Adobe Premiere & Premiere Pro discussions from 2005 - Page 115 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Closed Thread

Old October 22nd, 2005, 05:08 PM   #1711
Regular Crew

Sequence Monitor Lag

Im having a very difficult time previewing my project in the sequence monitor. It runs at about 0.5fps and Its quite useless. I cannot tell what the hell is going on, especially with very short cuts.

I run 3ghz hyperthreaded P4
2GB ram
ATI 9700pro (all in wonder)
Videos run off 1 HD, program installed on another.

How can I minimize this lag? When I started, without any cuts, it ran pretty well, but now I might as well turn it off.

I use Pro 1.5
Old October 23rd, 2005, 06:16 AM   #1712
Regular Crew

Premiere 6.5 to Pro worries

Hi All
I've been using Prem 6.5 with a DVstorm2 card (All PAL) for a couple of years and am pleased with the results. I'd like to upgrade to PPro 1.5 but the support for the Storm is limited (non-existent!) as Canopus now have Edius. The most important thing for me is that everything is realtime on the Storm (except credit rolls and some mulri-PIPs).
It seems the only hardware manufacturer supporting PP properly is Matrox (I've looked at the RT-X100, but Axio is way too expensive!). Does anyone have any better solutions? Ideally I'd like the solution to be HD-upgradable in the future.
Many thanks
Old October 24th, 2005, 01:07 AM   #1713
Regular Crew

I only know of 1 person using edius for hdv and he got POd with the crashes and moved to sony vegas. PPro is a lot better than 6.5 and very capable of hdv work with cineform's aspectHD. Just use a modern graphics card and it is quick enough. Don't expect to find any affordable solutions at the moment for RT effects on HD.
Old October 24th, 2005, 04:56 AM   #1714
Regular Crew

Sound just stops a few minutes in (once exported to DVD)

Hi there, I wonder if anyone might shed some light on this here lil' problem I'm having.
I've edited a clip of a friends graduation.
Everything seems fine. I play it through, all goes well.
I render. That's fine.
I export to DVD. Then play the dvd, and it starts beautifully, then for some reason, in the same place, a couple of minutes into it, the sound stops.
Now I thought perhaps I'd somehow 'flipped a switch' on that particualar sound portion, .. so re-imported the clip from original. Again, it plays fine, until exported to DVD, and sound just mutes at the same point again - for the duration of the clip.
Apart from wasting DVD's.. this is really frustrating!
Exporting to AVI is fine.. it plays all sound.
Using Premiere pro CS. or 1.5.. something there.

Any ideas?

Aaarrgh..
Old October 24th, 2005, 09:21 PM   #1715
Regular Crew

Moderators, feel free to delete this post.
Old October 25th, 2005, 10:55 AM   #1716
Major Player

How to apply the track matte filter in PPRO 1.5

I'm trying to do the Wrigley "pip" with fuzzy edges in PPRO 1.5. I can do it in Premiere 6.5. However when I try it in PPRO I can't get the picture to appear though the fuzzy matte JPG. I've tried applying the track matte filter to the picture below the matte and telling it which track to use but with no luck. I've tried all ways I can think of with no luck. Whats the right combination to get it to work. Any help would be appreciated.

Harry
Old October 25th, 2005, 05:51 PM   #1717
Regular Crew

Setting Resolution in Premiere Pro?

So I want to set up a project at my own custom resolution, but when I click the "custom" projects settings tab, the resolution boxes are grayed-out and I can't enter the desired resolution.

???

How do I get premiere pro to let me define a custom resolution?
Old October 25th, 2005, 06:04 PM   #1718
Trustee

Change the "Editing Mode" from "DV Playback" to "Video for Windows." You will then be able to enter a custom resolution.
Old October 26th, 2005, 10:04 AM   #1719
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Lefchik
Change the "Editing Mode" from "DV Playback" to "Video for Windows." You will then be able to enter a custom resolution.
Thanks!!!!
Old October 26th, 2005, 03:13 PM   #1720
New Boot

Optical scene detection

Hello,

After some searching, both here at the forum and through Google (what else? :-)), it seems I still have the same problem.

When capturing in Premiere (I use the Pro 7.0 version), I can tick the "Scene Detect" box. But that only seem to work when there is an actual gap in the timecode. What if I want it to create new scenes/clips whenever there is a scene change - e.g. goes from one clip inside the house to another clip outside? In other words: Optical scene detection.

Is there a way to achieve that in Premiere or do I have to buy a program like Scenalyzer? Another couple of dollars, when I thought Premiere could fix such a "simple" thing... I do believe Pinnacle offers that option.

Kind regards,

Jan Kivisaar
Sweden
Old October 26th, 2005, 04:20 PM   #1721
Major Player

voice over?

Is it possible record a VO directly on the track? I tried adobe's help files, but i didn't get anything. I know final cut pro has this feature, its very nice, but does premiere? Please let me know how to use it, m uchly appreciated!!
Old October 26th, 2005, 06:41 PM   #1722
Trustee

You're welcome!
Old October 26th, 2005, 08:29 PM   #1723
Major Player

Need quick help!!! asap! must be finished tonight

I made a promotional video for a friend not to long ago for his web site. But now he needs it to be put onto a CD so he can distubute it @ a huge car show/event this up coming week in Vegas... he leaves tommorrow afternoon...

my problem is that when i export "movie" the file size is 736 MB. too big to put onto a cd...

I recently fiqured out the export : movie : then going to settings...

I was wondering what is a a good setting for size, quality, % etc etc so that my file will still look very sharp, while staying under 700mb!!!

please help me out asap!!!
Old October 26th, 2005, 08:38 PM   #1724
ChorizoSmells

Patrick,
how long is your video and what size and file format will you compress it down to. Are you exporting it out of Premiere? Have you tried compressing the exported file with a compression software like Sorenson Squeeze or Media Cleaner.

I've exported my short promo clips out of my NLE at 320 X 240 DV and then I take that file and compress it down with Sorenson Squeeze, I get it down to a 512K stream quicktime movie. the quality is decent and it comes out to about 1 meg per minute.
Old October 26th, 2005, 08:57 PM   #1725
Major Player

nah. i using preimere. thats all i have access to @ the time... the movie is about 4:00mins long

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite