DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Adobe Premiere discussions from 2003 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/3541-adobe-premiere-discussions-2003-a.html)

Ed Smith April 3rd, 2003 09:23 AM

The only way that I can think of how to do it is to splice the video into sections and give each section a slightly different speed than the other. I hope Adobe put this feature in version 7.

All the best swedish friend,

Ed Smith

Alex Taylor April 3rd, 2003 09:47 AM

Ed is right, that's the only way you can do it in Premiere. It's kind of time-consuming but it would work. In After Effects they have a 'time ramp' feature that does just that.

Lars Siden April 3rd, 2003 12:35 PM

Hi,

I friend of mine got his NLE kit today ( firewire card bundled with some software ) one of the programs was some sort of "light" Vegas Video. However - I was VERY impressed by Vegas.

Ramping was done in a sec.... the whole program is much more responsive and modern than Premiere 6.5... AND it could split captured video into clips ( from my XM-2 ).

Right now I'm thinking of a purchase of Vegas 4...

// Lazze

Robert Poulton April 3rd, 2003 01:51 PM

Well you can do it in premiere. Rate strech tool. (P)
Just select the tool then select a edge of a clip and slide down the timeline.

Simple

Rob:D

Christopher Hughes April 3rd, 2003 03:07 PM

FRAME MODE in PREMIERE 6.5

Anyone out there that uses Premiere 6.5 with tapes recorded in XL1s frame mode or frame mode on another camera. What special tweeks or things do I need to adjust or tweek to get it geared up for frame mode export? Or can you just capture and then export selecting deinterlaced?

How and what do I need to do? Can anyone out there give me some good pointers?

Ed Smith April 4th, 2003 03:25 AM

Cool, I had not seen that tool before. But you still need to splice the video into sections to get a ramp effect.

All the best,

Ed Smith

Rob Lohman April 4th, 2003 09:32 AM

You don't have to set any options when importing or exporting.
When you load the approriate DV template all is done for you!

Jonny Throop April 7th, 2003 03:17 PM

Problem exporting as a WMV in premiere 6.5

In premiere 6.5 when I try to export my movie as a WMV file I get a "Missing Codec" error in the program. There is probably a very simple solution for this problem. Could someone please lend a helping hand with a step by step to fixing this?

I have been doing File-Export timeline-Advanced windows media... then If I choose any of the following WMVs I get the missing codec error. Thanks In advance

Jonny Throop

jthroop@adelphia.net

K. Forman April 7th, 2003 05:04 PM

There are actually two answers-
Reinstall the windows media codec, or go to microsoft, and download the windows media encoder. It's free, and does a better job than Premiere does. There are also frontend prgrams that make the encoding much easier.

Jonny Throop April 7th, 2003 06:47 PM

I dont think the problem exists in the player. I just can't export it correctly in premiere. Is there some place where I am supposed to select a codec to use when exporting as a WMV?

K. Forman April 8th, 2003 05:51 AM

windows media is the codec. It has nothing to do with the player, until you try to watch it. Try to reinstall the codec for it, and if that fails, reinstall Premiere. Or, just download the windows media encoder 8 from microsoft.

Lars Siden April 9th, 2003 12:44 PM

Hi,

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/download/default.asp

There you can select "windows media encoder" in the dropdown box - I use version 9 myself, works like a charm

Takes a while to convert an AVI - it is a 2 pass process.

// Lazze

MarkinVideo April 14th, 2003 06:43 PM

Premiere 7.0

I saw last week at NAB a demo of 7.0 - wow, what an awesome upgrade - from what i could tell it answers almost all complaints of past reviews (ie. DV magazine's review of 6.5). the problem is that Adobe wasn't prepard to announce a release date. does anyone have any clues?

Jason Balich April 17th, 2003 12:19 PM

Premiere Capture Problem

Here we go!

Im shooting as much as possible getting to know this beauty of a camera. Just installed Premiere 6.0 and got the video to show with a 640 X 480 Frame size setting and Frame Rate of 29.97. The problem is that it crashes Prem constantly as im controlling the camera. Also, half the time it doesnt even show the video in the movie capture window but it does in the view finder on the camera, whats up with this?

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Ken Tanaka April 17th, 2003 12:28 PM

Are you using a Mac or PC?