DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Adobe Premiere discussions from 2003 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/3541-adobe-premiere-discussions-2003-a.html)

Glen Elliott May 30th, 2003 08:36 AM

What do you mean by the performance being bad going through the camera?
How else are we to monitor the video- using a computer monitor is so innacurate! ugh
I know I could use a professional NTSC monitor but wouldn't I have to connect it in a similar way or do those monitors have IEEE input. What's a round-about price for a decent 12" NTSC editing monitor?

Rob Lohman May 30th, 2003 08:51 AM

I had performance problems in the updating of my video window
on the computer self when my camera was hooked up. Also
Premiere seemed to be a bit "slower" in operation.

Perhaps a Digital->Analog converter would be faster, or a
firewire card with analog out.

Ed Smith May 30th, 2003 09:55 AM

All you need is to place the video in Video track 1 and the wide screen mask in track 2 then apply a transform filter (found in the Distort folder, I think) to the video in track 1 and move the position down slightly in the monitor window. This way you do not have to worry about matching the first and last frame in the motion editor.

thanks,

Ed Smith

Glen Elliott May 30th, 2003 10:15 AM

I have a capture card with analog out but am unhappy with the apparent instability it (the DV500) adds to an already somewhat moody program to begin with. Why couldn't Premiere be as rock-solid as Photoshop! lol

Anyway- do they make standard capture cards with analog out without without it being tied into drivers that intigrate with Premiere like Pinnacle's DV500 does?

Kevin Foristal May 31st, 2003 07:45 AM

I want to go to dual monitors. Can you guys recommend a good agp vid card? I have an Nvidia Geforce4 with s-out. I take it I need a dual head vga out card of some sort?

Charles King May 31st, 2003 08:47 AM

Go for the Matrox G550 card or if you can afford it, then the Matrox 750 will be your best bet. It supports three monitors or dual monitor plus a tv/monitor out so you can view your previews, all from one card.

Adrian Douglas May 31st, 2003 09:22 PM

A couple of ponts to remember when buyng cards is be sure that the card you want to buy is compatable with your other hardware, like capture card, sound card etc.

The other point is that for a video system you don't need huge amounts of video RAM, a 32MB card is enough as long as you don't plan on doing 3D modeling or gaming on the system as well.

Rob Lohman June 2nd, 2003 09:48 AM

I do think that most cards with analog in/out have special drivers
and such. Don't think there exists one without. But, I might be
wrong on this.

Seth Peterson June 2nd, 2003 11:24 PM

XP service packs 1 & 2. Conflicts with Premiere 6.5?

I've got a Dell with XP pro. I haven't d/l the two service packs put out since my purchase because I'm wondering if there are any problems with the upgrade upsetting Premiere. I only say this because I have 1 trillion hours of edits and projects. If anybody has heard of anything or installed the service packs let me know. By the way, my version of XP is the one that doesn't have power point.

Glen Elliott June 3rd, 2003 04:49 AM

Well I don't know if this is a help but I run Premiere 6.02 on XP and I've downloaded all service packs.......no problems here.

Kevin Foristal June 3rd, 2003 07:07 AM

Running 6.5 W/ All service packs....no probs.

Jan Roovers June 3rd, 2003 07:24 AM

no problems here

Adrian Douglas June 3rd, 2003 10:50 AM

Why do you want to download the service packs? SP1 was nothing but trouble and SP2 hasn't been out that long. If you are not having problems with your OS then I wouldn't bother with the SPs

Nigel Moore June 3rd, 2003 11:03 AM

The importance in SPs is greater if your PC's used to access the Internet. The SPs include all the current fixes to M$'s OS, which normally leaks security like a seive. Added to the fact that Windows is the hackers favourite target. If the PC is not net connected, SPs are generally of lower value.
Quote:

my version of XP is the one that doesn't have power point
Perhaps I'm being thick here, but all versions of Windows come without PowerPoint.

Adrian Douglas June 3rd, 2003 11:10 AM

Nigel,

If your using Windows and are connect to the net then you are exposing your files no matter what SP you have. Unless you are hiding behind a combination of hardware and software firewalls then your at risk. Simply cruising pages opens your machine to exploitation. SP1 caused more problems that it caused, if your worried about security then dl the individual security hotfixes.