Adobe Premiere & Premiere Pro discussions from 2005 - Page 94 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Closed Thread

Old August 21st, 2005, 07:28 PM   #1396
Regular Crew

easy. simply import the pic. then add it to the timeline and stretch to the needed duration. then using the motion settings zoom in about 150% and then just change the location points.
Old August 21st, 2005, 07:33 PM   #1397
Major Player

bah that's simple..heheh....i thoguth it woudl have been more elaborate...
thanx man
Old August 22nd, 2005, 01:52 AM   #1398
Regular Crew

Xvid Export issue

Ok I am using Premiere Pro 1.5 and am having some issues with my xvid movies. The project is a 24p widescreen project as is the footage. The entire thing has a color filter on it from magic bullet. Now I have rendered out plenty of footage using pretty much the exact same setup with no problems. However when I render out my avi form this project the movie has sound but no video. And before that it would have video but start to tweak out with some random blocks and traces from previous frames. As for the xvid setting, all default except for the aspect ratio being changed to 16x9. Also I am rendering from a external HD using USB 2.0. What are some things to look for that I might be haaving a conflict with? Some things that I will start to change is the amount of video tracks I am using. I have video layed across 4-5 tracks. Then I will try taking off the magic bullet and see if that does it. Like I said before, I have rendered out plenty of movies form similar projects before, there's just something that is hanging this one up. Any thoughts?
Old August 22nd, 2005, 08:23 AM   #1399
Major Player

its only about 3 or 4 mins. you can view the video above to get an idea.
Old August 22nd, 2005, 10:44 AM   #1400
Regular Crew

24p in 30i project pulldown problem?

i have some footage shot in 24p xl2 2332. since i also have some 30p footage i decided to edit in 30i. now, the 24p footage used to have to be rendered. i reformatted because of an unrelated prolem, and when i reopened the project, the 24p footage did not have to be rendered. however, the "extra" frame as a result of the pulldown is now interlaced. i captured new footage, and like before, it needs to be rendered, and the "extra" frame is progressive. is this a problem? when the edit is finished, i will make movie using 30p. any help appreciated. so do i have to recapture the old footage? thanks.

both old and new clips captured using a jvc sr deck (i think). not that it should matter (i think).

ppro 1.5, canopus storm2pro, canopus 48khz widescreen preset.
Old August 22nd, 2005, 10:50 AM   #1401
Inner Circle

Nobody can help me out?
Old August 22nd, 2005, 11:18 AM   #1402
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathieu Ghekiere
(I believe lower field first, in the Field Order)
Since you wrote believe - did you try to render out the movie using upper fields instead of lower fields, just for testing purposes?

/Roger
Old August 22nd, 2005, 04:17 PM   #1403
Inner Circle

No.
I was very content with the footage after exporting it as progressive, because it looked good, without those horizontal lines. I just would like to know where they came from and if my conclusion (which I posted in my first post) is right or not. I can't post an image of the lines. And they were not so very noticable or disturbing, but it's a nicer image when they are gone ;-)
Old August 23rd, 2005, 09:34 AM   #1404
Major Player

Workflow request

Hi group,

I am looking for a workflow when shooting 16x9, 24p with the XL2. I tried the 24p Panasonic preset in PPro, the result seemed close but perhaps one of you is currently working with the aforementioned setup.

Project settings:
Footage interpret:
Export settings:
Field options:
23.97?

My authoring destination is Encore.

Thanks!
Old August 23rd, 2005, 10:21 AM   #1405
Trustee

Make the pic as high a resolution as you can so that if you use zooming it won't pixelate as much.
Old August 23rd, 2005, 11:28 AM   #1406
Major Player

I would be easy on how high the resolution of the picture is. Standard DV is only 720x480 pixels. Most of todays digital cameras shoot pictures that are much bigger than this. If you use a picture that is over about 1500x1000 you may create some of these problems for yourself:

Flicker - the sharp edges around objects, and especially horizontal lines, will flicker when they are displayed on a TV

Poor performance - you machine will have to deal with files that are much bigger and it can slow performane of your machine if you have alot of photos in your project (50+) Also, Premiere Pro has a know problem when using many large photos. You may get a black or green screen instead of your picture if you use too many large pictures.

I find that using picture under 1500 pixels wide still allows me to zoom in without have these problems.
Old August 23rd, 2005, 11:56 AM   #1407
Major Player

thats great..thanx for the tips gents! much appreciated :D
Old August 23rd, 2005, 02:12 PM   #1408
New Boot

Strobing to music

Is there a way in Prem Pro 1.5 to easily set the strobing effect to the beat of a music track?
Old August 23rd, 2005, 04:54 PM   #1409
Regular Crew

One other part of this that you want to utilize also is rotation. I overlooked that for a few projects when I first started using this technique in photo montages. Don't over do it with big jumps or on every picture but but adding a very slight rotation like 15 percent back to zero over the length of the clip with a zoom can really make that picture pop in my opinion.
Old August 23rd, 2005, 08:35 PM   #1410
Regular Crew

try playing with keyframes and the strobe duration
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite