Adobe Premiere & Premiere Pro discussions from 2005 - Page 95 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Closed Thread

Old August 24th, 2005, 08:30 AM   #1411
Trustee

How Does Premiere Pro Read XL1s Frame Mode

How does PPro 1.5 read the XL1s frame mode? Do I set parameters as progressive or interlaced?
Old August 24th, 2005, 08:23 PM   #1412
Regular Crew

Can Premiere seperate 4 audio channels from XL-1 recording

I have been able to seperate two channels (16 bit) with Premiere but can any version of it seperate the possible 4 channels (12 bit) of the XL series, specifically the XL-1?

Relative Post:
http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showpost....62&postcount=8
Old August 24th, 2005, 08:42 PM   #1413
Major Player

I believe this app can do it during capture: Scenalyzer
Old August 24th, 2005, 08:48 PM   #1414
Regular Crew

Thanks Bill. I guess a better way for me to ask the question is how would it be graphically represented? In the Premeire audio tools, you can take left or take right to isolate channel 1 or 2. Even if my NLE was able to do it, my real concern is other clients that I just shoot for and they have their post facility cut the project. I certainly don't want to send them audio at a lower bit rate AND have it unavailable because their software can't seperate it. The need to do this just came up so I haven't had time to try it but I will in the next couple of days and report my results.
Old August 24th, 2005, 08:54 PM   #1415
Regular Crew

I have the pro version? Will I still have to track a new layer? I am still in the learning process, it is an overwhelming program with enough stuff to blow my mind.
Old August 24th, 2005, 10:33 PM   #1416
Regular Crew

PAL to NTSC Dilema

I'm shooting a movie pretty soon, but I've got a few questions about working around my NTSC and PAL dilema.

I live in Toronto, so I want to have the final copy of my movie in NTSC.

However, There is a great chance that I'm shooting it partly with an NTSC GL2 (or NTSC panasonic PVGS70) and partly with a borrowed XM2.

What's the best way to deal with shooting in two region codes? I've heard that results in converting from PAL to NTSC can be bad, and vica versa. Then again, Adobe Premiere Pro (which I'll be editing in) is not capable of having a project that supports both video formats.

What should I do?
Old August 25th, 2005, 01:00 AM   #1417
Inner Circle

You can use this software for converting between PAL and NTSC:

http://www.dvfilm.com/atlantis/index.htm

Premiere Pro can convert from PAL to NTSC (and probably also from NTSC to PAL). Import the PAL video into a NTSC project.
But be aware that the picture quality will be much reduced.
I would only do that for home/family video.
Old August 25th, 2005, 03:19 AM   #1418
Regular Crew

Techniqually Premiere does support both by using the interpret footage option but I wouldn't recommend it. It slows down NTSC or presumably speeds up the PAL. I am an American in the UK and used this conversion to make great "old time boxing footage". The artifacting I got gave a great undercranked style to it. I think this was due to the very fast motion, the slower motion is much better, shrinking to PAL loses frames and during a fast punch or kick you only have a few frames so it mattered alot.
This doesn't answer your question but it may have some relevance towards the topic.
Get some footage from both PAL and NTSC and play around with it before you shoot. Find out if you are happy with the results. You may find that you are satisfied with the results in some situations and not in others. Then you can choose if and when to use both and which one in which scene.
Old August 25th, 2005, 07:42 AM   #1419
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Toledano
What's the best way to deal with shooting in two region codes?
Just understand that "region codes" aren't really related to this. They are a copy protection scheme used on commercial DVD's to prevent them from being watched in countries they weren't released in.
Old August 25th, 2005, 09:04 AM   #1420
Regular Crew

Ok. So in theory, if I shot the entire movie in PAL, and burnt it to DVD, would it still play on most DVD players in North America?
Old August 25th, 2005, 09:12 AM   #1421
Inner Circle

If you burn a PAL movie on a DVD, it can only be used with players that support PAL. Most players in North America will only play NTSC, but multi system players can handle both.

Region code is not the same as PAL or NTSC. If you burn the DVD yourself, it will not be region coded.
Old August 25th, 2005, 09:17 AM   #1422
Regular Crew

I should probably mention that my film is mostly an action flick, and has a heavy reliance on fast motion. I'd probably run into the problems that Chris had.
Old August 25th, 2005, 10:01 AM   #1423
Wrangler

QT7 and Adobe Video Collection

I have QT7 for Windows "Public Preview" on a laptop that I don't use for editing...would like to install it on my editing box, but ONLY if it won't screw up the Adobe apps. Current version for Windows is "Public Preview 3".

Some initial reports indicated that QT7 does not play nicely with AE6.5.1. As QT7 clips now seem to be showing up more and more, wondering if there are any updated reports about compatibility (or NOT) with Adobe Video Collection applications?
Old August 25th, 2005, 12:25 PM   #1424
Major Player

Frame size in Adobe's media encoder

I'm just finisihing my first HD project and will be sending the m2 to encore, but when I go to encode the project it will only give me 720X480. Is this the best I can get? This will be playing on a 60in plasma. Am I just missing something simple and what would be the best setting for this situation? It's only 13 min so disk size is not and issue. Thanks for your help.
Old August 25th, 2005, 12:59 PM   #1425
Trustee

I have some good news for you and some bad news for you.

Bad news first: There is no HD DVD format. Regardless of the television, the standard definition DVD player can only play 720X480 - that's it. Now, you can get wide screen by using a 1.2 PAR instead of a 0.9 PAR - but that's it.

I repeat - there are no High Definition Video DVD players on the market available just yet.

Good news: There is a special DVD player that plays data DVDs as well as video DVDs. So you can encode back to M2T and it will be copied to a data DVD where it will look fabulous on your 60" HDTV - for the duration of about 20 minutes. Or, you can use WM9 if you wish, to get a longer clip to play - up to one hour or more.

http://shop.iodata.com/shopping/prod...=AVLP2%2FDVDLA
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite