Adobe Premiere & Premiere Pro discussions from 2005 - Page 127 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Closed Thread

Old November 16th, 2005, 07:11 PM   #1891
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Llewellyn
Does it also look like that when you export? Check over some of your project settings to see if something is amiss.
Yes, it exports the same way. When I watch in full screen mode, there is about an inch or two of black around the edge of the screen with my footage in the middle.

I'm working in NTSC. When I first started the project, I picked the panasonic 24p preset to work in.
Old November 16th, 2005, 07:12 PM   #1892
New Boot

Actually, I think I figured out my problem. When I export, I usually export for widescreen. When I export for 4:3 it works.
Old November 16th, 2005, 07:17 PM   #1893
Major Player

the dvx100 doesnt shoot in true 16x9, it just adds bars to the top and bottom of a 4:3 image. so edit it all in a 4:3 project and that should solve your problem just fine, unless you want to stretch the footage out to fit 16x9... you will lose quality though.
Old November 17th, 2005, 07:19 AM   #1894
Wrangler

Hi Pushpa,

Can you tell us what software/ version you are using?

What happens if you only burn a samll propotion of teh project to DVD, do you still get the same error?

What spec is your PC? What settings are you using to export to DVD?

Has the DVD reached it max capicity?

Have you been able to export to DVD before, using the same steps?

Cheers,

Good things come to those who wait

My Skiing web www.Frostytour.co.uk

For quick answers Search dvinfo.net | The best in the business: dvinfo.net Sponsors
Old November 18th, 2005, 12:45 PM   #1895
Regular Crew

back lit footage problem!!!

Hey guys,

I'm editing a wedding for an old employer and the second camera is really back lit. It's a nice shot, indoors, looking down the aisle at the bride and groom but behind them is three large windows. Is there a way to bring up the foreground with out blowing out the windows. (they is a nice view out the windows). I don't think I can just matte the windows out cause they are in front of them. But Premiere has to have some filter telling the program to lift all dark images, right?

I'm on premiere 6.0 but I do have AF 6.0 as well. I don't have any other plug ins, just what was out of the box.

Thanks for any help guys & gals.

XL1-s
Bogen 503 head
Sony wireless
Adobe Premiere 6.0
Matrox RT2500
Old November 18th, 2005, 01:03 PM   #1896
Major Player

PP1.5 Background Render

Just wondered if it does or does not background render... NOT for preview but real render.. I can't find it and this really bugs me.. thanks
Old November 18th, 2005, 01:08 PM   #1897
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Doyle
Hey guys,

I'm editing a wedding for an old employer and the second camera is really back lit. It's a nice shot, indoors, looking down the aisle at the bride and groom but behind them is three large windows. Is there a way to bring up the foreground with out blowing out the windows. (they is a nice view out the windows). I don't think I can just matte the windows out cause they are in front of them. But Premiere has to have some filter telling the program to lift all dark images, right?

I'm on premiere 6.0 but I do have AF 6.0 as well. I don't have any other plug ins, just what was out of the box.

Thanks for any help guys & gals.
You should be able to auto-contrast the image and see what happens, if the information is there (recorded correctly) should give you what you want. You might have to tweak the image a little to get it right.

Let us know how you do.
Miguel
Old November 18th, 2005, 01:13 PM   #1898
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Coady
I captured my footage with adobe premier pro 1.5. The footage was shot widescreen with the Panasonic DVX-100a. I captured with a sony trv-950. When I import the captured footage and begin to cut, the footage shrinks itself down and leave large black bars all around it.

Heres and example of what I'm talking about
http://www.verbalstreet.com/images/boxy.jpg

If anyone could help it would be greatly appreaciated.
under project settings in premier pro, there is a check box for maintain project aspect ratio, if you're working in 16:9 make sure it's checked to maintain that ratio, same goes for 4:3, I use it to make sure that my stills import correctly into projects but this might do what you needed.
Old November 18th, 2005, 02:02 PM   #1899
Regular Crew

The shadow/highlite filter is the best way to fix this. I recently saved some outdoor footage using this filter that had trees heavily backlit in the background behind my subjects whose faces and bodies looked too dark overall in the dappled shadows they were standing in. It worked great to brighten up the actors while at the same time actually bringing more detail out of the foliage behind them.
Old November 18th, 2005, 02:38 PM   #1900
Major Player

Brian,

You can also use the Levels filter, lowering the master gamma adjustment to bring up the shadows. The highlights should gently roll up but not clip. There is a limit to how much you can adjust this before you start to reveal nasty DV artifacts.

Josh
Old November 18th, 2005, 06:11 PM   #1901
Trustee

You mean like Pinnacle Liquid Edition, where the app renders in the background as one edits? If that is the question, then no, Premiere Pro does not have this feature.
Old November 18th, 2005, 06:14 PM   #1902
Major Player

yep,

that's what I meant... Guess I'll buy the Matrox X100 then... thanks
Old November 18th, 2005, 06:52 PM   #1903
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggy Gaton
Best Way to Get a DVD VOB File into an AVI that PPro can edit?
I suggest checking out this guide, "How to frameserve DVD/MPEG2/HDTV to an advanced video editor", that shows how to edit the DVD contents from within Premiere (or another editor).
Old November 18th, 2005, 09:14 PM   #1904
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Lefchik
I suggest checking out this guide, "How to frameserve DVD/MPEG2/HDTV to an advanced video editor", that shows how to edit the DVD contents from within Premiere (or another editor).
That there is just what he needs. I used the same method when I started ripping and editing dvd's.
Old November 19th, 2005, 07:47 AM   #1905
Major Player

since it is really bright at the windows, making everything else dark since your camera exposed more for the windows it seems like... try going into after effects and making masks around the bright windows, then apply filters to those new mask layers (there should be an eraser function in your tools window, that will create a mask on a new layer). so add a brightness contrast filter to the window layer and you should be good if your whole thing was on tripod with that camera.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite