Adobe Premiere & Premiere Pro discussions from 2005 - Page 72 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Closed Thread

Old June 14th, 2005, 09:44 AM   #1066
Regular Crew

What really made me take this seriously is the fact that Adobe actually admitted a flaw.

They didn't try to pass it off as a "feature enhancement" that needed to be "optimized" by this patch.

Must be very bad indeed.
Old June 14th, 2005, 12:41 PM   #1067
New Boot

Adobe After Effects: Pixelation Help!

Hey all,

I'm using Adobe After Effects 6.0 to do some "cloning," and it seems that whenever I see the video, there is a noticeable amount of pixelation. This is especially apparent when I add it to a Premiere timeline with other non-edited film. Is this normal for AE? The pixelation is small, and would be overlooked normally, but upon closer inspection it is easily seen. I'm doing cloning with raw .avi footage, and rendering in a lossless format, and in both the previews and the renders, the pixelation is there. I'm just wondering what the cause of the pixelation is and how I can fix it.

Thanks!

-Derek

Last edited by Derek Brameyer; June 15th, 2005 at 04:39 PM.
Old June 14th, 2005, 05:34 PM   #1068
Major Player

Are you rendering using "Draft" settings perhaps? (as opposed to "Best")

-Steve
Old June 15th, 2005, 10:48 AM   #1069
Regular Crew

Missing Fancy Fonts

I just purchased PPro and was saddened to discover the lack of fancy fonts (most look the same). Specifically I'm looking for ones used on wedding titles that look like caligraphy/handwriting.

Is there software with additional fonts that can be added to the PPro title designer (or is Photoshop the answer), or am I missing something?

Thanks in advance.
Old June 15th, 2005, 12:46 PM   #1070
Capt. Quirk

You can go online, and search for fonts... And that is where the fun really begins! Most programs will use fonts already installed, so just start looking at the millions of sites that have fonts, and download a few you like.
Old June 15th, 2005, 01:46 PM   #1071
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Forman
You can go online, and search for fonts... And that is where the fun really begins! Most programs will use fonts already installed, so just start looking at the millions of sites that have fonts, and download a few you like.
Agreed! Take a look at http://www.dafont.com.
Old June 15th, 2005, 02:49 PM   #1072
Capt. Quirk

Should I warn him, he is about to enter "pop-up Hell"?
Old June 15th, 2005, 04:38 PM   #1073
New Boot

Nope..."Best" Settings and "Lossless" Output (with audio added). The pixelation is bugging me now, and I don't know why it's happening. It's completely different with Premiere...looks like a normal .avi. But footage in AE looks terribly pixelated, even when I just import it into a composition, no effects. I just noticed it since I started working with Premiere. Anyone know what the problem is?
Old June 15th, 2005, 05:05 PM   #1074
Regular Crew

Fonts

Thanks Aanarav and Keith:

Just loaded the fonts onto a CD here at work. Now I'm going to try to load them into Premiere at home.

Can't believe it's that simple. Will let know how it works tomorrow.

Clarence
Old June 15th, 2005, 08:31 PM   #1075
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy McKenzie
Understood with regard to scenealyzer and it's capabilities. The reason for not wishing to use a 3rd party capture is to maintain the integrity of the backup and long term storage of an offline file and use the source tape as a part of that equation.
I use Scenalyzer Live to capture dv footage and it is a GREAT- even superior- tool for making backups of source footage of my projects and for long term storage. As a matter of fact it has the ability to save the exact file names of your multiple captured dv avi clips so you can easily reconstitute your Premiere Pro projects as long as you save the project files and misc. graphics & titles along with the source footage on mini-dv.
Old June 15th, 2005, 10:47 PM   #1076
Major Player

I Agree

I agree with you Derek, I have noticed the same thing... but I thought it was just me. I still haven't figured it out, so any insight that someone can provide would be helpful.

My only thought is that I'm taking the 4:3 image I captured with an XL1s and upscaling it 135% to fit in the 16:9 frame then rendering it out. It might be the upscaling that's doing it. You wouldn't happen to be doing something similar would you? I haven't tried a straight 4:3 to 4:3 output to see if that pixelates too.
Old June 16th, 2005, 12:32 AM   #1077
Regular Crew

Is your footage interlaced? If so, check to see if your footage is only interpreted bottom field only. I think that's what it's called, I don't have AfterFX on this computer right now. In your composition, right click on your footage > interpret footage > fields (make sure it's showing both fields). Hope this helps a bit.
Old June 16th, 2005, 07:26 AM   #1078
Major Player

Yeah, if the footage is interlaced After Effects almost always separates the fields. You could be seeing a vertical resolution drop by nearly a factor of 2, especially if you're not doing the deinterlace with best quality settings.

Furthermore, blowing up a 4:3 XL1s frame to 16:9 anamorphic frame will only decrease image quality. You'd be better off to just letterbox the 4:3 image.
-Steve
Old June 16th, 2005, 02:01 PM   #1079
Regular Crew

Which filter to use for color temperatur correction?

Hi there,

which filter in Adobe Premiere 6.5 (or PP 1.5) must I apply to a DV-video, when I want to correct the color temp. a little?

Say, I filmed with outdoor WB which is Celvin 5500°. When I now need a correction to say 4500° to 4800° - which is the correct filter to use to achieve this with best results and smallest quality loss / noise?

The Color Balance Filter HLS?
The Channel Mixer?
Or what?
With what settings, please?

BTW - I use it for night skys with fireworks. I have my correct WB in Canon and Sony cam stored but sometimes I need to adjust these a little, when they become a little to cold or warm...

Thanks in advance,
regards
Markus
Old June 16th, 2005, 06:05 PM   #1080
New Boot

Thanks a lot! That did it!
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite