Adobe Premiere & Premiere Pro discussions from 2005 - Page 112 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Closed Thread

Old October 14th, 2005, 02:31 AM   #1666
Major Player

Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5 question...

When you use a picture in picture effect, I sometimes use this over a white background and put a couple of pics on at the same time with a drop shadow, I wanted to know if its possible to put for example a black border around the pictures to help them stand out a bit.
If its possible could someone please point me in the right direction.
Many thanks
Paul
Old October 14th, 2005, 09:37 AM   #1667
Trustee

Try the "Clip" effect. The Bevel Edges effect with the Light Color set to black should give a similar result.
Old October 14th, 2005, 11:02 AM   #1668
Major Player

Thanks again Christopher,
I'll try it out.
Paul
Old October 14th, 2005, 11:30 AM   #1669
Major Player

The bevel edges worked a treat, just what I wanted to do.
Thanks
Paul
Old October 14th, 2005, 12:04 PM   #1670
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Euritt
... unless you were indeed swapping tapes as you jumped from scene a to scene b??

ummm... in that case there should be a date and time stamp on each clip that's included with the captured dv avi... i'd guess that you'd need a way for the editing program to list 'em by that data? i'm shooting from the hip here, lol!
The above [last] para describes my situation... and yes, to jump to the solution, if I could sort the clips by the time-of-day-stamp, that would work across multiple tapes, except that I don't know how to make PP comply!

To give a real world example consider the following hypothetical situation where I am shooting a music concert.

I keep the tape rolling and recording songs [dance items, in my case] until the time left on the tape will not cover the next song in its entirety. This forces me to switch to a new tape [during the gaps between songs], until the same situation occurs. I can use a new tape, or go back to a previous tape if there is enough room left on it, which results in the songs being in tapes A, B, C, etc.. in non-chronological order.

If I could capture tapes A, B, C etc.. into PP have have the clips listed in chronological order, I would be all set to begin editing. Of course, if this is not possible, my other option is to always use a new tape each time, and never go back to a previously used tape.

While not a big issue, I figured someone here might have figured this out...
Old October 14th, 2005, 12:13 PM   #1671
New Boot

Adjusting multiple clip volume

In Premire Pro, is there any trick or easy way to adjusting multiple clip volumes so it sounds "even" when played back?

E.g., I know that in Audition, you can push a button and have it automatically adjust the volume of different songs being recorded onto a CD so you don't have to change the playback volume adjustment for each song.

For a given clip, PP allows you to maximize the gain without clipping. However, with multiple clips, I currently use the "manual" approach of looking at the audio VU meter for each clip, and adjusting the clip's volume so they all sound just as loud.

Thanks for any words of advice...
Old October 14th, 2005, 05:54 PM   #1672
Major Player

ok, i know about this lots now since i went thorugh this a day ago.
premiere pro 1.0 will work with 24p, just caputre it on the rgualr timeline.
premiere 1.5 has an updatge for 24

if u want to edit both 24 and 60i in pro 1.5, its not going ot happen just yet, but you can edit both in premiere pro 1.0

if u want slo motion-do the after effects trick
just do a search on here and u'll find a link

good luck
Sat
Old October 15th, 2005, 01:29 PM   #1673
Tourist

cannot import still images

I have used Adobe premiere many times importing still images from my hard drive. I have a new camera (Nikon D70 SLR). Now, I cannot import any stills that were taken by my new camera. Adobe just freezes up and doesn't respond. I can continue to import images taken from my older camera.

The images are about 1.5mb and the dimensions of the images are 3000x2000. Adobe states that it will import images up to 4000x4000.

Can anyone help me with this issue?
Old October 15th, 2005, 02:31 PM   #1674
Inner Circle

mike,

I have a pentium 4 at 2.6 gh ht processor, I have a nividia g force 5200 graphics card. Factory installed video (I have no clue what it actually is) .
Mike

I had put adobe pro on the computer, though I do not think it was the problem. I removed both pro and elements from the c drive. I then put elements back on the computer . I down loaded the latest driver (I wonder if I got it in right?) and still no picture in capture.
I ran movie maker and I do get a picture when capturing with movie maker. I talked to a computer guy and he said it should not be the graphics card if movie maker could run the input video. He suggested that there was an option to shut down the capture preview and that may be the problem. I got home and searched and did find that option but it was ticked to be enabled.

Still searching for a solution.

Gus
Old October 15th, 2005, 08:26 PM   #1675
Regular Crew

Audio importing problems?

I'm using Adobe Premiere Pro 1 and whenever I import this paticular song, it cuts off the last 4 seconds of the song. I checked the song in iTunes and it plays the whole song there. I also figured maybe it would be there when I export the edit but it's not. Anyone know why and how to fix it?
Old October 15th, 2005, 11:12 PM   #1676
Trustee

GeForce 5200 has gamma issues. Right-click on your desktop, go to Properties, Settings Tab, Advanced, GeForce 5200 Tab, Color Correction, Drag Gamma slider to 1.00. See if that helps.
Old October 16th, 2005, 03:54 AM   #1677
Major Player

Whats the format of the audio, .wav, .mp3?

/Roger
Old October 16th, 2005, 03:56 AM   #1678
Major Player

Are the pics .jpg's?

If you have Photoshop, try to convert the images to .PSD or .TGA and try to import the pics.

/Roger
Old October 16th, 2005, 01:18 PM   #1679
Regular Crew

I figured it out. The song ended right after those 2 seconds that were cutting off so I added some blank noise to the end of the song It worked.

Last edited by Ricky Serret; October 16th, 2005 at 06:22 PM.
Old October 17th, 2005, 10:33 AM   #1680
Inner Circle

Capturing through USB 2.0?

A co-worker recently bought a new laptop that has a USB 2.0 input, but no firewire. He has a Panosonic MiniDV camcorder that features a firewire output. How could he capture the footage? He plans to use an inexpensive Adobe application to edit that was purchased for $99. I don't know what the software is. Can you get a version of Premiere for that cheap?
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite