DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Adobe Premiere discussions from 2003 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/3541-adobe-premiere-discussions-2003-a.html)

Nigel Moore July 11th, 2003 10:20 AM

You really don't give too much information as to what you're doing, how you're doing it, and your final target, so this is just a general thought.

If you want to stick with QT, the animation codec will give the best quality but large file size. The Sorenson codec will give smaller sizes with a degradation in quality. The Developer/Pro version gives you even more control.

The balance between size and quality is a judgement that only you can make.

Rob Lohman July 11th, 2003 11:54 AM

There was also a broking project file repair tool for Premiere. Anyone
remember which website?

Roy Roberts July 11th, 2003 01:12 PM

output for real web

there are about 6 streaming videos on my website http:/www.home-madevideos.com
Some are real and others WMF.
All were produced direct from Premiere by exporting from timeline to save for web, and then selecting real or windows media file at broadband/lan compression. please bare in mind that all the videos were produced by me when my only camera was a sony handycam (not even digital).

Kevin Foristal July 11th, 2003 01:51 PM

Huh

So let me get this right. If you own 6.5 the upgrade is free? Or if you bought 6.5 in the last month? I'm confused

Gary Bettan July 11th, 2003 02:14 PM

The upgrade from 6.x to pro is $199.95. if you bought 6.5 (or 6.5 bundled) after June 7th, you get teh upgrade free.

Upgrade ideas:
Instead of spending $199 for the upgrade think about these values:

1) Matrox RTX.10 Xtra card. $499.95 gets you free upgrade to premiere Pro, analog & digital I/O plus Matrox real-time 3D FX.

2) Forget about getting just the Premeire pro upgrade, check out the new DVC Collection. It's $799, but you get Premeire Pro, After Effects 6, Encore DVD & Audition. That's one heck of a deal.

Gary
Videoguys.com

Peter Moore July 11th, 2003 04:53 PM

Are we going to get a demo of Premier Pro? Anyone know?

Rodger Marjama July 11th, 2003 06:48 PM

I don't think I've ever see a trial version that is not at least 1 version old -- At least since I bought 4.2 a few years back.

-Rodger

Seth Peterson July 11th, 2003 11:55 PM

Clips aren't linked in Premiere 6.5 - very bizarre - please help

No matter what I bring into Premiere - be it bars and tone, a MS DVI encoded clip, or anything else - it doesn't appear to be linked. Both the audio and the video tracks show up on the timeline, in sync, and they are both green. However, if I click on one, it only selects that track. Both the audio and the video do not select.

I checked all the preferences and settings - they all seem fine. I tried restarting - made no difference. I even tried using the link tool - the clips turned blue and yellow, respectively, as unlinked files normally do. Then I re-linked them. Still, I can't get the cursor to select both tracks.

Please help!

Kris Kalapala July 12th, 2003 12:03 AM

DV collection Professional !!

I think the professional version which is being referred to here goes for $1499.00.

http://www.adobe.com/store/products/...d=catVideoColl

The standard edition(DVC) is for 799.00. This does'nt include Premiere "Pro".

Seth Peterson July 12th, 2003 12:04 AM

I figured it out.

Scott Silverman July 12th, 2003 12:21 AM

Actually there is only one version of Premiere Pro. It is the same version in both the "Pro" and "Standard" packages. The only differances between the two packages are:

After Effects 6 Pro as opposed to Standard
Adobe Photoshop 7 is included in the Professional Package

John Iler July 12th, 2003 06:51 AM

Pro Version

The photos of the retail box on the Adobe site show the words "Adobe Premiere Pro" -- not 7. But the customer service rep called it "Adobe Premiere 7."

This one's going to be difficult to have a trial version as it's going to be several hundred megabytes.

Robert Knecht Schmidt July 14th, 2003 12:22 PM

What was the solution?

Seth Peterson July 14th, 2003 08:17 PM

There is a stupid little button on the bottom of the timeline...Its on the left but the furthest button towards the right. It links and unlinks audio and video.

Seth Peterson

Brian Wood July 16th, 2003 12:57 PM

Print to tape in premiere

Hey, I am trying to export a project in premiere 6.0 that is comprised of digitized analog clips. I am using the Pinnacle Pro-One system. My computer has the AMD Athlon MP 1800+ at 1.52 GHz and 1.00 GB of ram. It is running Windowns XP Professional...

Now the problem...simply put it wont work. I try using premieres print to tape feature to get the final video out of the computer. The the breakout box is hooked up to the computer via firewire and the VCR is hooked up to the breakout box via RCA cables (I have already checked to be sure all the hookups are correct) When I try and output I only get a black screen.

Thanks for helping,
Brian