited by Shaughan Flynn; October 31st, 2005 at 11:39 AM.
Old October 31st, 2005, 08:36 AM   #1758
Major Player

The hunt for DivX

I have DivX Pro that I purchased from the vendor and installed. When I run Sherlock, it shows all of the DivX codecs as installed and working. When I try to encode to the DivX format from Premiere, the codec does not show up.

I select Microsoft AVI or DV AVI and in the Codec list is all of my codecs EXCEPT for the DivX one.

Anyone have any idea why this might be?

TIA!
Old October 31st, 2005, 10:46 AM   #1759
Regular Crew

Just a thought, but in Premiere did you set optimize stills?
Old October 31st, 2005, 11:39 AM   #1760
Major Player

Hmmmm, not sure. I will check that tonight :)
Old October 31st, 2005, 01:40 PM   #1761
Regular Crew

No Audio in the Timeline

Hey,

I can't search the forums for some reason (I'm using firefox) so sorry if this quesiton has already been answered.

Here's my problem. I have a feature length documentary that I've been working on for quite some time. I am working off quite a few external hard drives and now when I open the project, most of the audio is not there. The block where it's supposed to be is there, but it's blank. A few music tracks are still there and some of the audio linked to video is there, but the rest isn't showing up. I've checked all the captured video and the audio plays fine when I open it in quicktime. Anyone know what's going on?

Rick
Old October 31st, 2005, 03:17 PM   #1762
Major Player

DVD export - What is going on here (an other PPro bug)?

I just upgraded my system recently. Got a Pentium D dual core 2.8Ghz after certification from the salesman that Adobe products were optimized for this (dual CPUs). Also got 1024Mb of memory (two 512Mb working in tandem). Motherboard is an Asus P5Ld2.

Now when I try to export to DVD, I get "out of memory" errors. For a 100min. project, PPro (1.5) will just create a 200Mb (or just about) m2v file and then continue with the ac3 audio. Then it performs the assembly with this bogus video file and gives me an "out of memory" error and stops.

Tried to export an MPEG2 file too. Same result. I get a "Adobe Premiere Pro failed to return a video frame. Cancelling the operation" error message. Is my work trapped in a PPro timeline forever? Half-kidding of course, since I'm able to export a DV file (thank god).

Now what the hell is this? Yes, an other bug, they come a dime a dozen with this crappy piece of software (sorry for the short fuse but this is not the first time I experience a head scratcher of this kind in PPro, especially when working with 24p), but does anybody here have already experienced this? Found a workaround solution? Any ideas as to what or where I should be looking? I'm desperate. This editing software is eating at my sleep time and my client is anxiously waiting for his DVD. For crying out loud I just want to get this on DVD, it shouldn't be that complicated!
Old October 31st, 2005, 03:25 PM   #1763
Major Player

The "Adobe Premiere Pro failed to return a video frame." error is one that I would get when I would maximise PP1.5 and then minimize it using the little pop-up window that shows the rendering progress when I was outputting video. I got much better results when I kept my damn hands off the app while it did it's thing.

I know, seems weird, but that is what happened.
Old October 31st, 2005, 05:09 PM   #1764
Wrangler

This might help (same solution in both threads):

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=36022
http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=39156

If it doesn't work, let us know.
Old October 31st, 2005, 05:29 PM   #1765
Wrangler

Could be other problems like unusual source audio format or something, but chances are the audio IS there in PPro, but is being conformed to 32 bit which apparently can take a while for long clips. Check out the recommendations in this thread:

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=37092

If the issue isn't related to conforming, let us know a little more about file types and settings.

On the DVinfo SEARCH function: this is a glitch from a recent software upgrade; the webmeister is working on it. I've found that I CAN still search from the main page: http://www.dvinfo.net/conf
Old October 31st, 2005, 06:32 PM   #1766
Major Player

There is no "optimize stills" option for the MPEG2-DVD selection.
Old October 31st, 2005, 10:42 PM   #1767
Regular Crew

Great Titles with the DV codec

http://www.creativecow.net/articles/...les/index.html
Old November 1st, 2005, 12:50 PM   #1768
Major Player

Ok the MainConcept update worked. Didn't know there was a known problem with dual CPU machines. I'm keeping this Adobe database in my favorites from now on. Thanks for the help. I'll finally get some sleep tonight.
Old November 1st, 2005, 02:01 PM   #1769
Trustee

VOBs in Premiere Pro 1.5

I created a DVD a while back and mistakenly deleted my project and never created a master AVI file. SO, I pulled the vob files from the DVD and threw them into Premiere. When previewing the files everything works great. As soon as I render or create a test .avi file, the sound is way off and I seem to lose a lot of frames. Any way around this?
Old November 1st, 2005, 05:04 PM   #1770
Trustee

since the pc is of course non-interlaced only, i guess that you want it to look like that on the tv.

how did you render the footage? did you try to de-interlace it at some point? or was it shot in progressive mode?
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite