Adobe Premiere & Premiere Pro discussions from 2005 - Page 86 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Closed Thread

Old July 20th, 2005, 05:16 AM   #1276
Wrangler

Hi Patrick,

That is a very ambiguous question, since there is no one answer, and it depends on a lot of other factors (How long your video is, what you consider to be good quality, what format etc...)

This thread will give you some tips:

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=47545

You might also wish to search the web delivery/ DVD forum.

Hope this helps,

Good things come to those who wait

My Skiing web www.Frostytour.co.uk

For quick answers Search dvinfo.net | The best in the business: dvinfo.net Sponsors
Old July 20th, 2005, 01:38 PM   #1277
Inner Circle

external monitor

Andy,

Have you thought about just getting a second monitor and run two monitors right off your computer?? I went to the dual monitor and will never go back.

dale guthormsen
Old July 22nd, 2005, 11:04 AM   #1278
Major Player

effects window

on my effects box in premiere pro 1.5 (not effects controls), the arrows that used to be there to scroll up and down in the box arent there anymore. they magically dissapeared one day (the arrows on the right of the box).

now im having to stretch the window down till i can see the effects i want, sometimes thats not even enough.

how can i get it back to normal??

thanks
Old July 22nd, 2005, 11:40 AM   #1279
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody Dulock
how can i get it back to normal??
Since the arrows are gone it seems like a un-install followed by a re-install of PPro will do the trick. :)

/Roger
Old July 22nd, 2005, 11:52 AM   #1280
Major Player

theres got to be a setting somewhere that got tinkered with... i will have to make a screen grab of what im talking about.
Old July 22nd, 2005, 11:54 AM   #1281
Major Player

This happened to me once also. Try saving a new workspace, and give it a different name. Do this with the effcts window closed. Restart Premiere and select the new workspace. Then open the effects window and the scroll should return. Be sure your premiere window is stretched completely across both monitors so none of the windows overlap; Timeline, monitor, effects, info etc.
Old July 23rd, 2005, 12:50 AM   #1282
Major Player

thanks alot! it worked! boo yah!
Old July 23rd, 2005, 03:39 PM   #1283
New Boot

Which Graphics Cards Work Well with Permier Pro 1.5?

I'm builing my PC around PP1.5. I'm starting with software and working downward. First I choose the software (Premier Pro 1.5); then find the graphics card that works best with PP1.5 (in the PC world). The graphics card determines which processor(s), and the processors determine which motherboard. So...,

Which graphics card(s) work well with PP1.5? Remember, I'm doing uncompressed editing, MiniDV and (ideally) HDV.

Also, does Adobe have a users group web site where I can post such questions?

Tks!
Old July 23rd, 2005, 06:07 PM   #1284
Tourist

Just curious...are you able to capture into the HD Capture utility that came with the cam? I do not yet own Premiere (with or without the Aspect plugin!), but can't even get this to work. See my post just now on this topic, but I wonder if we have the same problem.
Old July 23rd, 2005, 06:09 PM   #1285
Donald Lee

problem exporting to mov

I'm trying to export a sequence to quicktime mov format. But the final output video gets messed up while the audio is fine. It starts out ok at first but then the video "fast forwards" quickly, totally out of sync w/ the audio. Has anyone seen this?

I'm using premiere pro and exported using the adobe media encoder. I tried several of the quicktime presets such as 256 streaming NTSC, 384 streaming NTSC, and alternate NTSC download. I get the same result or it stops due to an error. Is there a proper preset I should use or should they all work (I'm using NTSC)?

Thanks.
Donald

Old July 23rd, 2005, 09:23 PM   #1286
New Boot

2 hard drives, what to put where?

hi i have just got premiere pro and want to install it, thing is i have one 160 gig c drive, and a second hard drive...which is about 80 gig.

where should i install premiere, on the c drive? should i use the second drive as a scratch disk? where should i capture all the video too..

thanxs
Old July 23rd, 2005, 09:34 PM   #1287
Capt. Quirk

I would install the program on C:, have the scratch disk and capture on the new drive.
Old July 23rd, 2005, 09:43 PM   #1288
New Boot

but would 80 gig be enough for all the video?
Old July 23rd, 2005, 09:49 PM   #1289
Capt. Quirk

How much video do you have? What are you doing? If you don't feel 80 gig will be enough, either transfer everything to the 80 and use the 160 for capture, or get more drives and set up a raid.
Old July 23rd, 2005, 10:15 PM   #1290
New Boot

just short films, home movies....how much video can i fit on 80 gig? whats a raid. thanxs for your reply's

could i have premiere and captured video on c and other drive as scratch disk?
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite