DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Adobe Premiere discussions from 2003 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/3541-adobe-premiere-discussions-2003-a.html)

Brian Wood August 31st, 2003 06:43 PM

Thanks, Do you know if this bug is fixed in Premiere Pro?

Brian

Ed Smith September 1st, 2003 02:52 AM

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the detailed reply.

It might be worth upgrading Premiere to 6.02 or other wwise buy Premiere Pro or 6.5.

Your machine is a bit slow now, how ever that does not look like the problem, Unless its casheing into the memory.

HD space does not seem to be the problem.

There should not be a problem with audio muteing affecting video tracks (you might need to render audio), however if you mute a video track you will have to re-render.

It might be worth reseting to default. As you open up Premiere press I think Ctrl+Shift. This will reset everything in Premiere.

Peter Moore September 1st, 2003 08:02 AM

Don't know, but they said Premier Pro is built from the ground up, so I would certainly hope so!

Waco Oguin September 2nd, 2003 07:15 PM

XL1 frame mode and premiere

I'm editing a project that was shot in frame mode on a canon xl1.The video looks perfect untill I add an effect or add a title, then the colors are slighted muted and it's a little jagged and blury. If I export a video file straight from premiere, it looks fine, but if I export it from after effects, it has the same jagged/blury look.

The people at Adobe tell me it's because of the frame mode.

I've tried using "no fields" with the same effect.

Thanks,

Waco

Dan Lahav September 2nd, 2003 10:37 PM

Premiere Pro SSE problem

I tried to run Adobe Premiere Pro on my computer and as it starts loading up, i get the error message "Adobe Premiere Pro cannot run on this computer because the processor does not support the SSE instruction set."

My computer specs are:
1.4ghz AMD T-bird
512MB RAM
Geforce 3
etc etc...

Charles King September 3rd, 2003 01:14 AM

I don't know if this helps but I think the problem is Premiere pro is optimize for Pentium 4 processors. I could be wrong altogether.

Hans Henrik Bang September 3rd, 2003 02:21 AM

That is a nasty wall to hit... The problem is already described in Adobes knowledge database. Look it up here:

http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/31a06.htm

Basically support of SSE instruction set is a requirement and older AMD processors do not support this. I believe that the Palomino core was the first AMD processor to support SSE.

Basically the way I see it, you are out of luck until you buy a new CPU.

Hans Henrik

Waco Oguin September 3rd, 2003 08:55 AM

Frame mode and premiere

I'm editing a project in premiere that was shot in frame mode on a canon xl1.The video looks perfect untill I add an effect or add a title, then the colors are slighted muted and it's a little jagged and blury. If I export a video file straight from premiere, it looks fine, but if I export it from after effects, it has the same jagged/blury look.

The people at Adobe tell me it's because of the frame mode.

I've tried using "no fields" with the same effect.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Waco

Glen Elliott September 3rd, 2003 09:05 AM

*Vegas fans around the world snicker*

Ed Smith September 3rd, 2003 09:51 AM

How does it look on a picture monitor (TV) is still blurry?

Are you using Mac or PC?

What version of Premiere?

Are all your settings the same? Use the settings viewer to find out in Premiere?

Thanks,

Ed

Waco Oguin September 3rd, 2003 11:11 AM

Yes, it's still blurry on my tv.

I'm usuing a PC, running win 2000.

I'm using Premiere 6.02

All the settings are the same.

The only thing I haven't been able to try as far as the fields go is using "no fields" when capturing. I'm not sure if it's possible.

Anthony Williams September 3rd, 2003 12:51 PM

i can assist here as i had the same problem but mine was due to another reason altogether as i have an Athlon XP 1700.

anyway here is the info on different processors I came across when I ran into the problem.:

Here's some info that might clear it up for you:
Here's what the different CPUs contain:

Pentium III. - MMX, SSE
Pentium 4.. - MMX, SSE, SSE2
Athlon …... - MMX, ...................3DNow!
Athlon MP. - MMX, SSE, ...........3DNow!
Athlon XP.. - MMX, SSE, ...........3DNow!, Extended-3DNow!

So plain Athlon's do NOT have the SSE instructions but the Athlon MP and XP's do. Since PPro does not use any 3DNow! instructions, there should not be a difference between the MP or XP CPUs for running PPro.

So the T-Bird does not support SSE so an upgrade will be needed.

Dan Lahav September 3rd, 2003 03:21 PM

Bummer... Thanks for all the info guys. Better go upgrade..GRrrrrr >:(

Nick Medrano September 3rd, 2003 03:25 PM

Have been playing with it and so far I've been very pleased. The MOVIE LOOKS presets are very good. You can also buy 45 additional presets called SAVING PRIVATE RYAN, TRAFFIC, AMELIE, etc for a total of $45. Not bad.

So far so good. Now only if I had a 24p plugin...

Peter Higginbottom September 4th, 2003 02:59 PM

PREMIERE PRO

Hi
I`m still considering going to Premiere pro, but as an aside.
I am using a so called "cheapo" motherboard, K7S5A, with a RT.X100, 2400xp thorobred. SSE was enabled by using WPCUID(sic) to enable Xtools to be installed, then bios flashed to enable SSE permanently.
It looks to me that its mainly processor "speed" causes more problems than lack of SSE, if SSE can be enabled with a thorobred on Your particular motherboard.

So reading the previous posts, would Prem Pro be runnable without upgrading?, it looks so to me. But as the wife says "Your not often right, but Your wrong again"

Best Wishes.

Peter...