Adobe Premiere & Premiere Pro discussions from 2005 - Page 110 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Closed Thread

Old October 6th, 2005, 02:13 PM   #1636
Trustee

are you saying that the scenes are not being shot in chronological order? you are having to shoot scene a, scene b, scene a, scene b, etc., instead of scene a, scene a, scene b, scene b, etc?

even with scene recognition, there is no way for the software to recognize scenes and place them together... it can only break 'em up chronologically as a function of when they were shot, so the date and timecode won't help you there... unless you were indeed swapping tapes as you jumped from scene a to scene b??

ummm... in that case there should be a date and time stamp on each clip that's included with the captured dv avi... i'd guess that you'd need a way for the editing program to list 'em by that data? i'm shooting from the hip here, lol!
Old October 6th, 2005, 03:19 PM   #1637
Regular Crew

I originally asked why it renders audio tracks that have NO filters applied. After more thought, I believe it renders unfiltered audio tracks if they are stacked, slightly or mostly overlap, have any band adjustments, etc. even though no filter is applied.
Old October 6th, 2005, 03:25 PM   #1638
Trustee

Premiere Pro doesn't include an AC3 encoder (well, except for the trial version of the Surcode encoder). If he goes with DVD-Lab he would need to use something like BeSweet to encode his audio to AC3, since DVD-Lab does not transcode video and audio to the required DVD formats.
Old October 6th, 2005, 03:42 PM   #1639
Major Player

Well than that's a good question.. It doesn't on mine.. It only renders if I A. Lock the Track or B. Apply more than 4 effects. Not to be confused with conforming audio of course..
Old October 6th, 2005, 03:47 PM   #1640
Regular Crew

I do lock the tracks when I finalize a project. Maybe that is it. I know that when I unlock a locked video track that has already been rendered, it loses the render and I have to re-render it. If you catch it, you can just undo to restore the render without re-rendering.
Old October 6th, 2005, 06:03 PM   #1641
Regular Crew

I talked to Red Giant Software, the makers of Magic Bullet, and they told me that Magic Bullet for Editors version 2 (shipping Oct 9th) will support GPU rendering.

This means that if you have an appropriate video card (for example, an nVidia 6x or 7x series card), then the Magic Bullet plug-in will use the processing power of the GPU on the video card to render the effect. This will cause a DRAMATIC increase in performance!

Check out http://redgiantsoftware.com/mbe2whatsnew.html for more information.

Here's the information that I received from Red Giant tech support:

You are correct; the optimization for Sony versus Premiere Pro is ridiculous in Sony's favor right now due in part to how our API is written and how the computing algorithms are processed through each platform, however we are in the midst of releasing Magic Bullet Editors 2.0 with GPU optimization/capabilities. Our tests have been extremely positive in the Premiere Pro environment. If you have a GPU card the "choppiness" in Premiere is eliminated at almost any size or mode. Multiple stacks of Look Suite sans MisFire blaze in preview mode and render output is nth times faster depending on card and hardware setup.

Check out our website-- redgiantsoftware.com over the next couple of weeks
to demo the new version.
Old October 6th, 2005, 06:19 PM   #1642
Major Player

I've had similar (but not exactly the same) problems in Premiere. Fixed it by adding a audio track under the black. Just set the volume to 0 db. Not sure where I found out about the fix but it's apparently a known issue in PP.
Old October 7th, 2005, 03:27 AM   #1643
New Boot

Premiere Pro 1.5.1 to WMV-HD Workflow?

Hi,

Could someone outline the process to create a WMV-HD file from a 1080 60i project on the Premiere Pro timeline? I am using the IOData DVD Player that handles WMV-HD.
Old October 7th, 2005, 10:31 AM   #1644
Trustee

Pat! That's ingenius! Let me figure out how to set mine up like you. By the way, of all the scratch disk locations, which are the best to combine?

Should I save Video Captures and Audio Captures to one disk and Video Previews and Audio Previews both to another disk and Conformed Audio to it's very own disk?

Or Audio Previews and Video Previews each to their own separate disks?

I ask this to free up some drives to set up for RAID as per Pat.
Old October 7th, 2005, 10:40 AM   #1645
New Boot

Dvx100a 24p/24p advance premiere pro 1.0 support?

I currently edit on premiere pro 1.0 not 1.5 and haven't been able to find out much about it's 24p support vs. premiere pro 1.5. Im ordering a dvx100a sometime early next week and need to know If im going to have to update my software as well. So any information on this would be greatly appreciated, does 1.0 support 24p advanced?...just 24p? or neither? again,thank you for any information on this at all.

I also was wondering if it will be able to do a real 24p timeline so If I put 30p footage into it it would be slowed down a little? I shoot action sports often and was hoping to be able to add 30p footage into the timeline to get a little true slow motion.

-Jake
Old October 7th, 2005, 10:25 PM   #1646
Regular Crew

You can output directly from PP, using the

File/Export/ADobeMediaencoder and then picking wMV from the combo box.

After doing severaltrials, i found that this does not easily gives you enough control on the various Size/compression parameters. And Deinterlacing seems weak too.

So now I use the following workflow:
a/ I first output an avi file using

File/movie and selecting "settings" for the Cineform codec , and asking ( in the Keyframe and Rendering panel) for deinterlacing at this stage.

When you feel secure that this is what you want,

b/ produce all the various format i need for a given footage. for instance
Hidef 1920*1080 WMV, MidDef 1280*720 WMV, SD DVD mpeg2, Divx, etc...

You can use the free Windows Media encoder, or ( better but 50 bucks..) use the TMPGENc Express front end, with the ability to batch all these jobs. or the Canopus Procoder..

Globaly i find the result significantly better and much more flexible...You can also trim the project safely and keep the avi just in case some faster/better codec emerges ...
Old October 7th, 2005, 11:26 PM   #1647
New Boot

Thanks Pierre,

I have found that when I try to export to wmv-hd using Adobe Encoder from Premiere, I get an error message about the audio quality being too low (it's the standard audio captured from DVCAM).

So do I understand correctly - are you outputting an AVI using the Cineform codec and then using TMPGEnc to do the AVI to WMV-HD conversion?
Old October 8th, 2005, 12:57 AM   #1648
Trustee

audio-video sync is the reason that you put a black leader on in front of the dvd video clip, so it's not just pp... i should have mentioned the blank audio as part of it, thanks for bring it up.

it's been awhile since i looked at dvd lab pro, but there was a lot of talk about adding an ac3 encoder to the package.
Old October 8th, 2005, 06:52 AM   #1649
Trustee

Petr,

I second Dan's suggestion about using DVD Lab pro. You can download it for free for 30-days use from mediachance.com. If you do, don't forget to also download the 3rd-party plug-in DVD burning program. Both programs are fully functional. I think thier site also has info. about an AC-3 encoder that is a plug-in although I use PCM audio.

DVD Lab pro works in a logical pattern. Menu creation is a snap. Import of assets (video, audio and stills) works very well. But the most important thing is it worked for me with absolutely no faults and produced great dvds which were DVD compliant and ready for replication.

Regards,

Mark
Old October 8th, 2005, 09:45 AM   #1650
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Lock
Thanks Pierre,

So do I understand correctly - are you outputting an AVI using the Cineform codec and then using TMPGEnc to do the AVI to WMV-HD conversion?
Yes that's exactly it.

When you use the "direct route " you might be willing to selct another Audio codec than the standard one...but anyhow the output is just worse..
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite