DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Adobe Premiere discussions from 2003 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/3541-adobe-premiere-discussions-2003-a.html)

Ed Smith August 19th, 2003 10:33 AM

Sounds like its trying to look for your old Sony.

As Adrian said try using generic DV device, or go to the device properties and select Panasonic from the drop down menu and then see whether your camera appears there, you can also use the check status button to find out whether the camera is on line.

To find the device properties box goto the edit menu in premiere then I think its settings (the one at the bottom) and then scratch disk and device control)

All the best,

Ed

Jason Tammemagi August 20th, 2003 02:08 AM

Audio plug-ins for Premiere/AE?

Hi there,
I may have no choice but to do much of my audio work in Premiere or After Effects (as they are pretty much the only programs I have access to). Are there any essential plug-ins that may improve the quality and flexibility of my audio that I should try to track down? The cheaper the better but even if they are expensive, let me know anyway.

Thanks in advance,
Jay.

Jed Williamson August 22nd, 2003 04:59 PM

Adobe video collection is now shipping

Adobe video collection is now shipping.

Well first you have to pony up $799 :)

Yi Fong Yu August 23rd, 2003 12:38 PM

anyone know technically what version will prem pro be at? 7.0?

Nick Medrano August 23rd, 2003 03:14 PM

Yes, 7.0

Mike Zorger August 27th, 2003 08:13 AM

No video when i try to capture

I just put in Windows XP Pro a few days ago, and when I opened up premier and tried to capture video, it said it was offline, So i guess my card is not turned on or something. Does anyone know what i should do?????? Thanks.

John Eriksson August 27th, 2003 08:14 AM

Does Premiere Pro have native support for HD?

Does Premiere Pro have native support for HD? And if so what do we need Aspect HD for?

Mark Jefferson August 27th, 2003 08:18 AM

Hi Mike,

I have had a lot of problems with capturing in Premiere. Try switching to another capture ulitity like DVIO (so-so) or ScenelyzerLive (really good but costs $40)

Cheers,
Mark

Glenn Gipson August 27th, 2003 08:59 AM

Premier Pro can handle HD, but I think you need a high end HD card for that, like any other HD NLE. The benefit of AspectHD, as far as I read, is that it not only handles the MPEG2-TS format well, but it also boast of an almost artifact free process of editing highly compressed HD material, all via firewire. And Aspect HD can convert the MPEG2-TS format to other formats as well.

http://www.cineform.com/products.html

John Eriksson August 27th, 2003 12:26 PM

Thanks!

Thank you for clearing that up for me..

Jason Tammemagi August 28th, 2003 02:07 AM

Rendering, keeping quality and compression question...

Hi folks,
I've been cutting in Premiere, rendering the footage, then putting on effects in After Effects where I will do the final render from. Obviously I want to keep the best quality possible. So, when I'm rendering from Premiere should I select 'No Compression' to keep the original quality or does that change the format of the footage (as it came in as dv footage). Or should I be selecting 'Microsoft DV' (the only dv related compression I seem to have)?

TIA,
Jay.

Glen Elliott August 28th, 2003 08:48 PM

Ok everyone....so, HOW is Premiere Pro?

Well it's out- and I'm sure at least a few of you have picked it up. I'm interested in what your opinions are about it. The good the bad, how it stacks up against other NLE's like Vegas 4, etc.

PS Is 6.0 "upgradable" to Premiere Pro, in other words if I were to pick up a copy of the Update will it work or is it strictly a 6.5 update?

Nick Medrano August 29th, 2003 12:35 AM

The fact that is does not yet support 24p is what is keeping me from using it much at all. Then again, I haven't shot much footage lately....I will tomorrow:)

BJ Thomas August 29th, 2003 12:53 AM

I got it this past monday and been playing with it. There are lots of new cool stuff and real time playback of effects is nice. I love the way everything is intergrated between after effects, photoshop, encore and premiere. You can pull previous version of adobe projects into pro but I had a few problems like sound not working properly or certain effects not working. So best thing to do is finish whatever old project you have in the old premiere and start new on Pro. All shortkeys are customizable. Most windows and tools can be customized to your hearts content.
The new color correction tools are pretty cool. Also I use the Shuttle Xpress and in old premiere when turn the jog wheel it stutters along instead of quickly moving. In Pro that has been fixed and I love it. Nested tracks is another amazing thing in Pro, no more virtual clips which I never used. No more a/b editing and I am getting use to single track editing and it is not hard.

A few things that I do miss is the way the story board is handled. Creating a new bin allows you to treat it like a storyboard and it handles in the same way as previous storyboard but when you are editing a large clip and grabbing different sections of the clip onto storyboard, the tumbnail is the original head of source clip for every clip you drag into storyboard. Then you have to manually click on each clip and play it to give it a different tumbnail which I think is extra work.

Another thing I miss is my one of favorite effects that I grabbed from photoshop 5 called diffuse glow. It doesn't work properly with Pro. Also Pro only works with XP.

I've played with Vegas Video and Adobe has caught up with, and surpassed what Vegas can do. I got the video package so encore, after effects, premiere pro and audition gives me most of the tools to get the job done. I love it.

K. Forman August 29th, 2003 04:57 AM

BJ- Coud you tell me more about the diffuse glow? Did you use it in Premiere 6?