Adobe Premiere & Premiere Pro discussions from 2005 - Page 78 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Closed Thread

Old June 27th, 2005, 04:23 PM   #1156
Regular Crew

I would love to upgrade for $99. But I can only find $199 on Adobe's Website. Got link?
Old June 27th, 2005, 05:31 PM   #1157
Wrangler

Looks like they quit offering the $99 for a 1.0 to 1.5 upgrade, and lumped it in with the 6.5 to 1.5 upgrade at double the price (GOUGE!).

My personal opinion: Unless I was absolutely desperate to get the features in 1.5 right now I'd protest with my wallet and refuse to buy a 1.0 to 1.5 upgrade at that price. Even then, I might switch to a competitor. Never mind that I've been using Adobe products for a long time (have spent WAY more money on Adobe in the last 5 years than I have on Microsoft) I just think that this is WRONG.

Maybe we ARE missing something because this just doesn't seem reasonable and not in line with the way they've offered other upgrades. Since I need to ask about another upgrade issue, I'll email Adobe support tomorrow and see what they say, if anything.
Old June 27th, 2005, 10:02 PM   #1158
Major Player

You didn't mention the speed and size of the drive you are using.
Are you using a dedicated video drive? If so, how fast is it? If not, are there other programs that may be accesing the drive and competing with Premiere for it?
Old June 28th, 2005, 05:46 AM   #1159
Wrangler

Hi Jim,

I don't see no reason why the GL1 will not be supported! I've used my XL1 with no problem.

Hopefully a few guys with the GL1 will reply...

Cheers,

Good things come to those who wait

My Skiing web www.Frostytour.co.uk

For quick answers Search dvinfo.net | The best in the business: dvinfo.net Sponsors
Old June 28th, 2005, 01:03 PM   #1160
Major Player

24p in P Pro1

Ok I have premier pro 1 and I have tons of 24p footy that I have filmed with my dvx. If I burn this onto a DVD would it loose the 24p "film look"? My last video seemed that had 24p footy didn't turn out as good as it looked as I would play it on my timeline and my TV. By getting premier pro 1.5 cant you capture 24p footy? Would that help a lot, and are there settings to exporting 24p footy to DVD. Also, once I have captured all of my 24p footy to my computer and want to convert it to 24p on my computer if I upgrade is it too late, and will I need to recapture all of my 24p footy?
Old June 28th, 2005, 01:03 PM   #1161
Trustee

Just My Two Cents Worth

Could it be that since you shot in frame mode you need to set Premiere to 29.97 progressive?
Old June 28th, 2005, 02:16 PM   #1162
Trustee

the 1.5.1 is an HD upgrade, I think.
Old June 28th, 2005, 03:56 PM   #1163
Major Player

Rod,

MiniDV and DV-AVI have a very limited colorspace (search on 4:1:1). If you start playing with Gamma, Contrast, and Color Correction beyond very subtle changes, you will quickly uncover the limitations of the color space. Gamma, in particular, can be very unforgiving.

For starters, yes, you are losing quality by color correcting and rendering out to Microsoft DV (DV-AVI). When I do CC, I work only with uncompressed AVIs.

Also, you might look into "deartifacting". That is, restoring some of the lost color information. You would want to deartifact first, then do your color correction.

Josh
Old June 28th, 2005, 09:35 PM   #1164
Major Player

This most likley wont help; but if you leave the camera pluged in, it causes pauses in playback. Other then that, reload premiere and try it again; im pretty sure it most likley wont be your hard drive to cause it to pause for 10 seconds; unless all those computer specs were upgrades from an old computer, and the harddrive was never updated as well.
Old June 28th, 2005, 09:41 PM   #1165
Major Player

Dont quote me; but every single cam ive ever used to hook up to many different versions of premiere have worked. As long as the computer pics it up, premiere will. So dont worry it will work.
Old June 29th, 2005, 01:32 PM   #1166
Regular Crew

It's definitely not a hard drive issue. I'm not capturing, just previewing. It works fine on my computer, but on my brother's comp, it doesn't. Same exact settings. Wierd
Old June 29th, 2005, 07:48 PM   #1167
Major Player

Premiere 1 does not offer any 24p settings, you will need to update to 1.5. premire 1.5 will reconized the capture footage from premiere 1 if its 24p. Premiere 1.5 somtimes has a bug in it, that does not allow you to capture from your camera, but you can still use P1 to capture your raw footage, then import it into a premiere 24p project.
Old June 30th, 2005, 12:33 AM   #1168
Major Player

Works for me

My GL1 works perfectly with Premiere Pro 1.5, and originally I was using it with just a six dollar Firewire PCI card.

Jeremiah
Old June 30th, 2005, 08:02 AM   #1169
Tourist

same here

Been using my GL-1 with premiere since 6.0, no probs. I do think it's pretty silly that the GL-1 is the camera thet have on the box of the software (at least for 6.5) but it's not selectable as an option when you input your camera model. I guess that shows Premiere's former non-pro status, cause all the cameras on the drop-down are consumer models.

J-Rod
Old June 30th, 2005, 05:08 PM   #1170
Regular Crew

mp4 in premiere pro??

I have an mp4 file that I need to work with in premiere but, as of now premiere says it is unsupported. Is there any way around this?
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite