Will Adobe PPro CS3 work with Windows 7 64bit at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old October 22nd, 2009, 03:28 PM   #1
Major Player

Will Adobe PPro CS3 work with Windows 7 64bit

Need Help. I have done a ton of searching in this forum but haven't found an answer yet. I am planning on upgrading from Windows XP Pro to Windows 7 64bit. I am using Premiere Pro CS3. The Question is..... will Adobe PremierePro CS3 work with Windows 7? I apologize if I did something wrong in my searches. I've been at it for about 3 weeks.
Thanks in advance.
Harry
Harry Lender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2009, 03:55 PM   #2
Wrangler

Can't say for sure since I haven't tried it myself, but if you have problems with software on Win 7, supposedly the XP Mode should allow you to use just about anything that ran on native XP (virtualization required).
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2009, 08:02 PM   #3
Trustee

Premiere CS3 installs OK and seems to work fine in Win7 (64 bit). Presently some users including myself have had problems using CS3 in combination with Cineform - playback from the timeline of CFHD files has been malfunctioning.

Cineform posted a workaround for that problem today: see post #10 here http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform...-playback.html

Because of this glitch I have not so far done any significant rendering-out from CS3 under Win7, so I can't comment on that aspect.

When I ran into the Cineform problems I tried Windows XP virtualization mode, as it did sound promising. Unfortunately it provided only very limited support for my Nvidia GTS250 ... while in virtual mode it installed its own generic graphics card drivers and I couldn't get it to replace those drivers with proper NVidia ones. YMMV on that.

Last edited by Graham Hickling; October 23rd, 2009 at 12:55 AM. Reason: Clarification: this post is referring to 64-bit Win7.
Graham Hickling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2009, 08:22 PM   #4
Inner Circle

I haven't tried it but I'm sure it will work. You can also right click on the program item, properties, then Compatibility to emulate running in Windows XP with SP3.
Old October 22nd, 2009, 09:11 PM   #5
Major Player

Thank you everyone for your responses. I am not using Cineform at this time. Maybe at a later time.
I will probably make the switch to Windows 7. Again thanks for all your help.
Harry
Old October 23rd, 2009, 12:36 AM   #6
Inner Circle

Have you try setting the compatibility mode of the setup program? That might fix the installation issue.
Old October 23rd, 2009, 12:36 AM   #7
Major Player

Regarding 64bit versions of Windows 7, the truth is that I failed to install CS3 on it. Maybe in 32bit it works just fine, but on 64bit there is a problem with the installer (at least in my case). XP Mode may be the solution but this option doesn't come with every version of Windows 7.
Dimitris Mantalias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2009, 09:41 AM   #8
Major Player

Another Question

I am using scenalyzerLive for capture now on WinXP Pro. My Question is: Will scLive work on Window 7Pro 64bit?
Thanks again for you help
Harry Lender

Last edited by Harry Lender; October 23rd, 2009 at 11:16 AM.
Old October 29th, 2009, 04:26 PM   #9
Trustee

Yes, it works.
Harm Millaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2009, 06:07 PM   #10
Regular Crew

I'm running Windows 7 x64 and I have the whole Adobe Master Suite CS4 installed. Of course only Photoshop can run 64-bit, but the installation went smoothly and I haven't experienced any problems yet.
Steve Pond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2009, 02:08 PM   #11
Major Player

Win 7 Home premium 64 bits with CS3 works!
Old April 12th, 2010, 10:16 PM   #12
Major Player

CS3 Production Premium and Win 7 64 bit - no Premiere

I have CS3 Production Premium. It has worked just fine since I purchased it in 2008 on my AMD Athalon X2 dual core pc running Windows XP pro. I recently upgraded to Windows 7 Pro - 64 bit. By upgrade, I should say I did a clean "new" install on a new C; drive. My CS3 and all video editing software is on G: drive. I reinstalled CS3 from the original discs. All seemed to go okay, but in the All Programs list under "Adobe Creative Suite 3 Production Premium" there is no listings for Premiere, After Effects, Encore, or Photshop. I have Adobe Device Central, Extended Scripting, Flash, Illustrator, Soundbooth, etc., but not the main ones that I use. I tired the Adobe site, but couldn't find any helpful info there (its all pumped up on CS5). Anybody else having this problem, or found a solution? I'd sure appreciate hearing from you. Thanks - PK
Paul Kepen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2010, 11:34 PM   #13
Inner Circle

It should, according to Microsoft...

Windows 7 Compatibility for Adobe Creative Suite 3 Design Premium: Adobe. Drivers, Updates, Downloads
Old April 13th, 2010, 09:07 AM   #14
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Kepen View Post
I have CS3 Production Premium. It has worked just fine since I purchased it in 2008 on my AMD Athalon X2 dual core pc running Windows XP pro. I recently upgraded to Windows 7 Pro - 64 bit. By upgrade, I should say I did a clean "new" install on a new C; drive. My CS3 and all video editing software is on G: drive. I reinstalled CS3 from the original discs. All seemed to go okay, but in the All Programs list under "Adobe Creative Suite 3 Production Premium" there is no listings for Premiere, After Effects, Encore, or Photshop. I have Adobe Device Central, Extended Scripting, Flash, Illustrator, Soundbooth, etc., but not the main ones that I use. I tired the Adobe site, but couldn't find any helpful info there (its all pumped up on CS5). Anybody else having this problem, or found a solution? I'd sure appreciate hearing from you. Thanks - PK
I did just as you did with a clean install of Windows 7,etc and CS3. However I installed on my "c" drive with no problems. Everything operates great. Nothing missing. Hope this helps.

Harry
Old April 14th, 2010, 12:18 AM   #15
Major Player

Thanks Harry and Ervin. I tried uninstalling the entire CS3 suite and reinstalling. Premier seemed to work, but Photoshop seems to hang up indefinitely while loading. See attached image. I don't know if just reinstalling photoshop again will work or not. I'll give that a try tomorrow night. It seems to hang at the "Starting-up Plug-ins...nik color effex Pro 2.0 Selective...."
Is it just that plug in? Is there away to disable it during start up?
Thanks again guys for your help - PK
Attached Thumbnails
Will Adobe PPro CS3 work with Windows 7 64bit-adobe-photoshop-hang.png  
Paul Kepen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite