DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Adobe Premiere discussions from 2003 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/3541-adobe-premiere-discussions-2003-a.html)

Trent O Connor August 13th, 2003 02:44 PM

this is weird. it was rendered, it was the right device control but didnt work. i tried all day but just audio came thru. ive changed nothing but now its working? strange.

Ed Smith August 13th, 2003 02:47 PM

Look at my signature.

"Good things come to those who wait"

Well it certainly works here!!!

Did you turn the camera on before loading Premiere or after Premiere had opened?

Maybe your cable was a bit loose.

Glad its sorted,

Ed

Trent O Connor August 13th, 2003 02:51 PM

I left the camera on the whole time, went for food, came back and had one go, not even sure y as i didnt alter anything. i guess the camera just got bored waiting around.

Rob Lohman August 14th, 2003 06:25 AM

After Effects is mainly an effects and compositing application. So
it has more features to remove mattes, animate things, color
correct etc. I don't see much reason why you would need something
like that for wedding videos. But check the feature list out
for yourself. I think there is also a demo version available for
an older AE version so perhaps you can check that out as well.

Rob Lohman August 14th, 2003 06:54 AM

It is normal that a system is slow/unresponsive DURING capture,
so if that is happening don't worry. You also say that it is slow
when working with the footage. Is this AVI footage or mpeg2?
Mpeg is known to be slow in most applications [since it is an
intra-frame based compression algorithm].

If you use mpeg2, try using something else. Otherwise it might
be wise to check out the demo of Vegas. Although it probably
won't work with your ati multimedia center...

Clarence Walker August 14th, 2003 10:07 AM

THANKS

Thanks Rob for the feedback. The effect I'm looking for is the "soft" edge PIP circle or rectangle. I've heard that these can be created in Photoshop, but since I don't have it, I'd like to know if there's a website that might have these as downloadable files?

I'm currently using Premiere 6.0 to edit.

Thanks again,

Clarence

Steven-Marc Couchouron August 15th, 2003 04:58 AM

<<<-- Originally posted by Yi Fong Yu : do you folks see premiere+ae as one product in the future? -->>>

In Premiere Pro, when you open the effects palette you now get a kind of reduced AE interface with a timeline and tracks on which you can set keyframes.

The difference being that you can't really composite AND set keyframes on the same timeline.

Which is why I doubt AE and Premiere will become one product. Premiere Pro adds some nice new effects control but remains truly an editor. You can now however import a Premiere project into AE and keep the effects keyframes. So, in a sense Premiere and AE already ARE an integrated product, which is why Adobe is making interesting offers with it's new Digital Video Collection (including Encore DVD). Adobe is probably hoping that AE will bring pros to use Premiere. The sales of one product help the sales of the other ! ;-)

Rob Lohman August 15th, 2003 09:34 AM

Any paint package should allow you to createa a soft edge for
PiP use. Vegas can create it by itself if I'm not mistaken.

Scott Osborne August 15th, 2003 05:15 PM

I use AE 5.5 Pro in about every Wedding I shoot. I use it for composting multiple windows of animated video for the montages. I also use for my B&W, Sepia, and other colorazation work. I use it to add my Cinemotion film effects to my video. I use it for all of my final project composting work too. I usually edit and render my production into seperate parts then I edit all of my audio on Wavelab. I take all of these things and blend them together within AE. This way it very easy to add global color corrections and Hue and saturation settings.

Maybe its because I am an anal rententive Video nerd, but I cant output any final project whether its a wedding or otherwise without first "tweaking it" with AE.

Yi Fong Yu August 16th, 2003 11:28 AM

you guys may be forgetting that i'm using hi8. i've tried my friend's dv on mine and it works flawless... but i can't afford the xl1s yet (still saving). using prem to cap hi8 THROUGH the 8500DV (ati writes the worse drivers) is like hell on earth.

like i said i did a FRESH reinstall of wxp at least 3 times already with fresh installs of prem, ae, etc. and yesh dma is all enabled and all of the latest wxp win updates+ latest ati drivers catalyst 3.6, etc. (i'm a IT guy). on the 'base' computer front there are no problems.

both avi and mp1, mp2, quicktime, etc. all are slow with prem. when i'm done cleaning my room i'll have more time to get a screencap of what i'm talking about.

Glenn Chan August 18th, 2003 11:50 AM

Can you capture in virtualdub and compress the footage into something like Microsoft DV AVI? That might make things go faster since DV works well in Premiere.

Or just get Vegas, that is a cool program (very different feel though).

Yi Fong Yu August 18th, 2003 12:31 PM

i suppose i could. gonna have to give it a try after i fix me computer =).

Dave Burt August 19th, 2003 02:01 AM

Premiere 6 won't recognize my Panasonic AG-DVX100

I recently purchased a Panasonic AG-DVX100 camera and am trying to use it with Adobe Premiere 6.0, however my PC (a Compaq Evo W4000 with a Texas Instruments OHCI IEEE 1394 Host Controller Firewire card) is not recognizing my camera. In the past, I have used a Sony camcorder with this system and it worked fine. I have also connected a Panasonic AG-EZ30 and it does not recognize that either. I went to Microsoft's KnowledgeBase, downloaded and installed their patch, but that didn't work either.
Any suggestions?

Glenn Gipson August 19th, 2003 05:52 AM

Premiere Pro and 24 bit audio

Does Premiere Pro support 24bit audio? I already know that audition does, but I don't see where it says whether or not Premiere Pro does.

Adrian Douglas August 19th, 2003 07:45 AM

Since Premiere 6.0 was released way before the DVX it won't support the camera natively. Try using the "Generic DV Device" setting and see if that works.