Adobe Premiere & Premiere Pro discussions from 2005 - Page 21 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Closed Thread

Old February 8th, 2005, 07:22 AM   #301
Regular Crew

<<<-- Originally posted by Rob Lohman : Have you enabled the "remove/reduce interlace flicker" option? -->>>

The only program I have seen that option is DV Film. Where is it in Premeire Pro?

Besides, I doubt that is the problem. When I play it in Quicktime it looks normal. It only happens when I play it in WM Player.
Old February 8th, 2005, 07:25 AM   #302
RED Code Chef

I don't know where it is, since I'm not using Premiere anymore. I'm
certain it is there though.

You should've added this extra information to your original post!

Anyways, it sounds like you need to check the settings in the
windows encoder/template. Are you by any chance rendering out
as interlaced or at a different framerate?

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Old February 8th, 2005, 08:37 AM   #303
Regular Crew

I figured how many frames off I was (21) and imported the new AVI in a new project. I inserted 21 frames of black at the beginning and exported the file as a DV-AVI. Using this file in the original project, the problem was solved.

Lesson learned, always use an inpoint when capturing.

Now I have questions about the DV-AVI format.
I find that if I exported it as an uncompressed AVI the file gets huge and quickly used up valuable HD space. So I exported it as DV-AVI, it rendered much quicker and created a file size very similar to the original. Now I'm wondering if was recompressed at the cost of image quality.
Old February 8th, 2005, 09:44 AM   #304
Regular Crew

Remove Flicker is under the clip menu bar option. Select the clip, then select the Clip menu item, then I think its field options or something like that... flicker removal should be under there.

Working off of memory since I dont have premeire available at the moment.
Old February 8th, 2005, 03:32 PM   #305
Wrangler

Hi Greg,

It may actually be a WMP problem with handling widescreen 24fps, rather than PPro's...although the jury is still out. I'm wondering if PPro might flag the widescreen files in a peculiar way that WMP doesn't like, but that is entirely speculation/wondering. Here's a thread where several of us scratched our head about this:

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthrea...threadid=37100

Anyone who's learned anything further on this 24p stuff is MOST welcome to chime in!

BTW, hearty welcome to DVinfo...I see that you've been quite active during your first week as a member!
Old February 9th, 2005, 04:50 AM   #306
RED Code Chef

Yes, DV uses a lossy compression algorithm (5:1 ratio) which throws
away information that you (hopefully) cannot see (depending on
scene complexity as well).

Old February 9th, 2005, 01:12 PM   #307
Regular Crew

export to dvd worked 3 times

Hi all, I was able to export to dvd the first three times probably with the dolby encoder and now it wont export even without the dolby. It always stops about 3/4 of the way through with an encoding problem or a write failure. This is without the dolby, just stereo. What do you think? Thanks TAG
Old February 9th, 2005, 01:27 PM   #308
Wrangler

Hi Terry,

If you're using XP SP2 and getting a "failed to return video frame" message when using the Adobe Media Encoder to render or transcode, there is a simple workaround:

http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/330380.html

Solution #1 worked for me. If that isn't it, could you please describe what happens in a little more detail?

Cheers,
Old February 9th, 2005, 10:14 PM   #309
Regular Crew

PPro AVI to DVD Question

When I burn a AVI to a DVD from the Premiere Pro timeline it does not look as good when played on my TV, via DVD player.
On my computer monitor play back from AVI , the video image looks great . Does encoding to DVD really cause that much loss of quality in the finished DVD.
I am using a Canon GL2 camera.
Any information would be helpful
Thank you
Old February 10th, 2005, 05:25 AM   #310
RED Code Chef

Please take a look and the time to thoroughly read through the
following thread (and the threads it links to):

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthrea...threadid=36443

In a nutshell:

1) it depends on your settings (VBR is better than CBR, higher bitrates are better)

2) it depends on the quality of your encoder (although the Cinemacraft encoder that PPro uses is decent to good, it isn't excellent)

Read that thread etc. for more information!

Old February 11th, 2005, 09:52 AM   #311
Regular Crew

Thanks Joshua, I will try that next time.

I was finally able to fix the problem by exporting directy to mpg using the adobe media encoder.
Old February 11th, 2005, 10:12 AM   #312
New Boot

Premier Pro and Matrox RTX.10

Hello all.

Was just wondering if anyone knew what version of adobe premier is bundled with the Matrox RTX.10 / RTX.100 ?

These seem to be very good deals (An editing card, adobe premier, encore, & audigy), for about £ 500, and was wondering if there is any catch ??

Also, are these Matrox cards graphics cards, or are they dedicated editing cards (or is this one in the same). Reason I ask is that I already have a good graphics card, and was wondering whether getting a Matrox card was really necessary, or ahould I just stick to purchasing the 3 adobe products seperately.

Many Thanks,
Richard.
Old February 11th, 2005, 01:26 PM   #313
Wrangler

Hi Richard,

You only live 20mins away from me... Welcome to DVI!

It should be the full and latest version of Premiere Pro, which is Version 1.5. However your best bet is give Matrox a ring or e-mail.

If it was me I would go for the RTX 100, you get so much more real-time capability than the RTX 10. These cards are dedicated editing cards, you still need a graphics card for it to work.

Personally I would buy the RTX 100 as it costs pretty much the same price of buying Premiere software only. Even if you decide not to use The RTX 100 card you still should be able to use Premiere in software only. If you do decide to use the RTX 100 make sure that you system meets the recommended system spec from Matrox's web site.

Hope this helps,

Ed

Good things come to those who wait

My Skiing web www.Frostytour.co.uk

For quick answers Search dvinfo.net | The best in the business: dvinfo.net Sponsors
Old February 11th, 2005, 02:32 PM   #314
Regular Crew

As Ed says make sure your system meets the required spec, I will go one further and say make sure you build a new system up using just the recommended hardware that Matrox suggest on their site.
I have been using the RTX 100 with pprem 1.5 and encore 1.0 and it is really good but you have to ensure you download the updated patches from Matrox' site.
It takes some setting up initially and everynow and then will crash, but hey, thats windows! For best results only use the system for editing video. Have a look on the MaTROX user site, they have a forum where a lot of your questions will be answered.
Old February 11th, 2005, 11:08 PM   #315
Regular Crew

Someone I need help PLEASE. URGENT!!!

I'm editing on Adobe Premiere 6. When I crop or mess with any aspect of my 60 interlaced footage I capture it automatically converts it to 30 fps without me asking. Is there anything I can do to prevent this. It stays 60i when I just edit it. What am I doing wrong. I have a project due soon and I need assistance because I have to the footage to fit 16x9.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite