Adobe Premiere & Premiere Pro discussions from 2005 - Page 81 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Closed Thread

Old July 4th, 2005, 07:29 AM   #1201
Major Player

hi,

No I cant playback any audio, not even an audio CD in windows media player. In control/audio it says theres no playback device. I have an Intel 915pgnl which I assume has built in audio hardware. I downloaded an audio driver from intel but still not working...
Old July 4th, 2005, 07:55 PM   #1202
New Boot

Premiere Pro 1.5.1 w/ Dual-layer DVDs?

I know that Encore 1.5.1 works with dual-layer DVDs, but does PremPro 1.5.1 allow you to burn directly to a dual-layer DVD?

I have tried and I can't seem to make it work.

David
Old July 4th, 2005, 08:21 PM   #1203
Major Player

Notice that there is a disk analysis window in Encore because it is a complete dvd authoring program where Premiere is best left to it's devices as an NLE. Premiere and after effects have their place in the work flow as does Encore and each should be used for their intended use especially when dealing with expanded functionality as you have described.
Old July 5th, 2005, 07:12 AM   #1204
Regular Crew

Is the onboard audio turned on via bios?
Old July 5th, 2005, 09:20 AM   #1205
Major Player

yeah... as brian said, as long as you installed the correct driver, there's no reason your on-board audio shouldn't be working unless your audio is turned off in your bios.

before you do that, make sure to check your control panel's device manager to see if there's any audio hardware being recognized. if you don't see your audio hardware in there, it's turned off in your bios (or broken). if you DO see your audio hardware with a warning flag (question mark or exclamation point -- i forget which one it uses), your driver is not installed properly.
Old July 6th, 2005, 09:23 AM   #1206
New Boot

adobe after effects watermarks

Hello everyone

Is there anyway to remove a watermark or logo off a piece of footage. It remains in a fixed position throughout the clip. I have after effects 6.0 and adobe premiere pro 7

Thankyou
Chris
Old July 6th, 2005, 09:56 AM   #1207
Major Player

There are a couple of filters available for VirtualDub that allow you to remove or at least reduce the level of a stationary logo.
Old July 6th, 2005, 10:00 AM   #1208
Major Player

You can paint on the frame. There are a few options to have this persist, but if the underlying video is constantly changing, you have a pile of work ahead of you.

If the logo or bug is small and you are in a 4x3 environment, perhaps you can drop on top your 16x9 bars overtop on a layer in Premiere...
Old July 6th, 2005, 10:15 AM   #1209
Trustee

Cover it with your own logo?

It is difficult for the software to show what is not there.
Old July 6th, 2005, 10:22 AM   #1210
Regular Crew

It's freakishly hard.

If the video is somewhat static I could see you doing some "stamp" tooling on it, but I highly doubt that would work.

Generally I put my own bug or watermark over the existing one and call it a day.
Old July 6th, 2005, 11:45 AM   #1211
New Boot

no plugins ?

Thanks everyone for the prompt responses.

Had a look at that virtualdub but it will not allow you to import a wmv file (microsoft legalities I think) so that sort of leaves me stuck. Has anyone heard of any plugins for after effects ? Premiere pro is my choice but I know that Pinnacle studio has a plug in called logoaway that does the job nicely.

I may have to resort to cropping the piece off above the logo, thats going to lose the bottom fifth of the capture; but hey its an artsy/wierd piece anyway so I will just have to try and be inventive unless I can tap into your brains again and anyone can think of anything else.

Thanks again
Chris
Old July 6th, 2005, 11:49 AM   #1212
Wrangler

Hi Harry,

It pretty easy to do. As soon as you start to use Photoshop you'll probably understand it better.

This is what I would do:

Create a new 'canvas' to the size you wish, that will allow you to fit the images you want all on one page.
Open up 1 image you wish to use, and then use the move tool and drag it onto the new 'canvas' you created first of all. Repeat for the other images you want to use.
Each image will appear as a separate layer in you new canvas. Simply move each one into the position you want.
Save file as a PSD (photoshop file) and open in Premiere.

Hope this helps,

Good things come to those who wait

My Skiing web www.Frostytour.co.uk

For quick answers Search dvinfo.net | The best in the business: dvinfo.net Sponsors
Old July 6th, 2005, 12:19 PM   #1213
Regular Crew

If it's artsy why don't you make spikey cool letterbox borders at the top and bottom with photoshop and just alpha the center. Then you can say it's bordered for an effect.
Old July 6th, 2005, 12:26 PM   #1214
Major Player

Agreed with Brian.

Then add some frame jitter and film projector messiness with hair and scratches and that'll sure be abstract/artsy. Then you can animate the motion path of some alpha objects to have moving reveal of the underlying track ... etc....etc....
Old July 6th, 2005, 04:50 PM   #1215
Major Player

Ed
Thanks for your reply. I did manage to find out how to do and it was like you said. I was easy. Thanks again.

Harry
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite