Tripod for GL2? - Page 8 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old April 20th, 2007, 07:18 AM   #106
Major Player

Location: Central North Carolina (Raleigh, Durham, & surrounding areas)
I'm using Bogen/Manfrotto systems with my GL cams every week with great success. Both have the older 3063 heads, one set of legs is the heavier 3046, the other is the 3021. I hear good reviews on the Bogen 501/503 heads. The Bogen stuff might be worth you looking into. I'd say to price it new, then look to buy it used.

Mark
Mark Holland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2007, 01:47 PM   #107
Regular Crew

Bogen/Manfrotto 3011 + 700 RC2 head kit at B&H is good

I got this tripod 3011 black + 700RC2 head kit at B&H a while back and, while I had a couple issues with loose screws in the head plate and in one of the leg's lower locks, after adjustment it's okay and pans and tilts very very smoothly.

Get the carrying strap too, it's worth it.

--Shayne

[Edit] P.S. you can stabilize light tripods by weighting them down.
Shayne Weyker is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads