Adobe Premiere & Premiere Pro discussions from 2005 - Page 102 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Closed Thread

Old September 9th, 2005, 02:04 PM   #1516
Tourist

Slowly getting resolved

Thanks Christopher, upon your info I upgraded to 1.5.1 and from what I can tell that has mostly resolved the issue. I am however, receive a bit of the 24p stutter when I play the DV with desktop player (Which did not occur in 1.5.0), but I'm no longer seeing the resizing on the effects, which was important, but I still have some slight issues with the Filmstrips, I will try a little later on to re-export, apply my changes and see if it imports properly this time. I assume it's currently just related to the export from 1.5.0 that is causing the filmstrip issue. If it all works out, I'll make another post detailing the solution.
Old September 9th, 2005, 07:18 PM   #1517
Trustee

Wow thanks I needed to know that shortcut as well!!!!!!!!!! You saved me a great deal of time too.
Old September 9th, 2005, 07:25 PM   #1518
Trustee

Hey Steven do you have any green screening walkthroughs for AE 6.5? I have green screening nailed in PPRO1.5 but I KNOW AE can do it better. I just got AE and haven't learned it yet. It seems a little overwhelming like Premiere was 5 years ago, lol....
Old September 9th, 2005, 09:14 PM   #1519
Regular Crew

Need Help With Ae Effect

Hello,

I've been trying to do a somewhat over done effect for a client of mine with no success. I've been trying to create the effect were realilstic looking light rays sweep behind my text from left to right. I've searched the site for any post on this subject and have found nothing. I also searched google and the only thing i could come up with was an article about AE 5.5 and using the "Trapcode's Shine" plug-in. I was hoping there is a way I can do this effect without having to get this plug-in. If anyone can tell me how to do this effect please let me know. (It will really save my butt)

Thanks,

Chris.
Old September 10th, 2005, 10:59 AM   #1520
Regular Crew

Damaged Files - Any suggestions

After a avi file is captured and stored in a folder, how come when you move the avi file to another location it appears Offline on premiere? I try to link the media but it says the file is unsupport format or damage file.

How can it be damage, I just dragged and drop. I also copy and paste. Does it make a difference?

I also try to copy and paste the avi file back to the original location. And still nothing. Do I have to capture the whole file just because I drag and drop it someplace else?
Old September 10th, 2005, 02:11 PM   #1521
Wrangler

Hi Jun,

If you capture to one location and copy and paste the clip to another location, Premiere will certainly complain about it, its reference is now lost, and you will will have to manually tell it where it now resides.

However as for the "unsupport format or damage file" messages this is not good. It could be plausable that during your copy and pasting the clip could have got currupt, can you play the clip OK in windows media player, or movie maker? Can you import the file into a fresh new project in premiere?

If you can't then you will need to recapture the clip. If however you can play it fully in WMP or Movie maker but not in a new project in Premiere then you could export it again from Moviemaker as a new DV AVI, and see if you can import the new file. If you can import the clip into a new project then, there is probably something wrong with the project file.

Hope this helps,

Good things come to those who wait

My Skiing web www.Frostytour.co.uk

For quick answers Search dvinfo.net | The best in the business: dvinfo.net Sponsors
Old September 10th, 2005, 02:26 PM   #1522
Regular Crew

Hey Ed,
Thanks again for your input. I learn what you said the hard way, but atleast you confirmed it. I think it lost the reference. No...it doesn't open either in premiere or as windows media. I think I have to recapture...very exciting.
But this is what I experiment already. I drag clips that were OKAY (meaning they were still linked and working order through premiere) and put them in another folder. Then premiere gave me that same message. I tried to link it to the new folder...but that doesn't work. So I press Ctrl Z to undo. So it goes back to the original folder okay. But it is still unlinked. Then I go into premiere to re-link...works find.
I guess if you don't go and UNDO and shut the computer off in which the undo is no longer an option....bad news is that you have to reimport the footage. I will experiment further with another external harddrive to see if it's the ext harddrive. Because I call adobe tech support...said that it could be specification on the ext hard drive.
Thanks for your help. Hopefully that help you and others as well. will post what I find.

take care and look forward to any respond you or others may have
Old September 10th, 2005, 02:58 PM   #1523
Trustee

I am not very good with Keylight yet, but there is a very good PDF file in this directory on your system, if you installed in the default location, and you have the Pro edition:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\After Effects 6.5\Support Files\Plug-ins\Keylight

Read through it - it should help get you started.
Old September 11th, 2005, 08:26 AM   #1524
Major Player

I need plugin suggestions (for sharpening and stabilizing footage)

I have a pretty long shot that I need to use but as is it's unuseable. The shot is fixed on a tripod but it was shot using an XL2 at full telephoto and since the optical stabilizer wasn't on, there is some mild (but too noticeable) shaking from time to time (I'm not the one who shot the footage).

I'd like to hear anybody who knows anything about stabilization plugins for Premiere Pro, some that actually work. I've tried Steadymove Pro with no success (it will do odd things to the image). This is a plugin I'm feeling I will be able to use on a regular basis so I don't mind the price as long as it's not at the Magic Bullet Suite level. The footage to be corrected is pretty basic stuff. Just an old lady reading a prepared speech in front of a mic. But there is no way I can start manually correct each and every frame by hand, this would take me weeks to do.

I'd also like to hear about a basic sharpening plugin, one with minimal adjustment features, that will work with Premiere Pro. You know, like the basic sharpening filters you'll find in Photoshop. I was quite surprised there was no default sharpening plugin bundled with Premiere Pro (well there are 2 in fact, but they are useless as they completely destroy the image). I need one on a specific shot that is just a tad too soft. I thought about importing the sharpening plugin from Photoshop but it is not in the plugin directory, so if any of you knows about such a plugin, let me know. This thing, if it exists, should not be very expensive, it's a pretty basic feature, one that should have been there from the start.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.
Old September 11th, 2005, 10:11 AM   #1525
Tourist

I've tried this. Downloaded bbtool19 (found on google), installed, etc. I guess I'm not as techie as I thought - it's too complicated. I'd have to go into C: and then name particular files, syntax, etc.

I'm open to other suggestions. I've also since copied other 30min DVD movies to hard drive (using Video Vault), and those movies play just fine using the 'clip' mode. But once i try to play in 'timeline' - after rending the clip - the video is fine, but audio sound disappears (no sound waves, nothing).

Anyone else having this problem?
Old September 11th, 2005, 01:21 PM   #1526
Trustee

If you have After Effects 6.5 try the "Light Sweep" and "Light Burst" effects. Duplicate your text and apply the effect to the lower layer.

If you don't have After Effects 6.5 then I'm afraid you will just have to purchase Trapcode Shine. From what I've heard it is a great plugin.
Old September 11th, 2005, 01:31 PM   #1527
Trustee

If you have After Effects Pro, you could give the stabilization feature a try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Lach
I thought about importing the sharpening plugin from Photoshop but it is not in the plugin directory, so if any of you knows about such a plugin, let me know.
In your Photoshop directory, look in the "Plug-Ins\Adobe ImageReady Only\Filters" folder for the UnsharpMask.8bf plugin (why they stuck it in the ImageReady folder I'll never know).

Last edited by Christopher Lefchik; September 11th, 2005 at 07:09 PM. Reason: Fixed "In your Photoshop plugin directory" to "In your Photoshop directory".
Old September 11th, 2005, 05:42 PM   #1528
Major Player

Thanks for the heads up regarding that Photoshop plugin Christopher. I'll give it a try.

I no longer have AE, only Premiere, so I need a plugin that will work with it (AE plugins work fine too).
Old September 11th, 2005, 08:19 PM   #1529
Regular Crew

Alas I only have AE 6.0 professional version, well at least I wont go anymore crazy looking for it in AE. I geuss I'll just have to go buy Trapcode's shine, Thanks for your help Chris.

Chris.
Old September 11th, 2005, 08:29 PM   #1530
Regular Crew

Magic Bullet "Looks Suite" not working? Help.

I recently installed Magic Bullet, but the "Magic Bullet LOOKS SUITE", all with .mbl file extensions (versus the AEX extension all the others seem to have) are not working/showing. Anyone have this happen to them after installation? The Magic Bullet Looks Suite is in my ...

ADOBE/After Effects 6.5/Support/Plugins folder.

Thanks in advance.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite