Adobe Premiere & Premiere Pro discussions from 2005 - Page 114 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Closed Thread

Old October 19th, 2005, 12:52 PM   #1696
Tourist

I would have to agree with Noah. CPU Speed, Physical Memory and Drive
transfer speeds would greatly determine overall rendering performance. I use Premiere 1.5 and have noticed no performance increase since my upgrade from a GeForce Ti 4600 to a GeForce GT 6800 128Mb 256Bit. Gaming, 3D Rendering, different story. I have wondered though, would there be any performance increase/benefit over normal CPU etc if an app like Premiere was developed to support rendering via GPU??
Old October 19th, 2005, 01:29 PM   #1697
Regular Crew

Premiere 6.5 to .wmv

I would do a search but that feature isn't working right now so I'll just ask.... I want to make some of my videos viewable on the web and would like to export them as a wmv. However, it's only exporting the whole project, not just the work area I have selected..... am I missing something?
Old October 19th, 2005, 03:43 PM   #1698
Regular Crew

restoring audio to a video clip

Hi does anyone know is there a way in Premiere 6 or 6.5 to restore the audio portion of a clip to the corresponding piece of video on the time line?

To further explain I have a time line which is fairly messy - all the clips are originally joint video/audio but for one reason or another the audio portions of alot of them were deleted - so I'm wondering is there a command or method to make them re-appear synched in position with their corresponding video portion?

thanks

Scot
Old October 19th, 2005, 04:58 PM   #1699
Major Player

Not instantly.

What you could do is create two new video tracks and one new audio, copy the video that's missing audio and paste another directly above it. Expand the copied track on the left so you recover all the way to the beginning of the clip. Then grab the same clip from your clip folder and put a new one on the 2nd video track. Sync it up to the clip below it.

If you cut it to the same lengths as your original clip (the one missing audio), you'll have the audio back. You can then delete the original clip and the copied one, place the new clip in its spot and delete the extra tracks.

Let me know if this didn't make sense.
Old October 19th, 2005, 06:43 PM   #1700
Major Player

AE and digieffects delirium camera shake plugin

im trying to do the camera shake effect thats included in the package but it keeps screwing up.... it keeps shaking the footage too much and i just dont know how to set it up.
first, the default setting puts the picture in the top left hand corner...wtf???

i dont know how to get that effect to work properly, so it stays in the tv safe area but does the shake..kinda like in fight club and in the rammstein video du hast when the lead singer hits the camera it it has the shake.
help
thanx
Old October 20th, 2005, 07:42 AM   #1701
Regular Crew

Thank you so much! =)

I actually was able to solve the problem by capturing with Pinnacles own editing program that followed the card. An obvious solution in retrospect, but it was still your link that made me come to that conclusion =)

Thank you so much, and thanks to all wonderful people on this forum =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Smith
Here's the thread with my problem over 2 years ago...

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=12880

Good luck,
Old October 20th, 2005, 03:33 PM   #1702
Regular Crew

Buffering

Ok, I got it to convert just the part I wanted, but now when you view it on a website it doesn't show a buffering line or percent, how do you add that on?
Old October 20th, 2005, 08:58 PM   #1703
Major Player

Blocky Reds

Im having some problems with my color corrected footage, after changing the colors, all the reds become "blocky" and pixelated....what am i doing wrong?
Old October 20th, 2005, 09:14 PM   #1704
Wrangler

Blockiness is probably a rendering/compression issue, and if so would have more to do with your NLE than the XL2. I think I recall from previous posts that you use Premiere Pro so I'm moving this thread over to that forum for now.

Here is another thread about red problems attributed to the XL2 that might possibly also turn out to be a rendering issue:

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=53035

You'll need to give a lot more information about the files and circumstances (format, data rate, etc), and probably post a short video clip to a web site so people can see the problem.
Old October 21st, 2005, 09:50 AM   #1705
Trustee

Download the 1.5.1 update that allows Premiere to work with HD.
Old October 21st, 2005, 12:23 PM   #1706
New Boot

Hi Jen,

Did you try embedding them.

<OBJECT ID="MediaPlayer" WIDTH="192" HEIGHT="190" CLASSID="CLSID:22D6F312-B0F6-11D0-94AB-0080C74C7E95"
STANDBY="Loading Windows Media Player components..." TYPE="application/x-oleobject">
<PARAM NAME="FileName" VALUE="videofilename.wmv">
<PARAM name="ShowControls" VALUE="true">
<param name="ShowStatusBar" value="false">
<PARAM name="ShowDisplay" VALUE="false">
<PARAM name="autostart" VALUE="false">
<EMBED TYPE="application/x-mplayer2" SRC="videofilename.wmv" NAME="MediaPlayer"
WIDTH="192" HEIGHT="190" ShowControls="1" ShowStatusBar="0" ShowDisplay="0" autostart="0"> </EMBED>
</OBJECT>

here's the code.

Try reading this webpage for more info.

http://www.mediacollege.com/video/fo...dia/streaming/

Cheers

www.rollingedit.com
Old October 21st, 2005, 12:34 PM   #1707
New Boot

Major difference between 6.5 and Premiere Pro

I'm wondering if there are major difference between 6.5 and Premiere Pro. Aside from the layout and the better title program included. What other reasons are there to make the switch. I'm amateur dv creator and not planning to go HDDV.

www.rollingedit.com
Old October 21st, 2005, 04:00 PM   #1708
Trustee

check that class i.d., it might be for an older player(??)... be careful if you change just the class i.d., because sometimes the param's are exclusive to only one class i.d.

it's possible that you won't see any download bar because your embedded player isn't set up to show the control buttons(??).
Old October 22nd, 2005, 09:23 AM   #1709
Major Player

In 6.5 you have to render before you can preview. In pro you do not. HUGE advantage IMHO.
Old October 22nd, 2005, 02:38 PM   #1710
Trustee

Premiere 6.5 does have the real-time preview capability. From a Macworld review:

"One of our favorite new features in Premiere 6.5 is the program's ability to preview effects, transitions, and filters without having to render them to the hard drive first, which is time-consuming. When Premiere 6.5's Real-Time Preview option is active, you can simply press the return key to preview an effect."

http://www.macworld.com/2002/12/reviews/premiere/

Reading a couple reviews of Premiere 6.5, right off I can spot three features 6.5 lacks compared to Premiere Pro: the powerful color correction filter, waveform/vectorescope, and the multiple sequences (time lines) in one project. I can't say for certain, but Premiere Pro's audio mixing tools are probably better, also.

Premiere Pro's code was rewritten from the ground up, so it is basically a whole new program.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite