Adobe Premiere discussions from 2002 - Page 26 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Closed Thread

Old December 12th, 2002, 09:53 AM   #376
New Boot

Problem Fix

I'm happy to say I fixed the playback problem. And I am very thankful to all of you who spent time thinking this through with me. I am embarrassed to say how I fixed it, as this should have been the first thing tried.

Updating Premiere to 6.02 has solved the problem. Praise God I can finally move on.

Thanks again to those concerned!!!
Old December 13th, 2002, 04:58 AM   #377
RED Code Chef

Great to hear and thanks for posting the solution back!

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Old December 18th, 2002, 12:35 PM   #378
Regular Crew

Lower thirds in Premiere

Hello All,

Quick question for you, if I want to put a tiltle under a talking head, in Premirere 6.0, I need to export my clip to After Effects, comosite my title with the title and then bring it back, correct? Or is there a function of AP that I am missing? For you 6.5 users can you do it there or do you also have go to AE?

Thanks!
-SL
Old December 18th, 2002, 04:27 PM   #379
Major Player

If you have the Inscriber Title Express plug-in for Premiere, it has quite a few lower third templates provided or you can use Photo Shop or any similar program to create one. www.wrigleyvideo.com/videotutorial/index.htm has a tutorial that might help with this as well as some other common editing tasks.
Old December 19th, 2002, 01:28 PM   #380
cocobutt

Frame mode (GL2) capture question in Premiere

Hello everyone,

I've noticed that I can only communicate with my GL2 via premiere if I choose "D1/DV NTSC 720 * 480" as my project settings. I prefer frame mode on the camera and bought the camera in expectation of it capturing 30 complete frames so that I could edit individual frames without having to de-interlace.
I tried capturing with other project settings but could not get an image to come up on the computer screen during playback (and capture).

So.. My question remains: If I capture 30 discrete frames (drop-frame) with my GL2, how can I make sure that premiere isn't treating it like interlaced fields that you would normally expect with an NTSC setting?

Thnx in advance.
-Cocobutt

Old December 19th, 2002, 02:01 PM   #381

as long as you're using the DV codec, you'll ALWAYS get an interlaced stream. This is the ONLY option with the DV standard. If you want to capture still frames and make them into a video, import the Dv file into VirtualDub, then do a FILE/SAVE IMAGE SEQUENCE to get the cip into individual 30fps bitmap images.
Old December 20th, 2002, 09:18 AM   #382
cocobutt

Am I losing quality when I convert the 30 discrete images to DV format and interlace the frames, and would I further degrade the image if I deinterlace it by outputting an image sequence?

-Cocobutt

Old December 20th, 2002, 12:40 PM   #383

Any transcode into DV from some other format requires compression with the DV codec. ALL compression schemes introduce losses/artifacts, altho' some compression schemes are better than others. The Micro$oft DV codec is quite lossy, however, the Main Concept, Avid, and Vegas Video codecs are quite excellent. Regardless, the losses you incur with one or two compressions shouldn't be noticeable.
Old December 20th, 2002, 03:40 PM   #384
cocobutt

I'm cheap

Is there any way I can get these codecs (Main Concept, Avid, and Vegas Video) without buying the program or are they strictly proprietary?

Old December 20th, 2002, 04:00 PM   #385
Regular Crew

The Main Concept DV codec is a standard Video for Windows codec that can be used in almost any app, and costs a whopping $50. www.mainconcept.com
Old December 20th, 2002, 08:21 PM   #386
Major Player

Urgent: Rendering Stopped @ 18:53:10? (Premiere)

Hi,
I have a semi-urgent question. I was rendering a final project to avi in Premiere and going to burn a DVD of it. So, when I was rendering the project in Premiere it stopped rendering at 18 minutes, 53 seconds, and ten frames. The project is 23:20:15 so I don't know why it stopped. My work area bar (the little yellow one at the top of the timeline) is covering the whole project. I have enough hard drive space for the project so that's not the problem. The project is not one long clip, its a bunch of shorter clips so the problem wouldn't be the 2 gig limit on FAT HD video. So what's wrong? I am slightly pressed for time...I need this done by Saturday night (tomorrow) so your speedy response would be very greatly appriciated.

Thanks.
Old December 20th, 2002, 08:40 PM   #387
Wrangler

Without more information, this smells like the same file size limitation problem you were having before. (http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthrea...ight=limit+fat)

1) Did you ever upgrade to Win 2K or XP?
2) Did you ever convert your drives over to NTFS? The procedure is fairly painless, and it doesn't require reformatting.

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | The best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Old December 20th, 2002, 08:51 PM   #388
Major Player

Robert,
Thanks for your reply. I never did convert my drives. However, it seems like this should be unaffected. I have rendered files larger then 18 minutes before, it just isn't working now. I have no idea what the problem is. I plan on converting my drives to NTFS, but I have to buy XP first, and transfer all my files, reinstall software etc. etc. I dont think this is a NTFS problem. Any other ideas?

Thanks!

P.S. I am actually leaving the house now for a shoot, but I'll be back in around 9:00 PM Pacific Time and Ill trouble shoot. Thanks for your help.
Old December 20th, 2002, 08:57 PM   #389
Warden

How big is your file? Did you reach a 2 gig limit?

Jeff
Old December 20th, 2002, 10:30 PM   #390
Sponsor: JET DV

In this case, you reached the FOUR Gig limit. Fat32 (Win98/Me) files are limited to 4 GB which is just over 18 minutes (apparently 18:53:10).

You will need to render this file into two separate segments OR convert the drive to NTFS which defeats the 4GB limit.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite