Adobe Premiere & Premiere Pro discussions from 2005 - Page 80 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Closed Thread

Old July 3rd, 2005, 12:37 AM   #1186
Major Player

These are just titles that I created in PPro and I'm moving with keyframes in PPro, and the same is happening with a Photoshop mask I am using.

Here is what a frame is looking like in the monitor:
http://www.integralarts.com/barry/interlace.jpg

In this the title is moving in from the right.

Any ideas?
Old July 3rd, 2005, 01:08 AM   #1187
Regular Crew

Adding default transitions

Guys,

I have been adding default transitions on a sequence, too easy.However, all of a sudden, can not add transition using the cntrl d menthod. I click on sequence tab and the add video transition in greyed out, can not do. Please help me understand why that would grey out so I can not activate, making me have to manually add every transition. In the end I cut and paste to new sequence to fix it but may happen again ......any ideas would be FANTASTIC MATES.

Your Aussie battler
Old July 3rd, 2005, 04:39 AM   #1188
RED Code Chef

Basically 3 things need to happen for this to work correctly:

1. the project settings must have the correct pixel aspect ratio for 16:9 NTSC

2. the footage must be detected as being 16:9 (I don't know how to set or check this in Premiere)

3. when outputting to something other than DVD (MPEG-2) or DV AVI you need to output at 1.0 pixel aspect ratio AT THE CORRECT RESOLUTION (multiply 720 by the pixel aspect ratio number to get the correct horizontal resolution).

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Old July 3rd, 2005, 06:18 AM   #1189
RED Code Chef

Does this PC have audio inputs/outputs? If so, can you play back audio files
with something like Windows Media Player?

If you answered no to any of those questions you need to fix and/or get
your audio system first. This seems to be required by Premiere.
(you will need it to edit your movie anyway).

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Old July 3rd, 2005, 06:41 AM   #1190
Major Player

Hi Rob!

It can be so simple that you have another track targeted. If you want to add a transition with Ctrl+D on Video 1 you must have Video 1 targeted. If Video 2 is targeted no transition will be placed on Video 1 using Ctrl+D. The same goes for audio transitions regarding targeted tracks.

/Roger
Old July 3rd, 2005, 08:32 AM   #1191
Regular Crew

Import from DVD

I copied all of my VHS and Hi-8 tapes to DVD a while back. I would like to import these DVDs into Premiere Pro for editing. Can someone tell me what tools I need to do this and where to get them? I thought it would be a simple thing to import from DVD.

thanks
Old July 3rd, 2005, 08:32 AM   #1192
Trustee

Thanks for the frame grab. Next question: Do you see the same effect on a television monitor? I'm not surprised you'd see that effect on the computer monitor, as it is progressive scan and the combing effect happens if both video fields are played at the same time. But if it plays okay on a TV monitor, then everything is okay.
Old July 3rd, 2005, 08:38 AM   #1193
Trustee

Hi Janice! You'll find a lot of suggestions on how to do this task in this thread: http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=45511
Old July 3rd, 2005, 01:03 PM   #1194
Trustee

the problem is that your footage will most likely end up being automatically re-encoded a couple of times, which wrecks the picture quality... a lot of people out here just don't understand that.

in short, archiving video footage onto dvd(aka mpeg2) is never a good idea if there is the slightest chance that you'll have to re-use it again.

if this is a commerical venture, you could take a look at the mainconcept mpeg2 plugin that claims to avoid re-encoding... it's expensive, and maybe a bit buggy.
Old July 3rd, 2005, 02:48 PM   #1195
Regular Crew

What verison of prem pro?
What are your project settings?
Did you open a microsoft DV widescreen project or 24P?
What are the Interpret video results when you right click on the clips in the bin?
Old July 3rd, 2005, 03:30 PM   #1196
Regular Crew

Hi Roger,

I have been targeting the timeline. Eg,I will even click on the clip I want to add the transition too and the timeline scrubber is sitting between the two clips like always, very confusing. Have you any other reasons why this silly problem may be occuring. Thanks so far
Old July 3rd, 2005, 04:29 PM   #1197
Major Player

Target the desired track. Hit 0 enter to return the timeline bar to the start. Hit page down button to begin your journey across the timeline of the sequence. If there are multiple edits on many tracks, be sure you are on the edit of the track you need. Control-D. Done. Best to modify your own set of shortcuts and assign the default transition to an "F" key. This way when you have an hour of 2 camera content, you can blaze through at the end and sequentially hit page up then F10 as an example to effortlessly bomb your way through the many edits without your left hand getting sore.
Old July 3rd, 2005, 06:42 PM   #1198
New Boot

Ahhhh ok, i was under the impression if i converted my footage (at my leisure) then i could edit it without encoding it all again :) (would take up less room)

i thought maybe i had a problem. :) thanks
Old July 3rd, 2005, 10:23 PM   #1199
Regular Crew

Thank you Jimmy. I was targeting the actual footage on the track, targeting the track works better, unreal. Thanks everyone. Always the little things
Old July 4th, 2005, 02:47 AM   #1200
Built the VanceCam

George,
I got ahold of a TBC and that did the trick. Even with the TBC, some parts were not stable, so the sync signal must be really bad in spots. Anyhow, all that could be transferred is on DVD now.
Thanks again.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite