UPDATED - DVX100AP Shipment halt is not true just a rumor - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Closed Thread

Old February 15th, 2004, 11:43 AM   #46
Major Player

Chris - that's why this site has earned my loyalty over the past year. Real names, respect for each other, and barring a few rumors, real answers all with strict upkeep to keep out the crap. Hats off to you!
Old February 15th, 2004, 02:13 PM   #47
Major Player

For anyone who is trying to download my test movie, sorry I had to take it down. Being a 50meg file and having been downloaded about 60 times, I figure anyone that really wants to have seen it, has seen it by now. thanks for looking and sorry to anyone that did not get a chance to view it.
Old February 16th, 2004, 04:02 AM   #48
New Boot

Recall- Fact or fiction?

I emailed Panasonic tech support about the rumor. I hope to get a reply and will post it if I do get one :)
Old February 16th, 2004, 04:20 AM   #49
Major Player

Well, there is a test that you can do to see if what kevin was saying is true or not. If all of the dvx's are being shipped back to Panasonic, then nobody would have them, right? Try a store like B&H or another reputable Panasonic dealer and order one. If they are in stock then either B&H isn't complying with Panasonic's recall, or there is no recall. You really can't go wrong if you were going to order one in the first place. I really think it is more likely that Kevin just got a bad cam as I have had absolutely no problems with mine and have heard the same from many other people.
Old February 16th, 2004, 11:41 AM   #50
Panasonic Broadcast

<<<-- Originally posted by Kevin Peer : This is getting very strange..

All I can say is that when I spoke with Ted Castillo who is supposedly the west coast tech rep for Panasonic yesterday, he said there was indeed a quality control issue with the DVX100A but that he had not been told yet what it was. As for the dealer that I got the camera from who originally told me about the freeze on shipments and having to send back unsold units, I've asked him for more info.

Someone's not being straight, but I don't know who. -->>>

Kevin, your dealer is not an authorized dealer and thus has no direct line to Panasonic for all of his inside information, he has none. Ted only reported that we were doing a QC check. We do that sometimes. We normally do a 100% QC on the DVCPRO50 product and occasionally we do a DV product. The DVX100A's number came up. That is all.

I hope this helps,

Jan
Old February 16th, 2004, 11:50 AM   #51
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

Thank you for clearing that remaining bit of mystery for us, Jan.

With that, I'll close this thread as it seems that the underlying matter is now resolved.

Hey, you don't have enough stuff!
Buy with confidence from our sponsors. Hand-picked as the best in the business...Really!

See some of my work one frame at a time: www.KenTanaka.com
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant