Adobe Premiere & Premiere Pro discussions from 2005 - Page 23 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Closed Thread

Old February 13th, 2005, 04:08 PM   #331
Inner Circle

Ideally you'd want to try the remove echo/reverb as there is no echo outdoors (other than an early initial reflection off the ground). You're not going to be able to remove echo in post though.

A noise gate can remove echo in the quiet parts when no one's talking, but when they are talking you will hear the echo/reverb. It won't really help your problem.

Other options:
1- Add outdoor ambience and wind rumble.

2- If you were shooting this, mic very close and hang up sound absorption to change the ratio of signal noise to echo/reverb noise. You could also choose a less echo-y room too, which is along the same lines of adding sound absorption.

A lav microphone would be the best option for putting the mic the closest, unless the talent can wear a headset mic.

3- ADR/loop it. Takes a lot of time.

4- Shoot it outside??? (probably not practical I'm guessing, because of the green screen lighting issues.)

That's all I can think of.
Old February 13th, 2005, 07:45 PM   #332
Regular Crew

James if you can't get the aspect ratio correct, is it possible for you to take your project as is to a local production house and have it converted to the aspect ratio that you require? You need to find someone who has a peice of hardware that is known as an ARC. An ARC can convert footage to any aspect that you require, 16x9, 14x9, pillarbox, letterbox etc, etc.
Old February 13th, 2005, 09:08 PM   #333
Wrangler

Or, if you're disposed to upgrade, PPro 1.5 handles multiple aspect ratios easily. IMHO, it is REALLY worth the upgrade.

Sorry I'm not able to crack the code for you. But if there's some new info to work with, will be happy to try again.
Old February 13th, 2005, 10:26 PM   #334
Regular Crew

If it's any consolation Peter, I have have had to unload all my Ulea stuff. One day it was no problem then suddenly it was. ULEAD removed and everything works again!
Old February 13th, 2005, 11:02 PM   #335
Regular Crew

Thanks Anyway

I really appreciate everyones helps and attempts. I may have figured out why I can't. Me thinks my software is limited. I'm using version 6.0 LE. Is that why? I am getting pro 1.5 in a week or two.
Old February 14th, 2005, 05:33 AM   #336
RED Code Chef

That totally depends on a lot of things:

- your project settings
- your input footage
- the effects you applied (only black bars?)
- the final format you encoding/exporting to

If you go out to MPEG-2 or a high quality Windows Media codec
it will take a lot of time to render. The more effects you add, the
more it will get. This is just the nature of the beast.

You didn't tell us which fileformat and codec you exported to, so
it is impossible to tell why the skipping is happening, but:

- somewhere your settings where wrong (usually in the project settings of during the export) in regards to framerates
- you exported to a bad codec
- your player is corrupt or has some other problem

For example, a web encode template might have 15 frames per
second instead of the usual 30, that might look choppy. Or if you
exported to uncompressed your harddisk can't keep up....

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Old February 14th, 2005, 06:59 AM   #337
RED Code Chef

If it is for the fun I would simply load the project into your current
edit system (I assume PPro). Saves a lot of trouble.

Otherwise, there is a way to reset Premiere settings etc. You need
to hold down certain keys while starting Premiere. I think it was
the shift key or the shift and ctrl key (the ones on the left side of
the keyboard). Not 100% sure on that though...

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Old February 14th, 2005, 07:03 AM   #338
Inner Circle

outside.. well th e world is literally open to you..

i perioodically go out and record sounds for films i work audio on.. from clubss/bars to traffic, to rainforests.. i then use these as fills..
create an ambience with the sounds of your outside scene by going to a real life environment similar to your scene and record the audio.. then mix wisely grasshopper :)
Old February 14th, 2005, 10:20 AM   #339
New Boot

Premiere Pro 1.5 troubles

Hi I recently installed premiere pro 1.5. I use a matrox Xtreme pro card, so i had to uninstall that and reinstall it after i upgraded from premiere pro v1 to 1.5. only problem is that i can't install the matrox software. As soon as the installation starts, i get a message saying that i need to have premiere pro v1 or higher....and i have prem pro 1.5. Also now premiere comes up with a message that it cannot play audio and so it won't even start up. I didnt have this problem before and the previous version of premiere pro worked fine with my matrox card...for the most part.

I have reinstalled prem pro 1.5 a couple of times already and i don't know if i can get anymore activation numbers from Adobe. so i'm hoping i dont have to re-install it again.

Any suggestions?

i have a p4 pc, an intel D865PERL mother board, 2gig memory, 3.2 ghz processor.

i'd appreciate all the help. thanks.
Old February 14th, 2005, 11:17 AM   #340
Wrangler

Don't know for a fact, but I'll bet the "LE" is it...they probably disabled some features, like perhaps widescreen handling in the "Lite" version. I've definitely seen that in other software packages as well, like the DVDit Lite that was bundled with my DVD writer...no widescreen handling at all.

None of this will be a problem with PPro 1.5 (or Vegas, just to give equal time to those who prefer that!)
Old February 14th, 2005, 01:14 PM   #341
Wrangler

To reset preferences in 6.5 it is Shift + Ctrl while opening the program.

Do you get the timeline on newly created projects?
Have you gone to the Windows menu in premiere and selected the timeline option. Try changing the workspace.

You could also try starting a new project and then importing the problem project into the new one, to see if that helps?

Cheers,

Good things come to those who wait

My Skiing web www.Frostytour.co.uk

For quick answers Search dvinfo.net | The best in the business: dvinfo.net Sponsors
Old February 14th, 2005, 03:20 PM   #342
Regular Crew

Try the following...

Make sure you download and install Xtools version 6122 which is only compatible with PPro 1.5, then there's the hotfix 2 which Matrox just released.

So to make things a bit easier here are the steps I would do to make sure everything installs fine...

1-uninstall all versions of Premeire (to avoid confusion)
2-Installed only PPro 1.5
3-install Xtools 6122
4-install Hotfix 2
5-download and install a couple of new effects Matrox reelased (assuming you are running the Matrox RT.X100)

Enjoy :)

Regards,
Elie
Old February 14th, 2005, 08:19 PM   #343
Regular Crew

"Mastering AdobePremierePro"dvd

Anyone purchased the Mastering Adobe Premiere Pro dvd on ebay or elsewhere? I'm wondering if it even compares to the 150 dollar jobs out there. Anyone know?

Jay
Old February 15th, 2005, 02:51 AM   #344
Regular Crew

What are the PREMIERE export settings if you want your DV project transfered to film

1. What are all the prefered settings for film transfer? (Deinterlace, Flicker Removal, etc.)

2. 30i or 60i? (I want it to look closer to film)

3. When a film shot on DV is brought to a home medium like DVD or Video (28 Days Later, Chuck and Buck, Open Water), is it transferred from the film reel at 24fps or the 30/60i DV.

* Note I'm shooting with the good ole VX1000 and a 2000. Both aren't progressive.

I'd really appreciate if someone let me know for my upcoming project
Old February 15th, 2005, 05:56 AM   #345
Regular Crew

If you were to transfer it to film, you wouldn't export it. Just lay it off to tape.
If your wanting to add a film look, try generts Sapphire film effect.
Sapphires are by far my favorite plugin package.
add a frame of strobe to help the motion a bit. If you wanna take the time, cinewave and cinemotion for AE are both great tools for this.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite