Adobe Premiere & Premiere Pro discussions from 2005 - Page 108 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Closed Thread

Old October 1st, 2005, 11:23 AM   #1606
Trustee

Harry,

What type problems are you having with the ATI 9600? I have one running with Pro1 in a Dell Optiplex, 2.8 Pentium IV, w/1 GB ram for about 3 months now and everything has been working flawlessly. Rendering times seem to be reasonable. Of course I am not running any other programs in the background so I think this has had a positive effect.

Regards,

Mark
Old October 1st, 2005, 04:05 PM   #1607
Major Player

What Video Card to use with PPro

Hi Mark
Actually I'm not having any problems with the 9600. I 've had it for about 1 1/2 years. Like you I have 1 Gig of Ram 1.8 mhz board and render times are ok. Nothing blazing but that's ok. It is a solid card.I also like to Flight Sim alot. It's there that I have alittle problem. Things that are aggravating like changing views it hesitates somewhat. anyway as for PPRO 1.5 it does, I guess, as advertised. Just putting feelers out to see if anyone has had experience with the x800. Thank you very much for your reply. I appreciate it.

Harry
Old October 2nd, 2005, 01:46 PM   #1608
Major Player

I do not think you'll get any faster render times with a new video card. I believe encoding DV is mainly a CPU operation. I dont have experience with the X800 but im sure it is a fast card, but only get it if you need more 3D performance. Get it for flight sim not for Premiere. Premiere is 2D, and I do not imagine it to be extremely demanding from your GPU. I, too, have an ATI9600 and even it doesnt seem to make 2d apps run any faster than a budget nvidia fx5200.
Old October 2nd, 2005, 02:47 PM   #1609
Major Player

Hi Noah
I guess I should save my money untill it comes down abit more. $300 is a chunk of change. I can put up with a little stutter with my Fltsim until then. I appreciate your input.
Take Care
Harry
Old October 2nd, 2005, 07:13 PM   #1610
Major Player

Try a MATROX Parhelia.
Old October 2nd, 2005, 08:29 PM   #1611
Regular Crew

No need to go back to Photoshop.

1. Duplicate your clip and place it on a track higher
2. Apply the garbage matte filter (4, 8 or 16 point) to the second clip
3. Make sure that the garbage matte includes the sky only.
4. Apply effects to the sky as needed.

- Aanarav Sareen, ACE
Adobe Certified Expert, Premiere Pro
Old October 2nd, 2005, 08:37 PM   #1612
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aanarav Sareen
No need to go back to Photoshop.

1. Duplicate your clip and place it on a track higher
2. Apply the garbage matte filter (4, 8 or 16 point) to the second clip
3. Make sure that the garbage matte includes the sky only.
4. Apply effects to the sky as needed.

- Aanarav Sareen, ACE
Adobe Certified Expert, Premiere Pro
?
I guess so ... but show me a clip with perfectly polygonic sky that has exactly 4 or 8 selection points that allow the creator to precisely key the sky against say a stand of trees. Or perhaps a few buildings...
Impossible.
Photoshop is the essential tool for this effect.
Old October 3rd, 2005, 02:55 AM   #1613
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy McKenzie
?
I guess so ... but show me a clip with perfectly polygonic sky that has exactly 4 or 8 selection points that allow the creator to precisely key the sky against say a stand of trees. Or perhaps a few buildings...
Impossible.
Photoshop is the essential tool for this effect.
Unless you want to do it frame by frame, then yes Photoshop is your best method. But, if you want to eye-ball it, use the 16 point garbage matte. Either way, both methods won't be perfect depending on the amount of movement in the video.
Old October 3rd, 2005, 06:48 AM   #1614
Inner Circle

waht your wanting is something claled a "region Filter" which many Canopus would be used to using.
basically it does exactly what u want it to do to either a specific colour, colour range, or selected area.

2 ways u can get this happenin in premiere is to get a Storm2 card, install the plugs and a plugin called "storm effects" and run the canopus driver plugins and hope that they dont fall over...

or u can grab a copy of Edius Pro 3 and run that on ur premiere system and do it in software... u can find cheap s/h edius packages on ebay
Old October 4th, 2005, 12:00 AM   #1615
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Douglas
Like i mentioned earlier, I shoot High School and College sports. Unfortunately i can't just break out the digital camera and take pictures of the action. Is there a way I can take a single frame of my video in PP 1.5 and save it as a jpeg picture file that i can edit in Photoshop or Msft PictureIt?

Hi Ryan, I just came across your post 6 months later. I was looking for the same. I just found a software developer that makes a program that will pull single frames from your video. You can download a free trial. the final product will only cost you $30.00. Go to http://www.frame-shots.com
Old October 4th, 2005, 12:53 AM   #1616
Major Player

Hi Ryan and Co

I do just as Sheila says, very quick and easy....and from my FX1 I get pretty nice stills for a video camera...

a couple of points...
1) I find it better to de-interlace the shot in Photoshop
Filter> Video > de-interlace...

It sort of snaps the shot sharper by removing the aliasing and interpolating a new field in its place...

2) As it shoots 16.9 I have to stretch the shot out to the right proportions using the image resize...

Hope this helps

Gareth
Old October 5th, 2005, 05:04 AM   #1617
Wrangler

Hi Mike,

Lipsync can be associated with disk bandwidth/ general performance.

How much space do you have left on your media drive/ how much is used up? What sort of Harddrive is it? What speed does it run at?

You also need to meet the recommened system spec here:
http://www.adobe.com/products/premiere/systemreqs.html

Just a few things to look into...

Cheers,

Good things come to those who wait

My Skiing web www.Frostytour.co.uk

For quick answers Search dvinfo.net | The best in the business: dvinfo.net Sponsors
Old October 5th, 2005, 09:16 AM   #1618
Regular Crew

FWIW I have similar symptoms regarding the drifting out of A-V sync. I'm my case, it is related to the latency/delay caused by using a M-audio USB Audiophile. When I use the PC's soundcard there is no problem.

Regards,

Ken W.

Last edited by Ken E. Williams; October 5th, 2005 at 11:28 AM.
Old October 5th, 2005, 10:33 AM   #1619
New Boot

Problem burning DVD from Premiere Standard

Question: I have made a movie using Premiere Standard, but when I encode and burn it using MyDVD 4.5, the footage temporary freeze's after each "Black video" clip. It also begins at the first image rather than the begining of the video.
I'm new to this so any advice would be great. I also tried burning it with Honestech with the same result.

Petr.
Old October 5th, 2005, 10:43 AM   #1620
Trustee

In Premiere Pro, go to Project>Project Settings>Video Rendering. Uncheck "Optimize Stills." Then re-export your avi and encode/burn your DVD.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite