Y'all step up and say Howdy - Page 9 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old June 1st, 2002, 06:51 AM   #121
RED Code Chef

Another reader turned writer! Welcome welcome! Since you've
been reading a while the board doesn't need any introducing
to you eh. Anyway, welcome aboard!

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2002, 06:56 AM   #122
RED Code Chef

Welcome aboard OJ!

Old June 8th, 2002, 05:13 AM   #123
Major Player

Hello All

I am principal of PR/Design, a small consulting firm that provides communication, research, and design services for organizations and individuals (i.e. candidates) involved in public affairs and politics. In practice, I spend the bulk of my time doing writing (communications planning, Web copy, press releases) and Web design. DV is new, though I had lots of theatre and some film expereince in school.

I am interested in bringing the "DV revolution" to non-profit advocacy organizations that have traditionally priced out of the market for video production services -- and so have been denied access to the most important (for good or ill) political communication media in the U.S.: television and video.

I have taught at the college level and I am currently a member of the adjunct faculty at Susquehanna University in Selinsgrove PA where I teach a Jr. Sr. course on leadership. I've done some scholarly writing on international political communication and was trained as political scientist. In my academic life I study American political communication and rhetoric and international political communication.

After messing about with a Sony TRV-17 for a year so so to learn some basics of DV and digital editing, I recently purchased Canon XL1s and have begun work on "A Citizen's Guide to Economic Development" in Pennsylvania. I use Final Cut Pro for editing on a Mac G4, which I also use for my other design work.
Peter Wiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2002, 05:54 AM   #124
"SuperSparks"

Welcome aboard Peter. This board also has a great set of MAC threads.

Jim Northern VA.

Hump? What Hump?
Jim Sauza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2002, 10:45 AM   #125
bassgruv417

new member,new XL1/s user

Just received my XL1/s a couple of weeks ago and all of my accessories have trickled in...all but my tripod. I ordered the Matthews Libec LS-35 and they're saying that it could be another month before Japan ships...Any comments on the libec good or bad... should I wait or attempt to go with another brand. I currently use Gitzo w/ my betacam @ the station but need to stay around $600..Anyway LOVE my XL1/s...great site!
Old June 11th, 2002, 01:18 PM   #126
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

Welcome!
A month sounds like quite a long wait for this tripod. Perhaps another vendor can deliver quicker? B&H Photo (www.bhphoto.com) has the LS-35 in stock at this writing for $570.

Hey, you don't have enough stuff!
Buy with confidence from our sponsors. Hand-picked as the best in the business...Really!

See some of my work one frame at a time: www.KenTanaka.com
Ken Tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2002, 07:49 AM   #127
Regular Crew

Anyone In DADE or BROWARD Florida

Looking to meet NL-Editors and DV camera people in my area..
gerez@bellsouth.net

---
PC Based editor: Adobe Premier Pro, Canopus DV Storm Pro. SONY VX2000, Panasonic DVX100a

George Gerez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2002, 09:03 AM   #128
Rafe1323

Hello from Phily

I think I'm the first to post in Phily. I hope more follow. Looking forward to bouncing ideas, and experiences with everyone.

Rafe D'Amico
Old June 28th, 2002, 10:10 AM   #129
Regular Crew

Unfortunatly No, Have had several vacations all over Florida and would swap rainy old miserable Buckinghamshire here in the UK anytime.
Peter Lock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2002, 10:14 AM   #130
Capt. Quirk

I've got news for you, Peter. It has done nothing but rain here for the past two weeks. Still want to swap? I'm willing :)

Hi George- I'm just North of you in Brevard. Howdy!
Keith
K. Forman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2002, 12:49 AM   #131
RED Code Chef

Welcome aboard Rafe, good to have you with us!

Old July 2nd, 2002, 06:38 PM   #132
Regular Crew

Welcome

Rafe,

Glad to have you here. I'm right across the river in Pennsauken.

Bill
Bill Markel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2002, 10:47 PM   #133
Obstreperous Rex

Returning from server crash... we're back.

Okay, after being down for close to 24 hours, we're now back online with a few bumps and bruises. You may have noticed that we've lost about a week's worth of posts... I believe approximately 600 or so. The current count is 14,750 which is down from I think about 15,350. It really hurts but I'm grateful that it wasn't any worse than this. We've also lost track of about 40-something new members; if you're one of these folks, unfortunately you'll have to re-register.

This sort of thing is never predictable and always happens at the wrong time, but I'm working at this moment on finding a more reliable hosting solution with a back-up of the message board database every 24 hours. I've got to leave for MacWorld on Monday and will definitely find a new home for us before then.

In the meantime please accept my sincere apologies for this 40mph crash into a brick wall; the airbags have deployed and we've got a few seatbelt cuts and a broken tooth or two but we'll survive.

If you posted something last week, it's gone forever so if you can remember what we were talking about in this particular forum then by all means say it again!

Still shaking,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2002, 12:43 AM   #134
Regular Crew

I am also back :-)

Hi everybody,

Well, I am back as well. I will try to rewrite and post again some of my last messages. Nice that the connection works again.

Later,
Old July 13th, 2002, 02:26 AM   #135
JimRiley

Hello from the farm..

Just getting to know my Sony PD150. We're anxious to use it for short "living history" projects, filming redcoats, minutemen, Civil War reenactments on our living history farm...

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood